Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

You need more proof that these idiots in Iowa have no clue about football.....

JohnDeere

• Pledge
http://crosscyed.blogspot.com/2007/05/chaplaind.html

Imagine somebody telling CTT or Saban, that he can't add an "UNPAID" position to his staff?
These liberal assholes in Iowa never supported CGC because they have NO idea what big time football is about. The more I read on this, the more I come to the conclusion that Ames must be a shit hole.

Hell, didn't Obama pick up Iowa?

http://www.diverseeducation.com/artman/publish/article_7866.shtml

A faculty committee has recommended that Iowa State University create a position to offer football players counseling or religious guidance.

The Iowa State Athletic Council voted to have a volunteer religious adviser on staff as long as that person doesn't lead religious activities at mandatory team functions.

"We have taken serious the faith needs of Iowa State student-athletes, but also have worked hard to protect the interests of student-athletes of different faiths and those with no faith," said Tim Day, chairman of the athletic council.

Iowa State athletic director Jamie Pollard said the position would likely be called a "life skills assistant" and would provide resources and contacts for athletes.

"We have student-athletes who have a lot to deal with and often need someone to turn to," Pollard said. "I believe we need to provide that kind of assistance."

The council's recommendation will be forwarded to Iowa State President Gregory Geoffrey for his approval.

Geoffrey asked the council to review the issue after more than 100 faculty members signed a petition saying that having a chaplain for the football team would violate the separation of church and state. Coach Gene Chizik has asked that a chaplain be appointed to the team.

Bill David, a music professor who helped lead the petition drive, doubted the recommendation would satisfy those who signed the petition.

"I don't think that the faculty members who signed the petition are going to be fooled by a semantic distinction about what the position is called," David said.

Paula Morrow, an Iowa State faculty athletic representative, said the recommendation draws a distinct "line in the sand."

"I have no objection to someone having voluntary Bible study with players on the night before a game," Morrow said. "I do have problems with someone leading a team prayer before a game because that could be considered coercive."

Day said the council recommended that the adviser be allowed to participate in religious activities with athletes outside of team functions. He agreed that any prayers led during team functions must be initiated and led by players.

« Last Edit: December 15, 2008, 05:11:23 PM by JohnDeere »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
http://crosscyed.blogspot.com/2007/05/chaplaind.html

Imagine somebody telling CTT or Saban, that he can't add an "UNPAID" position to his staff?
These liberal assholes in Iowa never supported CGC because they have NO idea what big time football is about. The more I read on this, the more I come to the conclusion that Ames must be a shit hole.

Hell, didn't Obama pick Iowa?
I hate to bust your bubble, but states pick candidates, not the other way around.  Also, he was fucking 5 -19.  I promise you, I could do better than that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

JohnDeere

• Pledge
I hate to bust your bubble, but states pick candidates, not the other way around.  Also, he was fucking 5 -19.  I promise you, I could do better than that.

You know wtf I mean....Iowa is obviously a fucking midwest hotbed of holier than thou liberals.
I would like to see anyone of you critizing cheesedicks try and win a Pop Warner League game when the fucking Profs at the Univeristy tell your ass you can't even have a team prayer before the game. 

I'm going to cut CGC some slack till August seeing how he just arrived from the wasteland of football hell that is obviously Iowa State.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2008, 05:19:47 PM by JohnDeere »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
holier than thou liberals.
I think you just insulted that atheist professor...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
I know, I was just fucking with you.  I agree it is incredibly difficult to win at ISU.  However, I feel that Tuberville is hands down a better coach.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

JohnDeere

• Pledge
I know, I was just fucking with you.  I agree it is incredibly difficult to win at ISU.  However, I feel that Tuberville is hands down a better coach.

Agreed CTT is the better coach....but I look at it like this, CTT made CGC. CGC is a Tubbs clone. Case in point the whole team chaplain saga.

I still remember Chiz bolting for Texas. He was THE "hot assistant" in 2004/2005. Just because he jumped to the first HC job that opened and ended up at the Vandy/UK of the Big 12; I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt and see what he can do on the field.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
You know wtf I mean....Iowa is obviously a fucking midwest hotbed of holier than thou liberals.
I would like to see anyone of you critizing cheesedicks try and win a Pop Warner League game when the fucking Profs at the Univeristy tell your ass you can't even have a team prayer before the game. 

I'm going to cut CGC some slack till August seeing how he just arrived from the wasteland of football hell that is obviously Iowa State.

I could have taken 11 random kids off the street, thrown them out on the field and managed to win five games in two years at ISU against the abysmal competition they faced. 

Seriously. 

This is the worst coaching hire ever.  I'm not giving him anything.  Fuck Chizik. If he loved Auburn like he claims he wouldn't have leaped at the golden parachute and fucked us over for the next decade.  It will take that long to clean up his shit after he's finally bounced.

I was right about Jacobs. I was right about Franklin.  I'm right about this. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything

Oh! So God was preventing ISU from succeeding! Whew! Good thing we solved that, I just thought Chizik was a shitty coach! Egg's on my face!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
I could have taken 11 random kids off the street, thrown them out on the field and managed to win five games in two years at ISU against the abysmal competition they faced. 

Seriously. 

This is the worst coaching hire ever.  I'm not giving him anything.  Fuck Chizik. If he loved Auburn like he claims he wouldn't have leaped at the golden parachute and fucked us over for the next decade.  It will take that long to clean up his shit after he's finally bounced.

I was right about Jacobs. I was right about Franklin.  I'm right about this. 

I agree.  They lost ten games this year WITHOUT playing Texas, Texas Tech, or Oklahoma.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions