Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

carl's jr.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: carl's jr.
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2009, 06:42:56 PM »
Not usually lumped in with the fast food restaurants but Captain D's fries make me moist.  Especially when there's some "cracklins" scattered around from the fish batter.

By the way, one of the old Captain D's here in Dothan went up in flames last week.  I don't imagine it had anything to do with excessive grease build up.  Naaaa...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2009, 06:44:18 PM »
Not usually lumped in with the fast food restaurants but Captain D's fries make me moist.  Especially when there's some "cracklins" scattered around from the fish batter.

By the way, one of the old Captain D's here in Dothan went up in flames last week.  I don't imagine it had anything to do with excessive grease build up.  Naaaa...

Do you pour the vinegar all over them?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2009, 07:16:11 PM »
oh..i sure do miss captain d's.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2009, 07:25:57 PM »
oh..i sure do miss captain d's.

You prefer the Cap'n over Long John? 

The thing I used to love was Hardee's chicken.  Don't know of any Hardees making the chicken any more.  So I have to settle for Jack's.

Jack's fries with the seasoned salt are pretty tasty. 

Balanced meal?  Jack's regular hamburger, order of fries, two-piece chicken basket (all dark) with a biscuit.  Large Dr. Pepper and fried lemon pie.   That's good stuff there.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2009, 07:27:30 PM »

The thing I used to love was Hardee's chicken.  Don't know of any Hardees making the chicken any more.  So I have to settle for Jack's.

Balanced meal?  Jack's regular hamburger, order of fries, two-piece chicken basket (all dark) with a biscuit.  Large Dr. Pepper and fried lemon pie.   That's good stuff there.   

The best seasoned fries ever have to belong to Milo's
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Ogre

« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2009, 07:27:56 PM »

So you're saying you like the dark meat.  Interesting.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2009, 07:28:30 PM »
I have no idea. I've never been to McDonalds for a dine in experience.

You must not have kids.  

You don't drive through McDonalds when you have small children and there's a glistening Mini-Disneyland looming over the parking lot.  Climb right up in Mayor McCheese's ass and slide out the Grimace's colon after traversing the Hamburglar maze.  Oh yeah.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2009, 07:29:44 PM »
The best seasoned fries ever have to belong to Milo's

Jack's are softer.  They got that going for them.  Seasoning is about the same. 

And yeah, I prefer the dark chicken meat.  Give me two thighs and a leg any day over a fat breast.  And a mess of livers, too, if you can find them. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2009, 07:34:29 PM »
 Climb right up in Mayor McCheese's ass and slide out the Grimace's colon after traversing the Hamburglar maze.

Is Jumbo aware of this?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2009, 07:35:54 PM »
Jack's are softer.  They got that going for them.  Seasoning is about the same. 

And yeah, I prefer the dark chicken meat.  Give me two thighs and a leg any day over a fat breast.  And a mess of livers, too, if you can find them. 

Speaking of Livers, KFC has the best fried chicken livers short of my mom's homemade livers
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2009, 07:36:48 PM »

Is Jumbo aware of this?

You have to be 3'6" or shorter to ride.  So it's pretty much limited to midgets and snot-nosed kids.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2009, 07:39:19 PM »
Speaking of Livers, KFC has the best fried chicken livers short of my mom's homemade livers

I gotta take you to Crenshaw county about 25 miles South of Montgomery on 331.  Mom and Pop filling station that cooks'em fresh everyday day stating about 11.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2009, 07:41:18 PM »

Seriously?  I'm a liver afficionado.  I've always steered clear of fast-food livers, though and never tried KFC.

I've been known to drive into ghettos in unfamiliar southern cities looking for that converted house that says "Bertha Chickan Shax"  on a painted wooden sign above the door because I feel certain that the livers there will be exemplary.  

Found a place in Tuscaloosa just off the projects on MLK Drive that was nothing more than a block building with a tin roof on it.  Served livers and collards.  They knew me by name there.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2009, 07:43:36 PM »
You must not have kids.  

You don't drive through McDonalds when you have small children and there's a glistening Mini-Disneyland looming over the parking lot.  Climb right up in Mayor McCheese's ass and slide out the Grimace's colon after traversing the Hamburglar maze.  Oh yeah.  
My kids are probably older than you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2009, 07:46:19 PM »
KFC livers are willing when you can't get anything else. A true godsend from the hinterlands of Minnesota. Not all places have them up there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2009, 07:46:55 PM »
Seriously?  I'm a liver afficionado.  I've always steered clear of fast-food livers, though and never tried KFC.

I've been known to drive into ghettos in unfamiliar southern cities looking for that converted house that says "Bertha Chickan Shax"  on a painted wooden sign above the door because I feel certain that the livers there will be exemplary.  

Found a place in Tuscaloosa just off the projects on MLK Drive that was nothing more than a block building with a tin roof on it.  Served livers and collards.  They knew me by name there.  

The good thing about KFC livers is that they are always fresh and made to order.  I don't think they sell a lot so when you order them they make them fresh.  They are made with the KFC secret recope breading and are delicious and hot out of the fryer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2009, 07:49:03 PM »
I gotta take you to Crenshaw county about 25 miles South of Montgomery on 331.  Mom and Pop filling station that cooks'em fresh everyday day stating about 11.

I'm in.  I have to go to Montgomery next week I think.  

There's a place in Aliceville (across from Jack's, actually) that serves good livers.  Will try to remember some other places I've been.  I never hesitate to get the gas station ones sitting under the heat lamps.  Always get a single just to try it.  Some places try to pass gizzards off as livers.  I'm not having that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2009, 07:50:40 PM »
My kids are probably older than you.

Doubtful.  I was alive for Nixon. And LBJ. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2009, 07:51:05 PM »
I had the livers at Cracker Barrell over the holidays and they were not very good.  Just FYI so you don't waste your money.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2009, 07:52:17 PM »
I had the livers at Cracker Barrell over the holidays and they were not very good.  Just FYI so you don't waste your money.

I avoid the Crapper Barrell if at all possible.  That's gummy grandma food. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions