Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

#1 WR Rueben Randle To Visit...

#1 WR Rueben Randle To Visit...
« on: January 07, 2009, 11:47:04 PM »
Auburn this weekend.  After a visit from Luper today, Randle has dropped OSU's visit, and will now visit Auburn this weekend, along with LaVoyd James and Terrance Coleman.

:thumbsup:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: #1 WR Rueben Randle To Visit...
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2009, 11:56:32 PM »
Holy shit. 

Wow. 

I'm all like "WTF?" 

This is Auburn.  We don't get attention from #1 prospects in the state let alone the entire damn country.  I know we don't really have a shot in hell, but I'm still thoroughly impressed that we're getting these guys to visit. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2009, 01:18:27 AM »
Holy shit. 

Wow. 

I'm all like "WTF?" 

This is Auburn.  We don't get attention from #1 prospects in the state let alone the entire damn country.  I know we don't really have a shot in hell, but I'm still thoroughly impressed that we're getting these guys to visit. 
Chizic was the worst hire ever! :clap:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2009, 10:39:21 AM »
Holy shit. 

Wow. 

I'm all like "WTF?" 

I thought the same thing when I heard that we were going to go after Tyrik Rollison and Bryce Brown.  Speaking of which Coach Luper will be stopping by to see Bryce Brown today.   :thumbsup:

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2009, 10:40:22 AM »
Don't these guys understand that none of these prospects fit the Auburn mold?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2009, 12:19:56 PM »
he's going to LSU, but its still fun to see you guys get all excited. not a bad job pulling a visit from him, though.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2009, 12:28:30 PM »
he's going to LSU, but its still fun to see you guys get all excited. not a bad job pulling a visit from him, though.

And you talked to him when???  These guys are decommitting left and right.  I don't know squat about this kid or what his mindset is, but what's to prevent him from coming in here and falling in love with the place and/or seeing the opportunityt to be the man right away?   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2009, 12:36:38 PM »
And you talked to him when???     

Don't you know?  RWS is required to blow the #1 rated receiver in the country every year.  It started with Whoolio.  If RWS had known they were going to fall madly and passionately in love and go gang banging (in both possible meanings of the term) every weekend together he probably wouldn't have signed on to be the national puffer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2009, 12:38:22 PM »
And you talked to him when???  These guys are decommitting left and right.  I don't know squat about this kid or what his mindset is, but what's to prevent him from coming in here and falling in love with the place and/or seeing the opportunityt to be the man right away?   
its not a HUGE secret, according to him LSU and Alabama are pretty much at the top of his list. personally i didn't think we had that much of a shot at him to begin with, i just don't think he will go out of state. its not a knock to AU, he's just one of those that would be a miracle for anybody to pull out of LA. it would be a miracle if he went to Alabama or AU.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 12:39:29 PM by runswithscissors »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

JohnDeere

• Pledge
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2009, 12:55:23 PM »
its not a HUGE secret, according to him LSU and Alabama are pretty much at the top of his list. personally i didn't think we had that much of a shot at him to begin with, i just don't think he will go out of state. its not a knock to AU, he's just one of those that would be a miracle for anybody to pull out of LA. it would be a miracle if he went to Alabama or AU.

Runswithscissors

Lower Alabama's #1 cruit'n prognosticator.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2009, 02:15:03 PM »
Reporting on scout that Randle is no longer on the visit list for this weekend.  Maybe we don't have enough money.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2009, 02:29:16 PM »
Rws is Farva! He's the the inside source we all teabag!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2009, 05:41:13 PM »
Randle's dad isn't sure about the visit.  His head coach confirmed it with Rivals.

Also, RWS is right.  The kid is LSU bound unless we do some serious cruitin'.  However, it did get Auburn in the recruiting papers and kids will notice that top prospects visit Auburn. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2009, 06:51:42 PM »
Randle's dad isn't sure about the visit.  His head coach confirmed it with Rivals.

Also, RWS is right.  The kid is LSU bound unless we do some serious cruitin'.  However, it did get Auburn in the recruiting papers and kids will notice that top prospects visit Auburn. 

We JUST got the visit confirmed LAST NIGHT.  It might be a "courtesy visit", but the fact he's coming says a lot about what our new staff is doing.   I love how even though it's happening now, with an all new staff that was evidently persuasive enough to convince him to visit Auburn, that RWS KNOWS anything....  fucking douche.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2009, 10:16:18 PM »
There's a possibility that Rueben Randle won't be able to visit this weekend, it depends on if his father is able to get off of work in time to make the trip with him.  We won't know anything until tomorrow sometime.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2009, 10:18:13 PM »

RWS doesn't know shit.  He hasn't talked to this kid or his coach or his parents or anybody else.  Neither has anyone else on this board.  If he comes here for a visit, he's coming for a reason and our new coaching staff has the chance to pimp Auburn to him (A place I'm sure he's never been to) and let him see that he could be the man right away if he comes.  

Look, what the hell did we say over and over and over to spin Saban's recruiting classes?  Well?  "Oh, the only reason Saban is getting these guys is they've sucked and he can offer them the chance to step in and play right away"  Right?  Anyone recall that?  

If everyone believes what they ripped Saban for, then why can't that happen here?  Do we need WR's? Do we need a QB?  Do we need a lot of playmakers?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2009, 11:34:21 PM »
RWS doesn't know shit.  He hasn't talked to this kid or his coach or his parents or anybody else.  Neither has anyone else on this board.  If he comes here for a visit, he's coming for a reason and our new coaching staff has the chance to pimp Auburn to him (A place I'm sure he's never been to) and let him see that he could be the man right away if he comes.  

Look, what the hell did we say over and over and over to spin Saban's recruiting classes?  Well?  "Oh, the only reason Saban is getting these guys is they've sucked and he can offer them the chance to step in and play right away"  Right?  Anyone recall that?  

If everyone believes what they ripped Saban for, then why can't that happen here?  Do we need WR's? Do we need a QB?  Do we need a lot of playmakers?

Exactly.  All of it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2009, 03:11:17 PM »
It looks like Randle was not able to visit this weekend on such a short notice, but plans on visiting later this month.  ----per rivals
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2009, 03:29:22 PM »
It looks like Randle was not able to visit this weekend on such a short notice, but plans on visiting later this month.  ----per rivals

:thumbsup:

Actually it was said also that Randle could have made it this weekend, but his father couldn't so AUBURN told him, it would be better for his father to be there and to reschedule.  That went over very positively with the Randle household.  He WILL reschedule.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2009, 04:54:31 PM »
Being reported by some that Randle is now rescheduling his official visit to Auburn on February 4th.  That would be interesting if true, because that's signing day.  We'll have to see about that one....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions