Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Karma.....

JohnDeere

• Pledge
Karma.....
« on: December 08, 2008, 11:18:31 AM »
So there I was setting in Section I, row 5 at Vandy. This guy behind me was "trying" to be a Vandy fan surrounded by at least 50 Auburn fans. He was trying to be a jerk.

So, eventually he changes the tone of his voice and asked me if I remembered the name of a certain Auburn tailback that was drafted by Buffalo in the early 80s. I could tell he wanted to start a football conversation and wanted to judge my knowledge of Auburn football.

He explained to me that he was grew up in upstate New York and had landed in Nashville a few years back and became a Tennessee fan. (The reason he bought the Vandy season tickets was to see the Vols play). He was using the Auburn/Vandy tickets because it was on TV, ESPN gameday and all that.

So, the question was something like, "Who was that quick tailback from Auburn before Bo? You know the one, that the Bills drafted? I'm big Bills fan and I remember him."  I could tell this was a honest question and he wasn't trying to one up me and that this guy was probably a real Bills fan. I was temporarily stumped as I watched Todd scramble for a loss of eight yards. **Anybody here care to guess?**

I got to talking to this guy about the Bills, the Vols, then eventually the Univ of Buffalo football (since Auburn played Buffalo back in 2006). He started informing how he was now following Univ of Buffalo since UT had fallen off so badly. I ended up having a nice conversation with this guy as Vandy embarrased Auburn in the 2nd half. We talked alot of football and politics. He really hated Obama so we had something in common.

So, I went home and pulled up the Buffalo athletics website and looked at their record.

« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 11:31:30 AM by UrbanDeere »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: Karma.....
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2008, 11:36:46 AM »
Was that chapter one? 

Or is this a quiz?  Joe Cribbs is the answer.  Rookie of the year with the Bills. He was the reason Buffalo could get rid of OJ's murdering ass.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

JohnDeere

• Pledge
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2008, 11:40:20 AM »
Was that chapter one? 

Or is this a quiz?  Joe Cribbs is the answer.  Rookie of the year with the Bills. He was the reason Buffalo could get rid of OJ's murdering ass.

Chapter 2.
What Auburn WR did Buffalo draft the year after Cribbs?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2008, 11:43:59 AM »
Chapter 2.
What Auburn WR did Buffalo draft the year after Cribbs?

Trustee and wings purveyor Byron Franklin. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.