Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

3* All Purpose Back Gulley Commits

3* All Purpose Back Gulley Commits
« on: January 28, 2009, 05:21:48 PM »
Out of Brantley HS.   Recruited to Auburn to play slot receiver. 

Ht: 5-foot-11
Wt: 185 lbs
Forty: 4.4 secs
Bench max: 245 pounds
Squat max: 305 pounds
Vertical: 39 inches
Class: 2009 (High School)

« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 05:22:35 PM by AuburnChopper2.0 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Re: 3* All Purpose Back Gulley Commits
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 07:04:15 PM »
Gulley finished his senior season with 31 touchdowns in 11 games. He carried the ball 58 times for 1,162 yards (20.0 avg.) and 18 TD's, caught 17 passes for 543 yards (31.9 avg.) and nine TD's, returned six kickoffs for 244 yards (40.7 avg.) and two TD's, and returned five punts for 203 yards (40.6 avg.) and two TD's.

He also tallied 48 solo tackles, nine sacks, two interceptions and one fumble recovery as a free safety on defense. He's also a standout baseball player, hitting .560 with four homeruns and 39 stolen bases as a junior.
Very, VERY Nice Highlights...If the coaches decide to use him on Defense as FS or SS, which they won't, but if they did...he would be in the 2 deep after his first year.  But on offense, if he gets a crease...he'll get you 10 yards or more.  I'm giving him (4 Grillz).

If he was doing all of this against 6A type of competition he would be HIGHLY sought after.  But, I think that his grades, the fact that he didn't go to that many football camps, if any aside from Auburn's Camp, because of his Baseball commitment and his Highlight Videos weren't released until about a week ago are the only things that have really hampered him.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 09:13:53 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: 3* All Purpose Back Gulley Commits
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2009, 09:05:33 PM »
I really like this kid.  As Prowler pointed out, he's racked up sick numbers but against 1A competiton.  I've seen him play twice and he's a man among boys at this level.  One of the most impressive things about his style of play was, in the 8-9 TD's I watched this kid score, he never once put on the "Me, me, me...Look at me" bullshit antics that so many players display.  He'd run for a 90 yard score around left end, untouched....cross the goal line and turn and calmly toss the ball to the ref and run to the sidelines.

I have no idea how ripping up the 1A level will translate and I don't think he's the 2nd coming of Bo Jackson.  But, I do think this kid will really contribute some good things at Teh Planes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."