Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

More positive stuff on Willis......

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
More positive stuff on Willis......
« on: January 25, 2009, 02:07:39 PM »
I just heard that Willis has been calling almost all of the AU commitments and trying to talk them out of going to Auburn. He was not recruiting them to bama. He was just employing negative recruiting against Auburn University. I know the coaches spent part of Thursday and Friday trying to put out fires that were set by the bamer, James Willis.

Also, a read on Anthony Gulley is that it was rumored that he was going to commit to Auburn this past week.  But was told by Willis, in an inhome visit on Tuesday, that his offer from Auburn wasn't a solid one (one that he couldn't commit to).  Here is a quote from a family member of AG....*It's a long post, but a very interesting read*

As a family member, we are happy we have complete offer from AU. This week, has been the worse week for Anthony and his family. Coach Chizik and Coach Malzhan arrived at Brantley High School around 3PM yesterday (Friday), and spent a hour meeting with the family and reaffirming there committment to Anthony.

Anthony takes his final recuiting trip today and tomorrow, at Troy, and plans to make his final committment and sign next Wednesday at Brantley High School.

With that being said, as for our situation with Coach Willis, he was considered a friend of the family, it wasnt until this past Tuesday, that he almost ruined any chance of AU signing Anthony.

Coach Willis, mislead, Anthony, his parents, and Coach Lowery (Brantley HS Coach) and did not give them the proper information about the university's stance on his offer.

I recieved a phone call of Anthonys parents on Wednesday night, and both me and my father, decided to make a effort to contact AU directly, before they decided to write Auburn off.

Within, hours of Thursday morning, Coach Perry, Coach Chizik, Coach Trooper, and Coach Malzhan reasurred us of their committment to sign Anthony, and planned to visit him Friday afternoon.

AU Coaches kept their word, and did more than we had expected. Everyone, at AU, was helpful, and polite. But, the final decision will come down to Anthony.

The family has no ill feeling toward Coach Willis, but do not want Coach Willis to contact them, nor do they need to hear Coach Willis's explaination.

When we told the AU Coaches on Thursday morning, of what Coach Willis told our family, and had done to several other recuits. The AU Staff, was shocked and in disbelief, on what Coach Willis was doing. We actually felt bad for AU, as we believe that they are great coaches, but greater individuals.

BTW, Anthony will more likely be playing on offense, with Trooper Taylor as his WR's Coach and under Gus Malzhan's offense. Gus seems very excited to have Anthony, if he commits, as Anthony is likely hided gem in the South.

Anthony is a very good boy, with a diffcult childhood. He embodies the character that we want people to know in our family. If you ever see us with Anthony, you will understand what I mean. Anthony has had big dreams, but many setbacks in life, everyone in our family will do anything possible to see those dreams come true.

If anyone has any questions, I will be happy to answer them, but I will not engage in verbel warfare over schools, I can only answer what applies to us and how we were treated.

Anthony has narrowed his list down to 2 or 3 schools, and will make his final decision at Brantley High School on Wednesday. It will be a great day for Anthony, our family, Brantley High School, the coaches at Brantley, the students, and the whole town of Brantley, to see one of their own commit.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 02:09:20 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
Re: More positive stuff on Willis......
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2009, 02:35:17 PM »
I just heard that Willis has been calling almost all of the AU commitments and trying to talk them out of going to Auburn. He was not recruiting them to bama. He was just employing negative recruiting against Auburn University. I know the coaches spent part of Thursday and Friday trying to put out fires that were set by the bamer, James Willis.

Also, a read on Anthony Gulley is that it was rumored that he was going to commit to Auburn this past week.  But was told by Willis, in an inhome visit on Tuesday, that his offer from Auburn wasn't a solid one (one that he couldn't commit to).  Here is a quote from a family member of AG....*It's a long post, but a very interesting read*

i just heard that Lance Thompson has been calling Alabama commits to talk them out of going to Alabama. he wasn't trying to recruit them to UT, just trying to convince them not to go to Alabama. so, i guess we can get rid of all the "CNS is an ass for asking AJ and Trent not to visit UT", huh? i have actually seen that posted on Alabama boards that CLT was doing this and just sorta chalked it up to bullshit. but hey, if Willis can do it, then i suppose it isn't beyond Lance Thompson either.

also, you suggest all the time that kids have offers that aren't commitable offers. is it that hard to believe that was the situation with Gulley? he told Gulley that while he was still working for AU. why would he make himself look bad by coming up empty handed with this kid? now all the sudden Chizik says oh you have a full ride offer, blah blah blah. Willis and the new staff did not mix well, and it wouldn't surprise me if the new staff isn't trying their best to make this look really bad. "The AU Staff, was shocked and in disbelief, on what Coach Willis was doing." please.....so Willis was a reliable and trustworthy recruiter all these years and all of a sudden he's a villian and was doing all of these kids wrong, just so he can get the rap of being a horrible person. it sounds like a stretch. this kid had 1 offer......from Troy. he was interested in Alabama St., Southern Miss, Jacksonville St. and UAB but didn't get offers from them, only Troy. why is AU all of a sudden falling all over themselves for this kid now that Willis is gone?
« Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 02:51:49 PM by runswithscissors »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2009, 03:25:00 PM »
willis is right where he belongs. Smack dab in the middle of the turd nation with prick saban.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2009, 04:01:07 PM »
Something's obviously up with James Willis.  I know there's been a resurgence of support for him lately.  I know a lot of people are playing the sympathy card with him.  Hell, maybe everything that AU did to him was shitty, but what he's doing is ridiculous.  He's not only going to work hard for Bama; he's going to work hard at ruining Auburn's program.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2009, 04:27:42 PM »
I haven't seen a resurgence and he is a dead fuckhead to me. You just don't do what he did. No excuse I have seen for his behavior comes remotely close to explaining his behavior.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2009, 10:30:20 PM »
RWS, this thread is about James Willis and his antics.  It has absolutely shit to do with Thompson or Saban or Trent Richardson or Tennessee or anybody except James Willis and Anthony Gulley.  Stop interjecting your bullshit take in every thread.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

RWS

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2009, 10:56:56 PM »
RWS, this thread is about James Willis and his antics.  It has absolutely shit to do with Thompson or Saban or Trent Richardson or Tennessee or anybody except James Willis and Anthony Gulley.  Stop interjecting your bullshit take in every thread.
the first part of my post was to pretty much give him something to compare with what he was saying. you guys have no problem saying Willis is negative recruiting and all this other bullshit, but then totally dismiss that somebody else could be doing it against Alabama so you can villify CNS. i was simply pointing out the irony in the two situations is all. the second part was totally about Willis and Gulley, so you don't really have much of an argument on that part.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2009, 11:13:20 PM »
the first part of my post was to pretty much give him something to compare with what he was saying. you guys have no problem saying Willis is negative recruiting and all this other bullshit, but then totally dismiss that somebody else could be doing it against Alabama so you can villify CNS. i was simply pointing out the irony in the two situations is all. the second part was totally about Willis and Gulley, so you don't really have much of an argument on that part.

SHUT THE FUCK UP. 

Seriously. 

This has nothing to do with some logical, judicial bullshit.  "Thompson's doing it to us and whine whine bitch moan you're all hypocrits.!.!.!" 

It has nothing to do with that shit.  It's about loyalty to a school that is largely responsible for a particular guy's success.  Auburn gave James Willis a scholarship to play football.  Auburn gave James Willis the opportunity to get a college education.  Auburn gave James Willis a chance to kickstart his coaching career.  Now, no matter what the fucking reason is, James Willis is negatively recruiting and being a total bastard against Auburn.  Fuck him and his newly found Iscariot family. 

Do you get that, RWS?  It has nothing to do with Lance Thompson or what he may or may not be doing at Tennessee.  Is that clear enough?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2009, 11:32:52 PM »
SHUT THE FUCK UP. 

Seriously. 

This has nothing to do with some logical, judicial bullshit.  "Thompson's doing it to us and whine whine bitch moan you're all hypocrits.!.!.!" 

It has nothing to do with that shit.  It's about loyalty to a school that is largely responsible for a particular guy's success.  Auburn gave James Willis a scholarship to play football.  Auburn gave James Willis the opportunity to get a college education.  Auburn gave James Willis a chance to kickstart his coaching career.  Now, no matter what the fucking reason is, James Willis is negatively recruiting and being a total bastard against Auburn.  Fuck him and his newly found Iscariot family. 

Do you get that, RWS?  It has nothing to do with Lance Thompson or what he may or may not be doing at Tennessee.  Is that clear enough?
are you done shitting your pants yet?

i know what the thread is about, its about bashing Willis. its about you guys being pissed off that he is supposedly recruiting negatively. i simply pointed out the hypocrisy in you guys being so pissed off about it, but then bashing the shit out of somebody else for trying to prevent it. personally i think the whole negative recruiting thing on both sides is bullshit, but whatever. talking about Gulley though, i would still like to know what is so fucking special about this kid that the only offer he could get was from Troy and now all of the sudden AU is falling all over themselves to give him a full ride. i don't think its so hard to believe that this kid didn't have a full offer from AU. i mean, seriously man. only Troy? you don't think thats a little weird? you think there is absolutely no way AU wanted to see what they were going to get on NSD and then decide if they would give him a full ride or not?
« Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 11:35:00 PM by runswithscissors »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2009, 11:38:31 PM »
are you done shitting your pants yet?

i know what the thread is about, its about bashing Willis. its about you guys being pissed off that he is supposedly recruiting negatively. i simply pointed out the hypocrisy in you guys being so pissed off about it, but then bashing the shit out of somebody else for trying to prevent it. personally i think the whole negative recruiting thing on both sides is bullshit, but whatever. talking about Gulley though, i would still like to know what is so fucking special about this kid that the only offer he could get was from Troy and now all of the sudden AU is falling all over themselves to give him a full ride. i don't think its so hard to believe that this kid didn't have a full offer from AU. i mean, seriously man. only Troy? you don't think thats a little weird? you think there is absolutely no way AU wanted to see what they were going to get on NSD and then decide if they would give him a full ride or not?

You know, when I clicked on this thread, I thought to myself, "RWS will probably post something moronic and pointless, so I probably shouldn't waste my time."  So, I didn't read your comment.  Sorry. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2009, 11:40:32 PM »
You know, when I clicked on this thread, I thought to myself, "RWS will probably post something moronic and pointless, so I probably shouldn't waste my time."  So, I didn't read your comment.  Sorry. 
you guys sure don't like answering the hard questions, do you? so, why is AU falling all over a kid who could only manage an offer from Troy? why is it so illogical that they were going to wait and see what was going to happen and then make a decision? is it that hard to believe that they were going to do so, then when Willis left it gave the new staff, who did not like Willis, and opportunity to fuck with his image and tell the family "oh, thats horrible. we told him you had a full offer and we really want you here, i don't know why he would tell you otherwise."? you people were bitching that this is about Gulley and Willis, well thats what i'm talking about right now. but apply a little logic to it, and nobody wants to talk about it then.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 11:44:53 PM by runswithscissors »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2009, 11:50:25 PM »
you guys sure don't like answering the hard questions, do you? so, why is AU falling all over a kid who could only manage an offer from Troy? why is it so illogical that they were going to wait and see what was going to happen and then make a decision? is it that hard to believe that they were going to do so, then when Willis left it gave the new staff, who did not like Willis, and opportunity to fuck with his image and tell the family "oh, thats horrible. we told him you had a full offer and we really want you here, i don't know why he would tell you otherwise."?

I really didn't read your first comment, so I don't know what the hard question was. 

You're still missing it.  There are first hand reports of James Willis taking a shit on Auburn.  1.  He bolted for Alabama.  2.  Anthony Gulley's story. 

Your hypothetical ejaculation of what COULD have happened with James Willis, Gene Chizik, and Anthony Gulley is moot. 

Let me make this clear one more time.  THIS_____THREAD____HAS_____NOTHING____TO____DO____WITH___AUBURN'S INTEREST___IN____ANTHONY GULLEY. 

It's about James Willis being an asshole.  You're trying to point out that we might not want Anthony Gulley anyway.  You're trying to point out that we bash Saban for the Lance Thompson ordeal, but we rip on Willis for doing the same thing.  I'm trying to give you a hand; it has nothing to do with anything like that.  If Lance Thompson strapped on the Crimson and White and helped Alabama win football games, then you might understand what this thread is about. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2009, 11:57:54 PM »
I really didn't read your first comment, so I don't know what the hard question was. 

You're still missing it.  There are first hand reports of James Willis taking a shit on Auburn.  1.  He bolted for Alabama.  2.  Anthony Gulley's story. 

Your hypothetical ejaculation of what COULD have happened with James Willis, Gene Chizik, and Anthony Gulley is moot. 

Let me make this clear one more time.  THIS_____THREAD____HAS_____NOTHING____TO____DO____WITH___AUBURN'S INTEREST___IN____ANTHONY GULLEY. 

It's about James Willis being an asshole.  You're trying to point out that we might not want Anthony Gulley anyway.  You're trying to point out that we bash Saban for the Lance Thompson ordeal, but we rip on Willis for doing the same thing.  I'm trying to give you a hand; it has nothing to do with anything like that.  If Lance Thompson strapped on the Crimson and White and helped Alabama win football games, then you might understand what this thread is about. 
the post that Prowler posted is Gulley's family talking about his offer from AU and that Willis had said it wasn't a commitable offer and Chizik saying that it was. i don't know what other "stance" the university could have on his offer. how the fuck does that not have anything to do with AU's interest in him? that is the heart of the fucking matter, who is telling the truth? was Willis really a asshole and led them on, or is Chizik feeding the family a bunch of bullshit to make Willis look bad? your deal is either you didn't read the message board post that Prowler posted, or you just automatically assume everything they say is absolutely correct. this thread was started by basically saying Willis lied about the level of AU's interest in Gulley.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 12:00:49 AM by runswithscissors »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2009, 01:04:42 AM »
Where did the original post come from? 

Can its source be authenticated?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

RWS

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2009, 09:17:30 AM »

i was thinking about registering a new account on an AU board and posting a whole bunch of bullshit about Chizik and his dirty tricks, saying that i am a cousin of a recruit. hell, it would be just as credible as that message board post.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JohnDeere

• Pledge
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2009, 09:39:16 AM »
i am a cousin of a recruit. hell, it would be just as credible as that message board post.

Lock this thread down, bitch......the crutin' expert from LA has spoken.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2009, 06:05:35 PM »

*Another Long Read*

This is from another board:

Hello, I am Steven Wallace, Anthony Gulley's Counsin, I am the one who released the post that some Auburn fans were kindly enough to bring attention too. Thank You. Here is a follow-up post I made at Auburnsports.com a few minutes ago. Hopefully, this will help.

I talked to my Aunt and Uncle, about letting this information out, and they want it out. As a matter of fact, what I posted here, I sent emails too the talk radio stations, newspaper, and TV Media.

I am timid, in explaining exactly how my family explained it, and how they feel about the whole situation, and how they feel about Coach Willis.

I do not know exactly what he told other recuits, but Anthony said he said something simliar to another recuit who is a LB somewhere that Anthony knew and was probaly going to AU. Maybe the kid is, I honestly dont know, and Anthony wasnt for sure either.

What I do know is, Coach Willis, COMPLETELY MISINFORMED, ANTHONY AND HIS PARENTS, of Auburn's offer. Anthony does have to take his ACT again, he is only two points shy of passing, and will graduate with a 3.0 GPA. This WILL NOT BE A PROBLEM.

My family feels without a doubt, that Coach Willis, wanted to cause a division between them, and the coaching staff at Auburn, and what Coach Willis relayed, caused hard feeling between them and AU.

Coach Willis relayed this information to the Brantley Head Coach, and he immediately got in contact with Anthony and his parents. All this happened on Tuesday, and then Wednesday, Coach Willis is gone to UA.

And understand this, my Aunt and Uncle, dont check the latest websites and message boards, and neither does Anthony. My uncle owns a logging company and my aunt works at Brantley High School. But, dont think your gonna play them for fools, cause they are not.

And thats how my Uncle feels they were being played on Wednesday. Thats where me and my Dad come in. I was walking to class on Wednesday at AUM when my Uncle called and said they needed some help in finding out what is really going on.

BTW, I am not a 18 yr old kid, I am 37 married with 2 kids, I know, I waited along time to go back to college. (LOL)

My uncle wanted to know two things. One, if what Coach Willis said was true, and 2nd, if it was, why would they (AU Staff) waste their time with a official visit. That was all.

IF my Aunt and Uncle didnt contact us, they would have assumed that what Coach Willis said was true, and they wouldnt have anything else to do with AU.

I do know this, from the time we called Coach Perry at Auburn, and Coach Chizik, everyone was just as polite and nice to us, and was trying to get down to the bottom of what was going on.

Even when my Dad told the AU Staff, that someone is lying to my nephew, and I am going to find out who, the AU Staff returned every phone on time, and went out of there way to "get things straight."

We have no idea what got into Coach Willis those last few days before he left AU, nor exactly what he was trying to do to Anthony or any other recuits.

Anthony and his parents are very pleased with the Auburn Coaching Staff and everyone in that department. Coach Perry, Coach Chizik, Coach Malzhan, are ALL class acts.

After we hung up the phone with the AU Staff and settled everything, my Dad said, they didnt say a single negative word about Coach Willis and him leaving AU the way he did. They just wanted to handle issues with integrity.

Look, my Dad is a Florida State Alum, and I was raised a Seminole. After this, helping Anthony with his recuitment process, no matter where he goes, OUR FAMILY, Thats ALL of US, have the upmost respect for AU and the Coach Chizik Staff.

Like me and my Dad discussed at work, there is more to life than football, even though some disagree. You have to teach kids a sense of MORALS, to have CHARACTER, and RESPONSIABITY. Your Word, is Your Word, and if you make a promise, make good on it.

And here's something else you guys dont know. My Aunt and Uncle are white, and Anthony is Afican-American. He's adopted, and you know what, I treat him just like any of my blood cousin's. He's family. To All of Us.

Anthony has been though alot of disappointments in his life and setbacks, and to be lied too, and have his dreams ripped apart by someone he looked up too, just cause that coach is in in-state recuiting wars, is NOT RIGHT.

I wish someone in the media, would go to Brantley and take a look at my Aunt and Uncle, and Anthony. I want them to see what he had to endure to get where he is at now, and I want people too see how my Aunt and Uncle, the most loving god-fearing people you ever met, they do not care, where your from, or what color your skin is.

And add to the fact, that we live in the south, but, in a very small southern community where some PPL, will not change, and make judgements about you without even knowing you.

I cant wait for Wednesday. Cause we will all be proud of Anthony, no matter where he goes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2009, 08:30:23 PM »
 :bs:

Ridiculous
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.