Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

WSFA Reporting

Ogre

WSFA Reporting
« on: December 11, 2008, 07:53:04 PM »
Source: Auburn close to naming new coach

Posted: Dec 11, 2008 06:23 PM CST

Updated: Dec 11, 2008 06:23 PM CST

MONTGOMERY, AL (WSFA) - The WSFA 12 Sports team has learned that Auburn University may be close to offering its head coaching job to South Carolina's Steve Spurrier.

A source in the coaching profession tells us he's hearing strong indications that point to Spurrier as the Tigers' top choice.

Meanwhile, interviews continue in Auburn. Thursday saw Texas Christian's Gary Patterson interview for the job.

Patterson has been the head coach at T-C-U since 2000 when he was promoted from defensive coordinator on Dennis Franchione's departure to Alabama.

Patterson's had 5 10-win seasons in the past seven years including a 10-2 record in 2008.

Patterson is the the 7th coaching candidate Auburn is known to have interviewed.

WSFA 12 News will have more information as it becomes available.

I wonder what he'll say?  Link
« Last Edit: December 11, 2008, 07:57:57 PM by Ogre »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
Re: WSFA Reporting
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2008, 08:08:03 PM »
I sure as fuck hope that we don't offer if we're not sure he's gonna take it.  That would be shitty.  It would also let Patterson, Peterson, or Gill know that they were for sure second or third choices.  The headline, and the story are different, headline says naming new coach, story says offering.   :stewie:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Ogre

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2008, 08:24:36 PM »
They have now changed their story to read:

Could Auburn Be Close To Naming A New Head Coach?

Posted: Dec 11, 2008 06:23 PM CST

Updated: Dec 11, 2008 07:18 PM CST

MONTGOMERY, AL (WSFA) - The WSFA 12 Sports team has learned that Auburn University may be close to offering its head coaching job, and that person could be South Carolina's Steve Spurrier.

A source in the coaching profession tells us he's hearing strong indications that point to Spurrier as the Tigers' top choice. However, Spurrier has been quoted in other media saying that his coaching future is at South Carolina.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Birmingham

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2008, 08:42:16 PM »
reporting has become so bad in the last 10 years.  Say goodbye to the times when a reporter dies and you feel sad and look at their body of work and service for the last 35 years.  We have a couple of those still alive but they are going and when they do this bull crap of today won't hold a candle.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2008, 08:45:35 PM »
Okay. If this were to happen, something I highly doubt, I could be convinced to be okay with it. I've stated why before.  

My biggest reservation would be that Jacobs made this hire not because it was what was best for Auburn in the long term but in order to win the press conference and show the world how big his dick is.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2008, 09:52:53 PM »
Oooooo..a new one.  "A source in the coaching profession".  Is that stronger than, "A source close to the situation"?

My brother in law is a defensive coordinator at a 5A high school in our area.  That means he's in the coaching profession.  He told me Oprah Winfrey was being interviewed.  I guess Auburn is now close to naming a new coach.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2008, 08:18:32 AM »
Oooooo..a new one.  "A source in the coaching profession".  Is that stronger than, "A source close to the situation"?

My brother in law is a defensive coordinator at a 5A high school in our area.  That means he's in the coaching profession.  He told me Oprah Winfrey was being interviewed.  I guess Auburn is now close to naming a new coach.

Hope that bitch leaves me keys to a new car under my seats.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2008, 12:12:51 PM »

She's getting down to her playing weight at two hundy...could she be a player/coach?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.