Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Julio Jones a dickhead?

Julio Jones a dickhead?
« on: December 14, 2007, 05:38:54 PM »
This is from the WarRoom on rivals:

Ocean Springs (Miss.) four-star WR DeAndre Brown is a man among boys this week in Mobile. The 6-foot-6, 210-pounder skies over any and all of the competition.

Brown is also a very cordial and respectful young man, which is more than I can say about another top WR prospect in Mobile this week.

I'm not surprised that a huge recruit is full of himself, but what surprises me is the snide remark by a rivals reporter.  Would I be reading into this too much to think that maybe Julio Jones is firmly not coming to Auburn? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Aubie16

Re: Julio Jones a dickhead?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2007, 06:37:11 PM »
I was surprised when I read that. Seems a little out of character for the rivals guys. I'm guessing there is a story behind it. It'll be interesting to see how the rest of his recruitment plays out with the hiring of Tony Franklin. But I still would be floored if he signed with us in February.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Auburn is so much more than a city, school, team, or degree. It is something that, once you have experienced it, will live inside of you forever and become a part of what makes up who you are."

1913 | 1914 | 1957 | 1958 | 1993 | 2004 | 2010

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2007, 08:22:20 AM »
I watched the presentation of Player of the Year last night on the news, and Jones looked like they were inconveniencing him by making him walk all the way over to pick up the award.  Might be just me.
There is no I in team, but there is one in Julio.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Ogre

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2007, 08:34:56 AM »
There is no I in team,

"Well, there ain't no 'we' either"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2007, 08:38:44 AM »
"Well, there ain't no 'we' either"
"Erm, as Mr Sloman always says,
there's no I in team but there is an I in pie.
In... There's an I in meat pie.                 
The anagram of meat is team...
I don't know what he's talking about."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."