Gottfried Fired According To Cecil Hurt

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
Gottfried Fired According To Cecil Hurt
« on: January 26, 2009, 03:20:15 PM »
Mark Gottfried fired
By Cecil Hurt, Sports Editor
Published: Monday, January 26, 2009 at 2:04 p.m.
Last Modified: Monday, January 26, 2009 at 2:04 p.m.
TUSCALOOSA | University of Alabama basketball coach Mark Gottfried will be relieved of his duties this week, ending a run of nearly 11 years as the Crimson Tide’s head basketball coach, sources have told The Tuscaloosa News.

Gottfried, 45, is not expected to coach the team in its remaining games. Although no announcement has been made concerning an interim coach, assistant coach Phillip Pearson is expected to take over the team until the end of the season.

Gottfried has two years remaining on a contract that is worth some $900,000 annually in terms of the University’s liability for buyout. In his 11 seasons, he is 210-131 overall and one game above the .500 mark, 83-82, in Southeastern Conference play. Including three years as the head coach at Murray State, Gottfried’s overall coaching record is 278-155.

He replaced David Hobbs as Alabama’s head coach in April of 1998. After a three-year rebuilding process, Gottfried took Alabama to the NCAA Tournament in 2002, beginning a streak of five consecutive NCAA Tournament appearances. The Crimson Tide’s best finish came in 2004 when UA advanced to the Elite Eight.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Gottfried Fired According To Cecil Hurt
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2009, 03:31:44 PM »
This has been a long time coming.  Amazed they let him go this far.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2009, 03:40:29 PM »
This has been a long time coming.  Amazed they let him go this far.

After the one and done incident it was all downhill.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

boartitz

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Ogre

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2009, 11:49:45 AM »
http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/MessageTopic.asp?p=11895116&Pg=1

If a guy like him can hit a big titty girl like that, then there's hope for all of us.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions