Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

We gots a new QB commit

Ogre

We gots a new QB commit
« on: December 17, 2007, 08:48:42 AM »
Chris Todd, QB at Hutchinson Community College in BFE, Kansas, has committed to Auburn.  He was a commit to Tony Franklin at Troy, and TF decided to bring him to Auburn.  He took his official visit over the weekend.  Before going to HCC, he was at Texas Tech for two years.  Should be an interesting QB race in the spring.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
Re: We gots a new QB commit
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2007, 02:43:51 PM »
Chris Todd, QB at Hutchinson Community College in BFE, Kansas, has committed to Auburn.  He was a commit to Tony Franklin at Troy, and TF decided to bring him to Auburn.  He took his official visit over the weekend.  Before going to HCC, he was at Texas Tech for two years.  Should be an interesting QB race in the spring.
I hope he can come in and start.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2007, 02:50:12 PM »
I know we had the kid from Briarwood in B'ham.  I also see that our commitment from Carver, Columbus Deron Furr won himself a state championship.  Good things ahead from the QB position.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Jumbo

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2007, 03:16:39 PM »
I know we had the kid from Briarwood in B'ham.  I also see that our commitment from Carver, Columbus Deron Furr won himself a state championship.  Good things ahead from the QB position.
We are loaded at the Qb position, do you think tubbs will keep all  7 quarterbacks?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2007, 03:23:13 PM »
We are loaded at the Qb position, do you think tubbs will keep all  7 quarterbacks?

I think Deron actually projects at another position but you gotta like a kid who is used to handling the ball.  In all the fury over Kodi everyone also keeps forgetting that Neil Caudle is not exactly chopped liver.  As I think brad said.  Spring should be VERY interesting!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

aunuma1

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2007, 12:35:27 AM »
With the offense that Franklin plans to install, whoever we're playing at QB will be able to run.  The days of recruiting the concrete footed QB's (Cox) are over.  I really think Burns will thrive in Franklin's O...I think he's got decent skills throwing and running.  Caudle is going to have to put on monster weight if he's ever going to do anything...kid is injury prone at best right now.  Not sure about this kid from Texas Tech...
« Last Edit: December 21, 2007, 12:38:46 AM by aunuma1 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Ogre

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2007, 09:00:38 AM »
With the offense that Franklin plans to install, whoever we're playing at QB will be able to run.  The days of recruiting the concrete footed QB's (Cox) are over.  I really think Burns will thrive in Franklin's O...I think he's got decent skills throwing and running.  Caudle is going to have to put on monster weight if he's ever going to do anything...kid is injury prone at best right now.  Not sure about this kid from Texas Tech...

I agree with you on Burns, he just seems like the prototypical QB for Franklin's system. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2007, 10:26:29 AM »
Yeah, I almost wish he'd redshirted this past year.  Kind of a waste the first year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2007, 12:13:21 PM »
Yeah, I almost wish he'd redshirted this past year.  Kind of a waste the first year.

Bingo, we have a winner!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2007, 04:51:52 AM »
Bingo, we have a winner!
I agree 100 percent
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2007, 12:32:20 AM »
i just wonder if caudle doesn't just say fuck it and transfer. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau

• Judicial Chair
  • On a gravy train with biscuit wheels.
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2007, 05:26:22 PM »
Caudle is going to have to put on monster weight if he's ever going to do anything...kid is injury prone at best right now. 

Has he had any problems other than the knees?  Cuz it's my understanding that, once repaired, the knees are stronger than ever.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Life can really kick your ass.  I only have a vague recollection of when it wasn't kickin' mine.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2007, 08:48:38 AM »
Has he had any problems other than the knees?  Cuz it's my understanding that, once repaired, the knees are stronger than ever.
That's what Dr. Lemak says.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Ogre

« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2007, 12:06:00 PM »
I don't know what to think about Caudle.  I think it's safe to assume there will be some attrition at the QB position in the coming year.  I wouldn't be surprised at all to see one or two QB's transfer, with Caudle being the most likely if he doensn't make the 2 or 3 deep next year.  JMHO.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions