Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

#1 WR Rueben Randle To Visit...

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: #1 WR Rueben Randle To Visit...
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2009, 05:16:28 PM »
:thumbsup:

Actually it was said also that Randle could have made it this weekend, but his father couldn't so AUBURN told him, it would be better for his father to be there and to reschedule.  That went over very positively with the Randle household.  He WILL reschedule.

Or not. 

http://blog.al.com/segrest/2009/01/rueben_randles_dad_no_visit_to.html
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2009, 05:26:35 PM »
That's Doug Segrest for ya....first he tells Clint Moseley's father that Auburn offered a full scholarship to the Daphne QB, getting Moseley's father pissed at Auburn, eventhough Auburn isn't offering a scholarship to the Daphne QB.  Now this, there's a good chance that Segrest is making this up just to publish something.  What will the bammers try next.....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2009, 05:34:41 PM »
That's Doug Segrest for ya....first he tells Clint Moseley's father that Auburn offered a full scholarship to the Daphne QB, getting Moseley's father pissed at Auburn, eventhough Auburn isn't offering a scholarship to the Daphne QB.  Now this, there's a good chance that Segrest is making this up just to publish something.  What will the bammers try next.....

Yeah.  It's a media conspiracy. 

Neither Moseley or the kid at Daphne will get an SEC offer other than Auburn.  If they want to walk away and go to Tiddly Winks U, so what?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2009, 06:04:59 PM »
Yeah.  It's a media conspiracy. 

Neither Moseley or the kid at Daphne will get an SEC offer other than Auburn.  If they want to walk away and go to Tiddly Winks U, so what?

I'm thinking it is seriously media conspiracy. 

January 13, 2009 - Auburn screws nice-guy Chaz Ramsey; Auburn won't offer Mosely, so father bad-mouths AU; Rueben Randle was never interested in AU according to his father; Kevin Steele absolutely loves Alabama but just wanted to spread Saban's ingenius defense; Kerry Murphy, from dumbass to college. 

WOW...lost of fairness in these articles.  Where were the articles that investigated Prothro's infection and how the team fucked him over?  Why leave out the fact that Randle scheduled a visit to AU, but his father couldn't get off of work.  Now, his father is emphatically stating that Randle is "not really" interested in AU.  He's visiting Bama and LSU and Miami.  You know, the schools that guaranteed him money if he convinces his son to sign there.  FISH I SMELL. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2009, 06:59:34 PM »
Segrest's article has been "edited".  Also, it has been reported on rivals that the Daphne QB was NOT offered a scholarship.   It was a grayshirt that was offered.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2009, 09:25:28 PM by AuburnChopper1 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2009, 09:02:51 PM »
TIFWIW....the word on the skreet, now, is that Coach $ told Rueben's father that he would pull his son's scholarship if he decided to visit Auburn.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2009, 10:44:13 PM »
TIFWIW....the word on the skreet, now, is that Coach $ told Rueben's father that he would pull his son's scholarship if he decided to visit Auburn.

Is that the PLOI skreet or the grade changing skreet?  Or is this a totally new skreet?

Think about this for a second.  The #1 player in the country who can go to any school he wants is going to listen to threats from one school in Alabama?  Rueben Randle can call Urban Meyer right now and commit, but he's going to listen to the midget with devil horns threaten his scholarship?  Unless it's been Randle's dream to attend Bama, he has no reason to negotiate with Saban the Terrorist. 

It's a baseless rumor. 

However, I will listen up for the rumors about why his dad has been adamently against Randle visiting Auburn.  Smells fishy - like, you get money if your kid goes here fishy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2009, 12:28:00 AM »
However, I will listen up for the rumors about why his dad has been adamently against Randle visiting Auburn.  Smells fishy - like, you get money if your kid goes here fishy.
That might be what's really going on.  "If your son visits Auburn, you won't be getting _______ or X amount of $$$."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2009, 01:10:44 PM »
That might be what's really going on.  "If your son visits Auburn, you won't be getting _______ or X amount of $$$."
hey, whatever makes you sleep better at night. CNS has openly encouraged kids to take their visit and the kids openly admit in interviews that he encourages them to take all of the visits that they can and enjoy the recruiting process. this thread is turning borderline pathetic. like THS said, the kid could go anywhere in the country he wanted. he will more than likely go to LSU for that matter. but all of a sudden big bad CNS is telling him where he can and cannot visit. i guess the spin on it is that CNS doesn't want CGC getting ahold of him because he's a recruiting machine and will snatch him away from Alabama or something. otherwise i can't imagine why the rumor would be started in the first place. whatever makes you guys feel better though.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 01:16:12 PM by runswithscissors »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Tiger Six

« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2009, 01:29:43 PM »
And that, ladies and gentlemen is one. magic. scholarship. offer.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2009, 01:42:35 PM »
CNS has openly encouraged kids to take their visit and the kids openly admit in interviews that he encourages them to take all of the visits that they can and enjoy the recruiting process.
And that is exactly why the phrase "you look...we'll look" was coined in regard to Dinky.
Too bad about Randle though...I was all ready to start referring to him as Teh Whoolio. :taunt:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2009, 01:45:26 PM »
And that is exactly why the phrase "you look...we'll look" was coined in regard to Dinky.
Too bad about Randle though...I was all ready to start referring to him as Teh Whoolio. :taunt:
the "you shop, we shop" was the phrase he used when he was first hired when asked what he would do about any guys currently on the team looking to transfer or any commits looking to decommit because of his hiring. i know you guys love to throw that phrase up there, its just a shame you have conveniently forgotten its context. in regards to visits, it would be outrageous to expect kids to not take visits during their recruitment.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 01:46:33 PM by runswithscissors »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

JohnDeere

• Pledge
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2009, 02:13:45 PM »
the "you shop, we shop" was the phrase he used when he was first hired when asked what he would do about any guys currently on the team looking to transfer or any commits looking to decommit because of his hiring. i know you guys love to throw that phrase up there, its just a shame you have conveniently forgotten its context. in regards to visits, it would be outrageous to expect kids to not take visits during their recruitment.
The LA recruitn' guru has spoken.....STFU bitches and lock this thread down.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2009, 01:58:52 AM »

I think you're going to have to prove that.  My memory says you're wrong about the timing and context. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2009, 09:04:15 AM »
It had nothing at all to do with guys who were currently on the team, and everything to do with the guys who had previously committed to the Shula regime.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2009, 03:10:51 PM »
I don't know his source, but jumbo just texted me that Randle will visit Auburn on Jan. 30.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2009, 03:15:19 PM »
Our local sports talk guy said that this morning too.  They need to have about 5 hot ass babes ready to cater to his every whim.....IF you know what I mean.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2009, 03:19:08 PM »
Just don't feed him spinach dip.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2009, 04:57:18 PM »
Just don't feed him spinach dip.

What chu talkin' bout Willie Williams?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2009, 06:04:15 PM »
I'm not so sure that Rueben will be at Auburn on the 30th.  He's visiting LSU this weekend, I would be surprised if "the hat" didn't try to tighten the vise on landing RR this weekend....that would mean, no more visits.  I'm just happy that the new coaching staff talked to him, I'd be even happier if the coaching staff is actually able to get him to come in for an Official.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions