Alabama Loses One...

Alabama Loses One...
« on: February 02, 2009, 04:24:44 PM »

http://www.neworleans.com/sports/lsu/99786.html

LSU closes in on Sentimore     
LSU News
Written by Ken Trahan    Bookmark and Share   
Monday, 02 February 2009 08:32
Two different sources tell NewOrleans.Com Sports that Destrehan blue-chip defensive lineman Darrington Sentimore has decided to de-commit from Alabama to attend LSU.

As we reported first this past Friday morning, Sentimore visited LSU this past weekend. The visit went extremely well. Sentimore has told contacts close to the recruiting process that he now intends to attend LSU.

Sentimore had committed to Alabama on October 5. He visited Alabama on January 16.

LSU shied away from recruiting Sentimore initially over concerns about eligibility. While those concerns still exist, it is more likely that Sentimore will qualify now.

The 6'3, 265 pound Sentimore runs in the 4.7 range in the forty. He helped lead Destrehan to 29 consecutive victories and back-to-back 5A Louisiana state championships. He is now likely to soon be playing for a school named Louisiana State.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
Re: Alabama Loses One...
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2009, 04:28:16 PM »
Sucks for them.   :clap:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2009, 04:32:19 PM »
Well...it's simple really.  LSU has lower academic standards than does Alabama.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2009, 04:34:03 PM »
Rivals is saying (in an article written today) that he's still going to Alabama.  I just posted it to see what the bammers would say.  I'm not sure the New Orleans account is gospel yet.

We shall see.  Lord knows that Rivals called RWS to get the scoop.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2009, 04:46:47 PM »
Rivals is saying (in an article written today) that he's still going to Alabama.  I just posted it to see what the bammers would say.  I'm not sure the New Orleans account is gospel yet.

Rivals probably wouldn't... Wouldn't want to deflate their reigning recruiting national champions' chances of finishing strong by news of decommits, now would we?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2009, 04:53:09 PM »

Rivals only posted what his coach said, and that was that LSU gave him a firm offer and made a push, but he was still going to UA. As you said, we shall see. I would rather see something from Sentimore than his coach.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2009, 07:32:28 PM »
It wouldn't surprise me that Darrington signs with LSU.  But, as rws stated, we shall see in the next two days.  Also, I doubt, Darrington will say anything right now, that would take away from his NSD spotlight.  I don't know about anyone else here, but this is the first time that I've been anxiously waiting NSD.  I also noticed that ESPNU will be doing a special 9 Hour show on Wednesday, have they done that before?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2009, 10:56:42 AM »
It wouldn't surprise me that Darrington signs with LSU.  But, as rws stated, we shall see in the next two days.  Also, I doubt, Darrington will say anything right now, that would take away from his NSD spotlight.  I don't know about anyone else here, but this is the first time that I've been anxiously waiting NSD.  I also noticed that ESPNU will be doing a special 9 Hour show on Wednesday, have they done that before?

ESPN will be at Gadsden City HS for a signing day special.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions