Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

carl's jr.

chinook

Re: carl's jr.
« Reply #60 on: January 31, 2009, 05:24:35 PM »
You prefer the Cap'n over Long John? 

if i had a choice long john for sure. oregon has a long john silvers within a short drive but no captain d's in oregon.

i just noticed mcdonald's is now offering sweet tea in participating locations. sweet tea does not exist in dining locations on the west coast except my kitchen.

also, mc d's, at least in the pac nw, is giving starbuck's a run for their money by offering coffee drinks both hot and cold. 

« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 05:25:29 PM by chinook »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #61 on: January 31, 2009, 06:39:33 PM »
The Plantation House.  Mmm mmm... 

When you been in my restaurant? 

Some new owners took it over a few years ago.  They added a cajun flavor to the menu.  It's the best it's ever been.  They do a great job. 

If you're ever there on Sunday, do the buffet.  Fried chicken, ham (or roast beef and gravy), mashed taters, corn, squash casserole, limas, field peas, a couple other vegetables I can't recall, rolls, cornbread and dessert. 

Sweetest tea I've ever had.  I crave that tea. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #62 on: January 31, 2009, 09:50:15 PM »
All kidding aside I would say that about every X'er that I've personally met; and I have absolutely no connection with Auburn other than my long-time friendship with Saniflush.  It reminds me of a quote from Pat Dye in a short book of letters and essays of Auburn folk...he wrote, "This is a book of Auburn stories, written by Auburn people.  If you are an Auburn person, you will love this book.  If you are not an Auburn person, this book just might make you wish that you were."

I have had many people, even some bammies tell me that they love going to a game at Auburn.  They have said that they were treated better there than all the other places they go.  One guy told me he was amazed at how much good food and cold beer he was offered by strangers.  I told him that is pretty common and then told him to look up what Scott Van Pelt had to say about his gameday experience for the AU/UGA game.  He told me that was exactly what it was like and he couldn't have described it any better.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #63 on: February 01, 2009, 12:31:12 PM »
The best seasoned fries ever have to belong to Milo's
That's what I'm talking about! Milos is the best all around fast food joint in the Birmingham area. I'd straight up kick an old woman in the puss for a pill cup full of that brown sauce.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #64 on: February 01, 2009, 12:33:47 PM »
That's what I'm talking about! Milos is the best all around fast food joint in the Birmingham area. I'd straight up kick an old woman in the puss for a pill cup full of that brown sauce.

Ummm....I'm going to have to...uh....disagree with you there, Peter.

Milo's is the most overrated shit on the planet.  That sauce makes my dog vomit.  My dog thinks that ass is haute cuisine and she hates Milo's.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #65 on: February 01, 2009, 12:41:51 PM »
Ummm....I'm going to have to...uh....disagree with you there, Peter.

Milo's is the most overrated shit on the planet.  That sauce makes my dog vomit.  My dog thinks that ass is haute cuisine and she hates Milo's.

I'd eat your damn dog if it had that brown sauce poured over it. The shit is like liquefied crack I tell ya.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #66 on: February 01, 2009, 12:43:50 PM »
I'd eat your damn dog if it had that brown sauce poured over it. The shit is like liquefied crack I tell ya.

She likes to pour it on her poonanny, if your offer stands.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #67 on: February 01, 2009, 01:34:24 PM »
She likes to pour it on her poonanny, if your offer stands.

Be careful chief. It's a big dog.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

« Reply #68 on: February 01, 2009, 01:49:19 PM »
When you been in my restaurant? 

Some new owners took it over a few years ago.  They added a cajun flavor to the menu.  It's the best it's ever been.  They do a great job. 

If you're ever there on Sunday, do the buffet.  Fried chicken, ham (or roast beef and gravy), mashed taters, corn, squash casserole, limas, field peas, a couple other vegetables I can't recall, rolls, cornbread and dessert. 

Sweetest tea I've ever had.  I crave that tea. 

My family has had farm land down there, which is now exclusively hunting property, for 50+ years.  Its near the intersection of Benevola Rd and 14. 

Perhaps I shoud be asking you what your doing in MY restaurant  :poke:

All kidding aside though, your right.  I've never had a bad buffet experience.  That place is the tits.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #69 on: February 01, 2009, 03:09:11 PM »
Be careful chief. It's a big dog.
I'd go all Jim Fowler on that dog. Milo's sauce is great for fisting.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #70 on: February 01, 2009, 05:10:46 PM »
My family has had farm land down there, which is now exclusively hunting property, for 50+ years.  Its near the intersection of Benevola Rd and 14. 

Perhaps I shoud be asking you what your doing in MY restaurant  :poke:

All kidding aside though, your right.  I've never had a bad buffet experience.  That place is the tits.

I know where that is.  Hell, man, I used to live fifteen minutes from the Plantation House. 

I ate there when it sucked, even. 

It's been through some owners, but the folks who have it now are awesome. 

My wife's dad used to have land down on Lubub.  I never hunted, just not my thing, but I'd go spend weekends in an old .... uhh.... searching for proper term... African American house they'd propped back together down in the woods.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #71 on: February 01, 2009, 10:51:26 PM »
I know where that is.  Hell, man, I used to live fifteen minutes from the Plantation House. 

I ate there when it sucked, even. 

It's been through some owners, but the folks who have it now are awesome. 

My wife's dad used to have land down on Lubub.  I never hunted, just not my thing, but I'd go spend weekends in an old .... uhh.... searching for proper term... African American house they'd propped back together down in the woods.

Small world. 

Haha, yeah well a few years back we actually went on hiatus cause my old man got a hamburger steak with a side of food poisoning but yeah the most recent times I've stopped in its been great.  Probably can attribute that to new ownership like you said. 

Lubub flows right through our property actually.  Divides it almost evenly in half matter of fact.

I never hunted, just not my thing, but I'd go spend weekends in an old .... uhh.... searching for proper term... African American house they'd propped back together down in the woods.

Haha...heard 'em called worse by the original proprietors.  Welcome to the deep south.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #72 on: February 01, 2009, 11:02:08 PM »
Small world. 

Haha, yeah well a few years back we actually went on hiatus cause my old man got a hamburger steak with a side of food poisoning but yeah the most recent times I've stopped in its been great.  Probably can attribute that to new ownership like you said. 

Lubub flows right through our property actually.  Divides it almost evenly in half matter of fact.

Haha...heard 'em called worse by the original proprietors.  Welcome to the deep south.

I bet you $100 I know who owned it when he got the hamburger steak poisoning. 

I used to love that hamburger steak with the fries.  Then for a while they got really bad before the ones who owned it then sold out.  We went to church with them.  One night I got one that was freaking gray and smelled like somebody had rubbed it up and down a cat's ass.  I didn't eat any of it. My wife wouldn't let me send it back because she didn't want to offend the folks.  We quit eating there until they got out of the and let somebody else have it.

It had gone down pretty seriously at that time.  Bill and Polly brought it back and then the folks who own it now turned it into a quality place again. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #73 on: February 02, 2009, 01:49:44 PM »
If any of you do your own deep/pan frying, try a breading by House-Autry. They have a medium hot that gives a little spice that is great. I fried up some deer tenderloins and served it with gravy and the kids loved it. Makes fried pork chops seem like a taste of heaven. This breading is so light that it does not fry off. Give it a shot.

And you liver folks, God bless you. I just do not eat the insides. Had a guy cook up the deer heart fresh the other day. Everyone who had it said it was damn fine. I just couldn't do it.

Church's fried chicken always got me going. And Captain D's is soooo much better than LJS that it is not funny. My kids HATE LJS' shrimp and love CD's. But it may be that our LJS is coupled with a Taco Hell.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #74 on: February 02, 2009, 02:01:21 PM »
Church's fried chicken always got me going.

Any business that had Aunt Ester pimping for them has to be good.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."