Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

QB's From the State of Texas

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: QB's From the State of Texas
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2009, 01:23:29 PM »
They're doing it now fairly successfuly with limited time.  What makes you think they can't maintain, or do an effective job with more time?  Other universities recruit nationally, what makes you think Auburn can't?

Please pound your head on another brick wall.

Tuberville already had 90% of this class in the books.  They didn't HAVE to do anything but make some phone calls. 

Maybe they can.  I just know you can't be in Texas watching a football game on the same Friday night you're in Andalusia.  Not enough people to do so.  And if you go fucking around in Texas all the time you ignore what's right under your nose -- low hanging fruit, so to speak. 

If you target one or two kids from Texas or whatever, then that's one thing.  If you're going to focus on Texas as one of your primary areas, that's another. 

Comprende, Drama Llama?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2009, 01:34:14 PM »
Tuberville already had 90% of this class in the books.  They didn't HAVE to do anything but make some phone calls. 

Tuberville isn't the coach anymore.  There have been 21 recruits visit Auburn that were NOT contacted, or recruited by the past staff, including Rollison, Randle and others.

Maybe they can.  I just know you can't be in Texas watching a football game on the same Friday night you're in Andalusia.  Not enough people to do so.  And if you go fucking around in Texas all the time you ignore what's right under your nose -- low hanging fruit, so to speak.

There are more than just one or two guys that hitting the road Kaos.  Good grief, I cover everything from Savannah to Dallas in my job and see everyone in my territory once about every four weeks.  It's not as difficult as you make it sound.  You're low hanging fruit is an easy approach, but keeps you mediocre, unless you get lucky and one of the best players just HAPPENS to be close to home. 

JMO....

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2009, 01:40:13 PM »
It could also be that most of the local, top level talent is already firmly committed to other schools and they decided to look to a very talent rich area where the new assistants already have some connections.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2009, 01:44:04 PM »
They're doing it now fairly successfuly with limited time.  What makes you think they can't maintain, or do an effective job with more time?  Other universities recruit nationally, what makes you think Auburn can't?
A few of these guys were being recruited by coaches while they were at their previous employers. So, its not like they just jumped in in a months time and swayed some of these kids to come on. For example:

Tyrik Rollison 4*- was being recruited by Luper at OK St.
Nosa Eguae 3* - was being recruited by Chizik at Iowa St.

A few of them only had offers from scrub schools and would be incredibly stupid to turn AU down. For example:

Clint Moseley 3*- Arkansas St., Marshall, South Alabama, UAB
John Sullen 3*- Duke, Memphis, Southern Miss, Tulane, South Alabama, UAB
Izauea Lanier 3*- Kentucky, Mississippi State, Troy

Probably on the verge of committing:

Joel Knight 3* - was being recruited by Chizik at Iowa St.
Anthony Gulley 3* - Troy
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2009, 01:53:51 PM »
A few of these guys were being recruited by coaches while they were at their previous employers. So, its not like they just jumped in in a months time and swayed some of these kids to come on. For example:

Fine, but it doesn't address the point that was being made overall.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2009, 02:00:30 PM »
Auburn's bread and butter, ham and gravy, biscuits and eggs, grits and sausage has traditionally (this means always) been in recruiting close to home. 

Where did the greatest players in Auburn history come from?  Cribbs, Sullivan, Bo, Terry (both), Carnell, etc. all came from Alabama.  Ronnie, James Brooks and tons of others came from Georgia.  Fullwood and half a billion other kids came from Florida.  Jason Campbell came from Mississippi. 

That's where Auburn will live and that's where Auburn will die. 

Chasing Texas is the worst strategy I can imagine and it just reinforces how stupid I think Chiz is. 
Your opinion is becoming stale.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2009, 02:11:40 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2009, 03:03:00 PM »
You can't serve two masters.  You can't have your coaches out burning up the desert in Texas hoping to compete with Texas, OU, Tech, A&M, Nebraska, Baylor, SMU, Arkansas, North Texas, TCU, New Mexico, Arizona and the rest and still do an adequate job of maintaining your strengths. 

The ONLY two schools on that list that would give Auburn a run for their money right now would be UT and OU.  MAYBE Texas Tech.  Yeah, some kid is gonna choose Baylor/SMU/UNT/New Mexico or A&M over AUBURN and the SEC?  Puh-leeze. 

The Chiz tried to recruit Texas for Iowa State too. 

Oranges and rotten apples, my friend.

While it will be easier to get a kid to come to Auburn than to an Iowa State type team, you're still looking at a difficult sell.  Why?  Because mom and dad want to be able to come see their son play and they don't want to have to buy a plane ticket to do so every weekend.

Mom & Dad would find a way or else would get over it if the son playing at Auburn/the SEC gave him a better shot at the NFL. 

And honestly?  A lot of these kids don't have parents who could come see them even if they were in College Station or Austin or heaven forbid, Lubbock.  It is actually closer to drive to Auburn from Houston than from Houston to Lubbock, and still around 8 hours+ from Houston to Norman.  Texas is a freaking big state, and just because these kids may choose to stay in the Big 12 area doesn't mean their parents would automatically have an easier time getting to see them play.  I know if my kid was in Norman, I sure as hell would not be driving up there every weekend.  I would either fly or watch it on TV.

Sorry, dude, but again - your argument just does not hold water.  No downside to recruiting Texas.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 03:03:34 PM by Tiger Wench »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2009, 03:24:39 PM »
Auburn's bread and butter, ham and gravy, biscuits and eggs, grits and sausage has traditionally (this means always) been in recruiting close to home. 

Where did the greatest players in Auburn history come from?  Cribbs, Sullivan, Bo, Terry (both), Carnell, etc. all came from Alabama.  Ronnie, James Brooks and tons of others came from Georgia.  Fullwood and half a billion other kids came from Florida.  Jason Campbell came from Mississippi. 

That's where Auburn will live and that's where Auburn will die. 

Chasing Texas is the worst strategy I can imagine and it just reinforces how stupid I think Chiz is. 

WTF is chasing texas? We have 2 recruits from there so far. I mean are you saying we pass on rollison because he aint from around here? We are just expanding a little, and still going where we have always gone as well. Relax, chicken little.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2009, 04:02:11 PM »
I wish that we'd hit up Ohio and California a little.  I know I would.  BTW, Kaos....Auburn got a commitment from John Sullen, while they were "ALL OVER" Texas...he was right under our nose from Auburn High.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

RWS

« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2009, 04:34:32 PM »
I wish that we'd hit up Ohio and California a little.  I know I would.  BTW, Kaos....Auburn got a commitment from John Sullen, while they were "ALL OVER" Texas...he was right under our nose from Auburn High.
Duke, Memphis, Southern Miss, Tulane, South Alabama, and UAB have had about enough of y'alls bullshit this past month. Not to mention Central Arkansas and Marshall.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2009, 04:40:10 PM »
Duke, Memphis, Southern Miss, Tulane, South Alabama, and UAB have had about enough of y'alls bullshit this past month. Not to mention Central Arkansas and Marshall.

Go ahead and explain.  Surely you're not claiming these are the only schools we've earned prospects over....  That would be stupid.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2009, 05:01:19 PM »
Go ahead and explain.  Surely you're not claiming these are the only schools we've earned prospects over....  That would be stupid.   
No, but it does seem to be the pattern the past month. Gulley just commited, he had an offer only from Troy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2009, 05:15:02 PM »
No, but it does seem to be the pattern the past month. Gulley just commited, he had an offer only from Troy.

So Rollison and Egua who had had offers from KSU, Colorado, Texas Tech, Oregon, Florida St....   Those don't count towards this month??   I gotcha...

Must have just been another bad case of diarrhea of the mouth....

Thanks for the update on Gulley though... good kid, and glad he's coming!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2009, 05:51:02 PM »
So Rollison and Egua who had had offers from KSU, Colorado, Texas Tech, Oregon, Florida St....   Those don't count towards this month??   I gotcha...

Must have just been another bad case of diarrhea of the mouth....

Thanks for the update on Gulley though... good kid, and glad he's coming!
Maybe you should have paid a little more attention to my previous post. Rollison and Eguae were pointed out that they had been recruited by Luper and Chizik at their previous place of employment. I did not list them under the scrub school category. Joel Knight had some decent offers as well. I still doubt Rollison qualifies anyway, so he's kind of a moot point. There are a few that have a halfway decent list. But alot of them have scrub offers.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2009, 06:29:24 PM »
What did your offer list look like coming out of hs? 

That's what I thought.  Now shut the fuck up, and send somebody out to help that little old lady up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2009, 06:39:59 PM »
What did your offer list look like coming out of hs? 
That is the dumbest fucking argument ever. I guess you shouldn't be allowed to have an opinion on politics since you have never been in public office? You can't criticize anything the president does because you're not any better? Total bullshit argument. My simple point is if one school in the entire country offered you (Troy), just how good are you? One way to gauge a recruit's skill is how many offers and where these offers are from. If you have a guy who has offers from virtually every school in the country, that tells you a shitload of coaches has evaluated him and they think he's pretty good. When you have say 5 Div-II teams offering you, that tells me either you have some major grade issues, or maybe you don't have alot of skill.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 06:40:34 PM by runswithscissors »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2009, 08:18:27 PM »
Maybe you should have paid a little more attention to my previous post. Rollison and Eguae were pointed out that they had been recruited by Luper and Chizik at their previous place of employment. I did not list them under the scrub school category. Joel Knight had some decent offers as well. I still doubt Rollison qualifies anyway, so he's kind of a moot point. There are a few that have a halfway decent list. But alot of them have scrub offers.

They still are coming to Auburn you fucktard.  You made a statement as if our players didn't have those offers.  Also, it's already been pointed out that Rollison is actually PROBABLY going to make it into school.  It's being reported by Rivals and Scout.  So in other words, you doubting him not making it is based on you not knowing shit, and NOT a moot point.   There are a few that have a halfway decent list, but the lists are decent, present and your representation was bullshit.   Also it's Joe KIGHT, not "Knight".   Also, it's not the 4th of February yet, which means by the time we're done, there might be even better lists.

You may now continue with your blowhard bullshit ways.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2009, 08:53:25 PM »
They still are coming to Auburn you fucktard.  You made a statement as if our players didn't have those offers.  Also, it's already been pointed out that Rollison is actually PROBABLY going to make it into school.  It's being reported by Rivals and Scout.  So in other words, you doubting him not making it is based on you not knowing shit, and NOT a moot point.   There are a few that have a halfway decent list, but the lists are decent, present and your representation was bullshit.   Also it's Joe KIGHT, not "Knight".   Also, it's not the 4th of February yet, which means by the time we're done, there might be even better lists.

You may now continue with your blowhard bullshit ways.

What he said.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2009, 09:01:05 PM »
That is the dumbest fucking argument ever. I guess you shouldn't be allowed to have an opinion on politics since you have never been in public office? You can't criticize anything the president does because you're not any better? Total bullshit argument. My simple point is if one school in the entire country offered you (Troy), just how good are you? One way to gauge a recruit's skill is how many offers and where these offers are from. If you have a guy who has offers from virtually every school in the country, that tells you a shitload of coaches has evaluated him and they think he's pretty good. When you have say 5 Div-II teams offering you, that tells me either you have some major grade issues, or maybe you don't have alot of skill.
Fuck You!

Signed,
Karlos Dansby
Dontarrious Thomas
Ronnie Brown
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions