Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

13th National Championship Inevitable?

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
Re: 13th National Championship Inevitable?
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2008, 09:58:06 PM »
or an SEC team a championship (for that matter).  But I do acknowledge all three of them.  Which is why there is split championships "acknowledged" by the NCAA because one poll says team A should be the champion and one poll says team B should be the champion. 

Actually the NCAA does acknowledge/award the SEC Championship (et. all ACC, Big 12) that is the only championship they recognize.

One of the reasons why alcohol is not allowed at the SEC Championship it is an NCAA sponsored event, and why the bowls do.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

rebmus

« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2008, 07:07:58 PM »
1941 is a fucking shame.

It's bad enough that Ole Miss hung a "West champs" banner for 2003, but damn Bama... 1941 will be hard for anyone to top.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2008, 07:21:30 PM »

I'll say it again.  Wrong.  They "acknowledge" national championships based on AP and the BCS (current) and whatever polls of the past.   That they do not "award" them does not mean that they do not "acknowledge" them.

I do not award an actor a Grammy, a track star a gold metal, or an SEC team a championship (for that matter).  But I do acknowledge all three of them.  Which is why there is split championships "acknowledged" by the NCAA because one poll says team A should be the champion and one poll says team B should be the champion. 

That is why they "acknowledge" Notre Dame to have like 24 National championships and Alabama to have 17.  Because somewhere down the line, there were polls saying Notre Dame was the champion that year.  The same way the AP would say Texas would be the champion this year (if OK barely beats FL and TX beats Ohio St bad).  There would be a split championship and the NCAA would "acknowledge" both of them in their records without awarding either of them.

Stupidest argument EVER.

I did not award Auburn the college football national championship in the years 1981 - 2008, but I acknowledge that someone may have awarded something of the sort, so by my count we need to hang about 27 banners.  Bitch. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Birmingham

« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2008, 08:40:26 PM »
Stupidest argument EVER.

I'm not making an argument I'm telling you how the NCAA operates.  Whether you think it's stupid or not is irrelevant.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2008, 08:58:57 PM »
I'm not making an argument I'm telling you how the NCAA operates.  Whether you think it's stupid or not is irrelevant.

No. You are telling me how you WISH the NCAA operated. In the context you are using there is no difference between the words "acknowledge" and "recognize." Your implication is that by listing every limp dick Harry that awarded Alabama some baseless retroactive national title that the NCAA gives any of them credence. Simply put, they do not.

What the NCAA is saying by listing those unofficial titles is that the NCAA does NOT recognize (nor acknowledge) any to be legitimate and you are free to make your own determinations or reject the lists entirely. None are officially sanctioned, therefore none are acknowledged (or recognized).

The fact is that 12 is a farce. A fabrication. By the same flimsy standards Auburn has 7. Three to Bama's one since 1980.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Birmingham

« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2008, 11:17:33 PM »
You (an Auburn fan) arguing with me (an Alabama fan) about winning 12 National Championships is like a dude who just lost his virginity arguing with Hugh Hefner that he hasn't had sex with every woman in the world.  He probably hasn't had sex with every woman in the world but that doesn't make the dude look any less retarded for bringing it up.

(I'm giving you a lot more credit than you deserve since your place in the analogy is actually someone who has only had sex once in their life and that was over 50 years ago)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2008, 11:50:50 PM »
You (an Auburn fan) arguing with me (an Alabama fan) about winning 12 National Championships is like a dude who just lost his virginity arguing with Hugh Hefner that he hasn't had sex with every woman in the world.  He probably hasn't had sex with every woman in the world but that doesn't make the dude look any less retarded for bringing it up.

(I'm giving you a lot more credit than you deserve since your place in the analogy is actually someone who has only had sex once in their life and that was over 50 years ago)

The very fact you just made this statement secures the fact that you know you've been owned, kicked and crapped on in every facet possible.   May God have mercy on your soul.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Birmingham

« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2008, 11:58:35 PM »
The very fact you just made this statement secures the fact that you know you've been owned, kicked and crapped on in every facet possible.   May God have mercy on your soul.

sounds like that hit a little too close to home, chopper.  Sorry dude, didn't know you were a virgin, I wasn't actually talking about you in the analogy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2008, 12:00:39 AM »

Chopper, I have to ask, why are you being so nice to the bama tard?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2008, 12:02:50 AM »
Chopper, I have to ask, why are you being so nice to the bama tard?

Would you kick a child in a wheelchair?  Same thing...   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2008, 12:09:24 AM »
Would you kick a child in a wheelchair?  Same thing...   

Good point!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan