Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Tyrik Rollison

Tyrik Rollison
« on: January 22, 2009, 09:12:18 PM »
is another late addition to this weekends visit list.   He lists Auburn and Kansas State as his top 2. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
Re: Tyrik Rollison
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2009, 11:02:12 PM »
is another late addition to this weekends visit list.   He lists Auburn and Kansas State as his top 2. 

I saw that. This kid can play. This would be a big pick up and we have a really legit shot at landing him...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2009, 11:24:10 PM »
I saw that. This kid can will play in junior college. This would be a big pick up in two years, and we might have a really legit shot at landing him if we don't suck horribly.

FTFY
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2009, 10:19:02 AM »
I had not heard that? Is he for sure not going to qualify?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2009, 10:21:59 AM »
Let's just say he's got some work to do.  His over-all grades are okay, but his ACT was a 14! We'll just have to see on this one....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2009, 10:35:49 AM »
14? I don't believe I'd a told that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2009, 10:41:48 AM »
Let's just say he's got some work to do.  His over-all grades are okay, but his ACT was a 14! We'll just have to see on this one....

Wonder if he has an LD that makes standardized test hard on him?  If his over all grades are ok but he made a 14, I would say either his schedule load is easy or he very possibly could have an LD that hasn't been diagnosed.

EDIT:  Not that I am making an excuse for the kid, I am actually curious if that is the case.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 10:42:35 AM by AUTiger1 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2009, 06:53:59 PM »
From what I've heard is that Tyrik has only taken the ACT once...and, if what I've heard is correct, he took it last year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2009, 07:18:35 PM »
Don't you get like 10 points just for signing your name correctly?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2009, 11:58:18 AM »
With some edumacating he could raise his act score. They only have to have like an 18 or 19 don't they? Don't know if he will have another shot at it that would make him eligible for next year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2009, 11:16:33 AM »
On the DandB show, some guy from scout said that he has been improving his grades, and that he'd only taken the ACT once.  He said that he thought he would be like the WR that signed with SoMiss last year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2009, 12:38:01 PM »
Rumor is, Tyrik is now a silent commitment to Auburn....If true, That's Awesome.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2009, 03:26:15 PM »
There is an lsu fan and some other AU folks on a board that shall rmain nameless here saying that benton looks as though he is headed for AU at the moment.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2009, 01:11:44 AM »
Rumor is, Tyrik is now a silent commitment to Auburn....If true, That's Awesome.
He has commited to Auburn on his Facebook page, I'll wait until rivals reports before I get :gig:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2009, 05:04:26 AM »

Why?  If he's not going to get in why do you use up a scholarship spot?  That's always seemed goofy to me.  If it was binding when they get out of juco maybe, but it's just a waste before.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2009, 07:24:24 AM »
Why?  If he's not going to get in why do you use up a scholarship spot?  That's always seemed goofy to me.  If it was binding when they get out of juco maybe, but it's just a waste before.

I think it seems debatable whether he heads to JUCO or not. 

Someone correct me if I am wrong but if he goes to JUCO after you have offered the scholarship, we do not actually lose that scholarship.  It is more of a sign of good faith on both sides for later down the road when they become eligible and scholarship  that was offered to him can actually be given to someone else.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 07:47:31 AM by Saniflush »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2009, 08:55:59 AM »
He has commited to Auburn on his Facebook page, I'll wait until rivals reports before I get :gig:
Hell...that was good enough for ABC 33/40.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2009, 08:56:26 AM »
I think it seems debatable whether he heads to JUCO or not. 

Someone correct me if I am wrong but if he goes to JUCO after you have offered the scholarship, we do not actually lose that scholarship.  It is more of a sign of good faith on both sides for later down the road when they become eligible and scholarship  that was offered to him can actually be given to someone else.
This is correct.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2009, 10:01:12 AM »

There is not a scholarship actually being used until he gets in school. If he never actually enrolls into Auburn, he never actually counts.

Good pick up from this guy. Maybe we can get him in, but if not, maybe this will at least start momentum rolling for some other bg recruits...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2009, 01:50:55 PM »

I saw this too.

http://auburnbybeaver.blogspot.com/2009/01/facebook-tyrik-rollison-is-going-to-be.html
Sunday, January 25, 2009
Facebook: "Tyrik Rollison is going to be an Auburn Tiger!!!"

Number two overall dual threat quarterback in the nation, Tyrik Rollison, is heading to the Plains, according to his Facebook page. While I find it very creepy to look on players' pages, it was necessary. Rollison updated his status recently to make it say, "Tyrik Rollison is going to be an Auburn Tiger!!" or something to that effect.

To the right is his current Facebook picture. I think it says enough. The quarterback is currently in Auburn, still on his official visit. A member of another board posted that he saw Rollison and Coach Luper out to eat tonight and said "War Eagle" to him, and Rollison returned the message.

The only question now is whether or not Rollison will make grades. Rivals lists him as being the second most accurate quarterback in the nation.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 01:51:49 PM by Chizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions