Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

February Identification Help for Bammers...

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
Re: February Identification Help for Bammers...
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2008, 10:41:32 AM »
Yall really should leave his grammar out of this.  I mean, we don't even know if she's still living.
grammar shore does love the tawd!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2008, 02:19:02 PM »
Runswithscissors = clown. He writes like a freaking 5th grader. I gave up reading the post above after one sentence and then I quickly scanned down and noticed he didn't start one sentence with a capital letter. Don't call me the Grammar Nazi or anthing, I use words like "ain't" and "alright" constantly, and I don't know all the rules for using the semicolon, but I use it constantly. RWS writing is a)elementary or b) quickly thrown together in frustraton.

With that said:

Rule 1. Capitalize the first word of a quoted sentence. 
Examples: He said, "Treat her as you would your own daughter."
"Look out!" she screamed. "You almost ran into my child." 

Rule 2.  Capitalize a proper noun. 
Example: Golden Gate Bridge 

Rule 3. Capitalize a person's title when it precedes the name. Do not capitalize when the title is acting as a description following the name. 
  Examples: Chairperson Petrov
    Ms. Petrov, the chairperson of the company, will address us at noon. 

Rule 4. Capitalize the person's title when it follows the name on the address or signature line. 
  Example: Sincerely,

Ms. Haines, Chairperson

Rule 5. Capitalize the titles of high-ranking government officials when used with or before their names. Do not capitalize the civil title if it is used instead of the name. 
  Examples: The president will address Congress.
    All senators are expected to attend.
    The governors, lieutenant governors, and attorneys general called for a special task force.
    Governor Fortinbrass, Lieutenant Governor Poppins, Attorney General Dalloway, and Senators James and Twain will attend. 

Rule 6. Capitalize any title when used as a direct address. 
  Example: Will you take my temperature, Doctor? 

Rule 7. Capitalize points of the compass only when they refer to specific regions. 
  Examples: We have had three relatives visit from the South.
    Go south three blocks and then turn left. 
    We live in the southeast section of town.
Southeast is just an adjective here describing section, so it should not be capitalized. 

Rule 8. Always capitalize the first and last words of titles of publications regardless of their parts of speech. Capitalize other words within titles, including the short verb forms Is, Are, and Be.

Exception: Do not capitalize little words within titles such as a, an, the, but, as, if, and, or, nor, or prepositions, regardless of their length.
  Examples: The Day of the Jackal 
    What Color Is Your Parachute? 
    A Tale of Two Cities

Rule 9. Capitalize federal or state when used as part of an official agency name or in government documents where these terms represent an official name. If they are being used as general terms, you may use lowercase letters. 
  Examples: The state has evidence to the contrary. 
    That is a federal offense. 
    The State Board of Equalization collects sales taxes. 
    We will visit three states during our summer vacation. 
    The Federal Bureau of Investigation has been subject to much scrutiny and criticism lately. 
    Her business must comply with all county, state, and federal laws. 

Rule 10. You may capitalize words such as department, bureau, and office if you have prepared your text in the following way: 
  Example: The Bureau of Land Management (Bureau) has some jurisdiction over Indian lands. The Bureau is finding its administrative role to be challenging. 

Rule 11. Do not capitalize names of seasons. 
  Example: I love autumn colors and spring flowers. 

Rule 12. Capitalize the first word of a salutation and the first word of a complimentary close. 
  Examples: Dear Ms. Mohamed: 
    My dear Mr. Sanchez: 
    Very truly yours, 

Rule 13. Capitalize words derived from proper nouns. 
  Example: I must take English and math.
English is capitalized because it comes from the proper noun England, but math does not come from Mathland. 

Rule 14. Capitalize the names of specific course titles. 
  Example: I must take history and Algebra 2. 

Rule 15. After a sentence ending with a colon, do not capitalize the first word if it begins a list.
  Example: These are my favorite foods: chocolate cake, spaghetti, and artichokes.

Rule 16. Do not capitalize when only one sentence follows a sentence ending with a colon.
  Example: I love Jane Smiley's writing: her book, A Thousand Acres, was beautiful.

Rule 17. Capitalize when two or more sentences follow a sentence ending with a colon.
  Example: I love Jane Smiley's writing: Her book, A Thousand Acres, was beautiful. Also, Moo was clever. 

on a site where talk of anal beads and homo-erotic behavior are the norm, i never thought capitalization would be an issue. i don't capitalize because i really don't feel like it, so fuck you. i knew there was a division of the Message Board Police on AUN to monitor such things, but was unaware of their presence here. you can't even debate the issue at hand, so all you can say is "uh, hey uhhhhhh.....you're not using proper capitalization." now, run along, junior.......adults are talking foosball here.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2008, 02:20:34 PM »
on a site where talk of anal beads and homo-erotic behavior are the norm, i never thought capitalization would be an issue. i don't capitalize because i really don't feel like it, so fuck you. i knew there was a division of the Message Board Police on AUN to monitor such things, but was unaware of their presence here. you can't even debate the issue at hand, so all you can say is "uh, hey uhhhhhh.....you're not using proper capitalization." now, run along, junior.......adults are talking foosball here.
Geez...fuck you and your nasty old grammar too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2008, 02:27:03 PM »
I love this place!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

RWS

« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2008, 02:39:30 PM »
Geez...fuck you and your nasty old grammar too.
well, you'll have to do something for me first.....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2008, 02:55:49 PM »
well, you'll have to do something for me first.....
You want it in the face again, or on the back?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

RWS

« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2008, 03:03:17 PM »
You want it in the face again, or on the back?
first, you're going to have to get that shit checked out. leaves a rash every fucking time, and my fiancee is getting real nosey.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2008, 03:25:48 PM »

Sooo...you're here because you like anal beads and homo-erotic behavior?

You're sick, man...with a capital S!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

RWS

« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2008, 03:33:48 PM »
Sooo...you're here because you like anal beads and homo-erotic behavior?

You're sick, man...with a capital S!!!
when in Rome......
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2008, 03:35:18 PM »
first, you're going to have to get that shit checked out. leaves a rash every fucking time, and my fiancee is getting real nosey.
I knew that Korean hooker would come back to haunt me one day.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2008, 03:43:27 PM »

DOH!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2008, 03:59:37 PM »

You know when dealing with Korean hookers, one should.....never mind.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #32 on: December 24, 2008, 06:00:32 AM »
You know when dealing with Korean hookers, one should.....never mind.
That was the best story ever!!!!!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.