No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
Re: Tyrik Rollison Commits To AU
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2009, 12:20:12 PM »
FUCK YES!!!!!!!!!

I hope this kid can get in! He is a bad ass! Maybe this will start the ball rolling for some top notch WR's to commit!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2009, 12:23:11 PM »
Auburn has landed a commitment from the nation's No. 2 dual-threat quarterback.

Sulphur Springs (Texas) four-star Tyrik Rollison said Tuesday he plans to sign with the Tigers Feb. 4, National Signing Day.

"I just committed to Auburn," Rollison said. "I know Auburn is where my heart was leading me. It's hard to believe I'm going to Auburn. Earlier in the process, I wasn't even being recruited by Auburn, but I went and visited and it's an amazing place."

"Once I leave my family in Texas and go to Auburn, it's like I'm going to a whole other family."

Rollison was recruited to Auburn by assistant Curtis Luper.

"I talked to Coach Luper and told him I was committing. He was excited," said Rollison. "Me and Coach Luper have a great relationship. I've known him for a while. That kind of helped everything."

The 6-foot-2, 185-pounder gave his verbal pledge to Auburn after taking an official visit to the Plains this past weekend.

Rollison chose the Tigers after narrowing his list to Auburn and Kansas State. He also had offers from Kansas, Nebraska, Texas A&M, Florida State, Oregon and Arizona among others.

This past fall as a senior, Rollison threw for a school-record 4,728 yards and 53 touchdowns. He also rushed for 1,094 yards.

Rollison led Sulphur Springs to the Class 4A Division II state championship. In the title game, a game Sulphur Springs won 69-49 over Dayton, Rollison combined for 517 yards and seven touchdowns. He connected on 23-of-29 passes for 398 yards and four scores, and also added 127 yards and three touchdowns on the ground.

As a junior, Rollison completed 296-of-423 passes (69.9%) for 3,691 yards and 37 touchdowns. He also rushed for 554 yards and seven more scores.

"I'm solid," he said. "I'll sign with Auburn."

Rivals.com rates Rollison the No. 9 overall recruit in the state of Texas and No. 60 in the country. He is the Tigers' 20th commitment in the 2009 class and second quarterback. Leroy (Ala.) High's Clint Moseley has said he will also sign with Auburn.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2009, 12:36:30 PM »
HELL YEAH!!  WAR EAGLE TYRIK! 

:bounce: :pb:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2009, 01:07:31 PM »
I am hearing it is REAL iffy that he qualifies.  is that legit?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2009, 01:22:06 PM »
His act is low. Heard he is working on the grades. Possible but not definite at all is what I've heard.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2009, 01:33:06 PM »
I am hearing it is REAL iffy that he qualifies.  is that legit?

TIFWIW, someone at scouts, rivals, or some other place said that he took the ACT in 10th and made a 13, took it again at the beginning of this year and made a 15.  His grades don't seem to be the big problem, it's his ACT score, but someone mentioned that all he needs is a 2.6 and a 16 on his ACT to qualify.  Hopefully his ass will get a tutor and qualify.  Who knows though?

EDIT: Can someone explain the thing about composite scores?  I thought you had to have an 18 on your ACT no matter what.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 01:38:21 PM by AUTiger1 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2009, 01:38:48 PM »
Who cares about his grades...kid's got Stars!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2009, 01:49:21 PM »
Who cares about his grades...kid's got Stars!!!

Sure he's got stars but does he have grillz?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2009, 02:34:22 PM »
Sure he's got stars but does he have grillz?

He's an Auburn recruit.  He's got grillz, skillz and a pimp cup.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Aubie16

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2009, 05:29:30 PM »

EDIT: Can someone explain the thing about composite scores?  I thought you had to have an 18 on your ACT no matter what.

The NCAA has always used a sliding scale in order to determine initial eligibility. They now use the sum ACT score instead of the score most of yall would be familiar with. Here is an estimation of the sliding scale using the old ACT scores:

Sliding Scale:

GPA......ACT

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Auburn is so much more than a city, school, team, or degree. It is something that, once you have experienced it, will live inside of you forever and become a part of what makes up who you are."

1913 | 1914 | 1957 | 1958 | 1993 | 2004 | 2010

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2009, 05:52:03 PM »
Tyrik Rollison QB 6'2 185lbs 4.55 Sulphur Springs, TX. (6 Grillz)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2009, 05:54:46 PM »
The NCAA has always used a sliding scale in order to determine initial eligibility. They now use the sum ACT score instead of the score most of yall would be familiar with. Here is an estimation of the sliding scale using the old ACT scores:

Sliding Scale:

GPA......ACT

Thanks.  Love the avatar, btw.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Aubie16

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2009, 06:52:19 PM »
No problem.

Yeah, I've always liked her music. Doesn't hurt that she looks the way she does  :thumbsup:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Auburn is so much more than a city, school, team, or degree. It is something that, once you have experienced it, will live inside of you forever and become a part of what makes up who you are."

1913 | 1914 | 1957 | 1958 | 1993 | 2004 | 2010

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2009, 07:41:30 PM »
No problem.

Yeah, I've always liked her music. Doesn't hurt that she looks the way she does  :thumbsup:

Exactly!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2009, 09:45:25 PM »
You can't argue with a thread that combines Auburn reeling in the #2 QB recruit in the nation and hot girls with guitars.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2009, 09:46:40 AM »
Rivals mods and Scout mods are confirming that according to Tyrik's HS coach, he will qualify and that the rumors about the ACT and other academic issues are 2 years old.   TIFWIW...

Hope he gets in with no problem.  That would be a bad ass QB battle between Kodi, Neil, Barret, Clint, Tyrik and yes, maybe even Chris Turkey arm Todd.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2009, 10:10:49 AM »
Rivals mods and Scout mods are confirming that according to Tyrik's HS coach, he will qualify and that the rumors about the ACT and other academic issues are 2 years old.   TIFWIW...

Hope he gets in with no problem.  That would be a bad ass QB battle between Kodi, Neil, Barret, Clint, Tyrik and yes, maybe even Chris Turkey arm Todd.

Speaking of which, how extensive was his surgery?  I never heard what it was or any details.  I went back the other day and watched a few of his highlight vids and that was not the same Chris Todd that took the field for us last season.  I am not saying that he had a lighting bolt for an arm before, but IMO it was pretty obvious that something was not right. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions