Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Why Should Auburn Fans Be Excited...

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Why Should Auburn Fans Be Excited...
« on: March 26, 2024, 09:28:00 AM »
about the 2025 recruiting class?  Nice piece from si.com/auburn

Why should Auburn football fans be excited about the Tigers' recruiting class?

Here are four reasons to consider when evaluating the Auburn recruiting class, beginning with filling needs.

1) Auburn is bringing in talented defensive tackle recruits.

According to Rivals, Jourdin Crawford and Malik Autry are 4-star recruits. Both hail from inside the state of Alabama and are coveted by numerous SEC programs.

Each of Crawford and Autry can be anchors in the middle of the defense that demand double teams as well as make plays in the backfield. Plus, both of them are already college size. Crawford is 6-foot-1 and 305, while Autry is 6-foot-6 and 320 pounds.

2) Offensive lines woes are beginning to fade away.

The Tigers need at least four quality offensive linemen. This class already possesses three offensive line verbal commitments – Tavaris Dice, Spencer Dowland, and Tai Buster – and it's only March 25.

Further, it's a versatile offensive line group. Dice and Dowland could play tackle or guard. Buster is capable of playing guard or center in college, and he's accustomed to playing left tackle for his high school as well.

3) Auburn needs to get bigger and the Tigers are meeting that need.

To Compete in the SEC, the Tigers must gain more size. That's what Hugh Freeze and his staff are making a concerted effort to add height, length, and weight to the roster while not going away from athleticism.

Each of Auburn's tight end recruits is at least 6-foot-5 and 230 pounds. The offensive and defensive lines are adding mass to go along with their talents, and edge defender Jakaleb Faulk is a lengthy pass rusher and already at 6-foot-4 and 225 pounds.

4) Auburn is going after elite recruits.

Adding size is one thing, landing truly elite prospects is another. While it could be a long while before several of the Tigers' top recruiting targets come to a final college decision, several prime targets are strongly considering coming to the Plains.

KJ Lacey (QB), Julian "Ju Ju" Lewis (QB), Alvin Henderson (RB), Akylin Dear (RB), Zion Grady (DE) Eric Winters (S/LB), Micah DeBose (OT), Jared Smith (DE), Anquon Fegans (S), Husan Longstreet (QB), Justus Terry (DL), Josh Petty (OL), Dontrell Glover (OL), and CJ Wiley (WR) are some of the big-time prospects still considering the Tigers.

Overall, Auburn's 2025 recruiting class is one to watch. It should finish inside the nation's top 10 and could finish in the top five.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

jmar

Re: Why Should Auburn Fans Be Excited...
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2024, 07:33:55 AM »
This could get some of us all lathered up by next February.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2024, 04:12:50 PM »
This could get some of us all lathered up by next February.
It could assuming someone read his posts.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2024, 02:33:15 PM »
Carde Smith.  6'6" 300 4* O-lineman out of Williamson H.S. in Mobile commits.

That's 10 commits for 2025 and 4 of those are O-linemen.  Someone "gets" it.

Plus, how nice is it to be doing the opposite of the way recruiting has gone for so many years?  We'll probably have a huge portion of our class committed by the time the real recruiting season ramps up.  Early commits hasn't been a priority in years past.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2024, 03:12:59 PM »
Carde Smith.  6'6" 300 4* O-lineman out of Williamson H.S. in Mobile commits.

That's 10 commits for 2025 and 4 of those are O-linemen.  Someone "gets" it.

Plus, how nice is it to be doing the opposite of the way recruiting has gone for so many years?  We'll probably have a huge portion of our class committed by the time the real recruiting season ramps up.  Early commits hasn't been a priority in years past.

We haven't recruited linemen like this in a good while. Especially OT, which is a position Gus eliminated apparently.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE