Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

What are y'alls thoughts on the TT/Mike Leach ordeal going on?

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
What are y'alls thoughts on the TT/Mike Leach ordeal going on?
« on: February 18, 2009, 06:59:39 PM »
Here's his updated contract extension that the AD has told Mike Leach that he better sign, or he'll be fired.

"The financial terms of the proposed contract aren't in dispute; both sides have agreed to the five-year, $12.7 million deal. Leach was set to sign the extension before Tech added four provisions that have led to this current breaking point:

1. If Leach is fired, he would receive 12 percent of his remaining salary.

2. Leach would owe a $1.5 million buyout (it is currently $500,000) if he leaves Tech for another job.

3. Leach would be terminated immediately if he interviews for another job without Myers' permission.

4. Any monies from Leach's personal property rights would go to Tech. In other words, Leach would have no control over outside income opportunities such as books, speaking engagements and endorsements

If I was Mike Leach, I would tell the Texas Tech AD to go fuck himself and that I'm not signing anything stating that TT would have Personal Property Rights to my name....Fuck That.
What say ye'?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
Re: What are y'alls thoughts on the TT/Mike Leach ordeal going on?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2009, 08:49:20 PM »
Here's his updated contract extension that the AD has told Mike Leach that he better sign, or he'll be fired.

If I was Mike Leach, I would tell the Texas Tech AD to go fuck himself and that I'm not signing anything stating that TT would have Personal Property Rights to my name....Fuck That.
What say ye'?
I think a lot of colleges will go to this drastic of a contract to keep there coaches from leaving. I think Leach should call there bluff.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Aubie16

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 08:56:55 PM »

What say ye'?

Just so you know...Tuberville's and most other major college coaches contract include this.

Clause 14 and 15
http://images.usatoday.com/sports/graphics/coaches_contracts/pdfs/auburn_fb.pdf
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Auburn is so much more than a city, school, team, or degree. It is something that, once you have experienced it, will live inside of you forever and become a part of what makes up who you are."

1913 | 1914 | 1957 | 1958 | 1993 | 2004 | 2010

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 08:57:49 PM »
Leach's style may not be a fit for a lot of major programs who may be too gun shy to take a chance on his system.  Radical changes that don't work right off the bat can make a fan base go, "WTF were you thinking?"

(See Auburn University 2008)

(See Meeeechigan 2008, although the jury's still out)

However, I believe there are enough big name schools out there that would pony up the cash for Leak and I'm sure he's heard from plenty of them.  I'd tell TT like my smallish but quite hairy nut sack.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."