Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Demond Washington

Demond Washington
« on: January 29, 2009, 09:29:30 PM »
..has decided where he wants to go after meeting with Auburn and Ole Miss coaching staff's today.  He said he has notified the "losing" school so that they can continue to pursue another route.  He will announce on signing day.

FWIW....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
Re: Demond Washington
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2009, 02:09:47 PM »
Just wanted to give an update, according to scout and according to Mississippi Scout writer, Yancey Porter (who DW promised he would be the first to know) has decided on AU.  Told CHN that he needed another day to think about it and told him he was thinking Auburn. CHN told him that it was OK to go ahead and go to Auburn because that is where he needed to be.  Also said that AU gave him the best chance of getting on the field and making an impact.   Good pick up!

EDIT:  Adding stats for Harvey Birdman.   :thumbsup:

Ht: 5-foot-10
Wt: 185 lbs
Forty: 4.29 secs
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 02:23:29 PM by AUTiger1 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2009, 02:55:40 PM »
Hell Fuck YEAH!!! (6 Grillz and a Pimp Cup)

I also noticed where Old Mrs. picked up D.T. Shackelford (4* LB that was commited to UT)
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 03:14:49 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2009, 03:43:03 PM »
Just wanted to give an update, according to scout and according to Mississippi Scout writer, Yancey Porter (who DW promised he would be the first to know) has decided on AU.  Told CHN that he needed another day to think about it and told him he was thinking Auburn. CHN told him that it was OK to go ahead and go to Auburn because that is where he needed to be.  Also said that AU gave him the best chance of getting on the field and making an impact.   Good pick up!

EDIT:  Adding stats for Harvey Birdman.   :thumbsup:

Ht: 5-foot-10
Wt: 185 lbs
Forty: 4.29 secs

I need my stats, bitch.  My brother in law coached against this kid and said he can flat out fly. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2009, 03:53:28 PM »
RB Demond Washington MGCCC '07
172 Carries 1,182 YDs (6.9 avg) 12 TDs
5 Receptions 2 TDs

CB Demond Washington MGCCC '08
55 Tackles
3 INT
5 PR for TDs

He earned a First-Team All-Conference selection
National JUCO Athletic Association (NJCAA) All-American Honorable Mention.

As a SR, DW committed to LSU before his grades were a concern
DW was also a standout in track. As a senior during the AHSAA Track and Field Championship (4A-6A), DW ran a 10.98 in the 100-Meter.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2009, 12:12:30 PM »
This is a very good pickup.

Let me anticipate the Kaos bellyaching:

This guy is a JUCO player and you can't build a program on players that will only be here two years.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2009, 03:12:38 PM »

This guy is a JUCO player and you can't build a program on players that will only be here two years.
Let me add that DW chose us over Pearl River Community College, Delta State, and the South Itawamba School of Dentistry.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2009, 06:16:10 PM »
Let me add that DW chose us over Pearl River Community College, Delta State, and the South Itawamba School of Dentistry.

YOu don't want to fuck with an abscessed molar.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2009, 09:21:43 PM »

Rudi Johnson says go fuck yourself.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2009, 07:22:15 AM »

Yeah.

So does Danial Cob....... 

Nevermind.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

wesfau2

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2009, 12:53:01 PM »

So you're ok with getting the JUCO players?

I'm just trying to flesh out my copy of "The Laws of SEC Football Administration and Coaching: A Rant" by Kaos.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2009, 01:25:15 PM »
So you're ok with getting the JUCO players?

I'm just trying to flesh out my copy of "The Laws of SEC Football Administration and Coaching: A Rant" by Kaos.

Yeah, I'm fine with getting jucos.  Not primarily juco -- or the brilliant strategy once employed by Jackie Sherill -- but juco guys can be good finds.

Walter Jones was a juco guy.  Went to FSU out of Hinds, I think, and turned into one of the best offensive linemen in NFL history. 

There are no "laws" per-se.  It's case by case. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2009, 01:40:47 PM »
I'm fine with a few JUCO guys here and there if they can step in and help right away.  One thing to consider as well is if a player is truly a talent, 2-3 years is all you can expect these days.  Kids bolt at the first sign of someone telling them they're the next Larry Fitzgerald.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2009, 01:42:56 PM »
The real question though is how long before he is moved to CB?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2009, 01:45:58 PM »
I'm fine with a few JUCO guys here and there if they can step in and help right away.  One thing to consider as well is if a player is truly a talent, 2-3 years is all you can expect these days.  Kids bolt at the first sign of someone telling them they're the next Larry Fitzgerald.

Some of this will be curtailed this year since the NFL is mandating rookie salary caps.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2009, 01:48:25 PM »
Some of this will be curtailed this year since the NFL is mandating rookie salary caps.

You are wise and your point well taken. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2009, 01:48:40 PM »

There are no "laws" per-se.  It's case by case. 

Very slippery, Agent Starling.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions