Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Coach Lolley sighting

Thrilla

• I have a touch of the consumption
Coach Lolley sighting
« on: December 19, 2008, 01:30:29 PM »
My pops ran into Coach Lolley last Friday (one week ago) in the Atlanta airport.  Said he was easily recognizable due to being completely decked out in Auburn gear and because of the blinding reflection of the 2004 championship ring that he was wearing.

He said that Coach Lolley looked tired and wore out.  He approached him and exchanged a "War Eagle" with him.  Coach told my dad that he had been hitting the recruiting trail hard and was wore out.  He was heading back to his home in Columbus.

Said that, during the week that just passed (Dec. 8th-11th) he had spent all his time in North Georgia and Tennessee recruiting various high schools.

The week before that (Dec. 1st-5th) , he spent time recruiting in Miami, Orlando, Dallas, Fort Worth, and Austin.

He said that his sole purpose for being out was to "salvage what we still had" and make sure that all was right with those kids that had committed.  It really wasn't a trip to get new committs as much as it was to keep the ones that were interested, interested.

My dad asked him when we were getting a new head coach.  He replied "it will all be taken care of in a few days."  That following Sunday Chizik was hired.

So, even a dumbass could figure out that the folks that are still part of the staff have realized the importance of keeping the recruiting trail hot, and have been acting accordingly.  Pair that with what Chizik has been doing here recently, and I just can't help but be satisfied that they are doing their damndest to make everything right.  Those involved knew that, before the hiring of Chizik, they would have their work cut out for them, and they've been apparently busting their balls even before the announcement of his hiring to keep the kids committed. 

Onwards to February!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Re: Coach Lolley sighting
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2008, 12:00:40 AM »
I don't know about y'all but, I'm pretty fuckin' excited about this upcoming year....especially with, what I'm hoping will be, a great staff that knows how and will recruit.  It should be an interesting next three weeks.

What are y'alls thoughts on Patrick Nix as a possible OC?  I've heard that he's a well respected Coach and a pretty good recruiter
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2008, 09:23:21 AM »
What are y'alls thoughts on Patrick Nix as a possible OC?  I've heard that he's a well respected Coach and a pretty good recruiter

His offenses at Tech and Miami have been underwhelming.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2008, 09:32:46 AM »
His offenses at Tech and Miami have been underwhelming fucking pathetic.
FTFY
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

wesfau2

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2008, 09:52:03 AM »
FTFY

Thanks.  I was trying to be tactful.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2008, 09:54:13 AM »
Thanks.  I was trying to be tactful.

Why start now?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2008, 09:55:34 AM »
Why start now?

Early start on a New Year's resolution. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2008, 09:59:18 AM »
Early start on a New Year's resolution. 

New beginnings.

Turning over a new leaf.

Fuck that shit.  I just didn't want to badmouth Nix because I still like the guy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2008, 10:08:13 AM »
New beginnings.

Turning over a new leaf.

Fuck that shit.  I just didn't want to badmouth Nix because I still like the guy.

Dude threw a couple of classics to Frank Sanders.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2008, 10:12:37 AM »
Dude threw a couple of classics to Frank Sanders.

Therefore I will refer to his offense as "underwhelming" rather than "fucking pathetic".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2008, 10:13:22 AM »
New beginnings.

Turning over a new leaf.

I like the shit out of him but it doesn't mean he is a good coach or would be a good fit.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2008, 10:15:58 AM »
Therefore I will refer to his offense as "underwhelming" rather than "fucking pathetic".
Oops...now I'm labeled.
I still remember watching him during the 1994 Florida game.  Dude was walking to the sidelines and telling Tater Tot what to call.  I thought to myself at that point he would make a great OC someday.  The only problem is that someday is not here yet I fear.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.