Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Patrino resigns from Atl, will coach Arky

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
Re: Patrino resigns from Atl, will coach Arky
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2007, 09:51:53 PM »
You must be ONLY watching ESPN.  Fox Sports, Best Damn, the morning shows, all of them are calling him a weasel.   It's not going to be easy for him, no matter how good on the x's and o's he is.

I think he's even more loathed right now than Saban....and that's not easy.
To be honest and I would never admit this to a bammer both coaches IMO made a better decision, Atlanta is a mess right now, Petrino made the right call to get out...and the only team worse than Atlanta is the Miami Dolphins.  Course it doesn't hurt when you offer your soul to get a coach either (a la spuat)

I don't think the recruits give a shit....the media makes a big deal of it, fans of the opposing school poke fun, but after that who else gives a shit.  I don't consider Arkansas a rival (more like an annoying pest, I could give shit who there coach is, chances are Tubs will probably do better now that Fuck Nutt is gone, course now we got to worry bout Ole Piss)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Razorhawk

« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2007, 02:55:31 PM »
It is interesting to see the different take by ESPN on Rodriguez to Michigan and Petrino to Arkansas.  Some huge inconsistencies.  I do think the Petrino storm will blow over in time.  If the Saban thing has almost gone away, I can't see this going on for long either.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2007, 03:03:18 PM »
If the Saban thing has almost gone away, I can't see this going on for long either.

I will NEVER let the Saban thing go away.  Where is another Bammer I can harass about it?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

wesfau

• Judicial Chair
  • On a gravy train with biscuit wheels.
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2007, 03:07:31 PM »
I will NEVER let the Saban thing go away.  Where is another Bammer I can harass about it?

We do need some whipping boys.  Invite 'em in.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Life can really kick your ass.  I only have a vague recollection of when it wasn't kickin' mine.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2007, 03:08:51 PM »
We do need some whipping boys.  Invite 'em in.

Outside of the gutter or maybe a suicide hotline I'm not sure where to get them from?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

wesfau

• Judicial Chair
  • On a gravy train with biscuit wheels.
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2007, 03:09:30 PM »
Outside of the gutter or maybe a suicide hotline I'm not sure where to get them from?

There's a small handful on AUN.

Drop some bait at BamaMag if you must.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Life can really kick your ass.  I only have a vague recollection of when it wasn't kickin' mine.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2007, 03:13:01 PM »
There's a small handful on AUN.

Drop some bait at BamaMag if you must.

I feel dirty just thinking about it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2007, 03:22:13 PM »
It is interesting to see the different take by ESPN on Rodriguez to Michigan and Petrino to Arkansas.  Some huge inconsistencies.  I do think the Petrino storm will blow over in time.  If the Saban thing has almost gone away, I can't see this going on for long either.
Once he wins some big games, it will blow over. Razor how is recruiting going for the Hog's? Petrino should make and immediate impact.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Razorhawk

« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2007, 03:27:20 PM »
On the recruiting front on one player has decommited a cornerback from Houston, Tx now going to Boston College.  On the other hand it looks as if we have landed a QB from Greenwood, Ark that would not have come if Nutt had been there.

I think the recruiting side of the this whole thing will definitely be a positive.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2007, 03:46:43 AM »
On the recruiting front on one player has decommited a cornerback from Houston, Tx now going to Boston College.  On the other hand it looks as if we have landed a QB from Greenwood, Ark that would not have come if Nutt had been there.

I think the recruiting side of the this whole thing will definitely be a positive.
The man is one hell of a coach, but he will be named in any and all coaching searches!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

CharlieHog

« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2007, 08:46:19 AM »
The man is one hell of a coach, but he will be named in any and all coaching searches!

So?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Razorhawk

« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2007, 08:53:50 AM »
I figure if the Hogs can keep him for 4 years, they will be lucky.  I do think that most were just so glad to get rid of Nutt, that almost anyone would have been greeted with open arms.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2007, 08:58:42 AM »
I will be more interested in how he is accepted if he has what are perceived as sub par year(s)?  It is pretty well recognized that he can be a first class prick in general.  You can be a prick when you are winning and folks just say, "he's intense" or "focused".  If you are a prick when you are losing you're just a prick.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CharlieHog

« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2007, 09:18:24 AM »
I will be more interested in how he is accepted if he has what are perceived as sub par year(s)?  It is pretty well recognized that he can be a first class prick in general.  You can be a prick when you are winning and folks just say, "he's intense" or "focused".  If you are a prick when you are losing you're just a prick.

I don't care if a coach is the nicest guy in the world, if he doesn't win games the fan base (ANY fan base) isn't going to like it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2007, 09:29:41 AM »

I don't care if a coach is the nicest guy in the world, if he doesn't win games the fan base (ANY fan base) isn't going to like it.

Fair enough but it is a lot easier to take when a fucker isn't all up in your grille over it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CharlieHog

« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2007, 09:38:05 AM »
Fair enough but it is a lot easier to take when a fucker isn't all up in your grille over it.

As a Razorback basketball season ticket holder, let me assure you that no, it is not.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2007, 10:11:36 AM »

I don't think any sensible Hog fan has high expectations for next season. We're losing a lot of talent and the schedule will be much tougher.  I suspect Petrino will get a pass for the time being......unless he has email-sending lesbian friends or an anchorwoman fetish.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2007, 10:25:16 AM »
I don't think any sensible Hog fan has high expectations for next season. We're losing a lot of talent and the schedule will be much tougher.  I suspect Petrino will get a pass for the time being......unless he has email-sending lesbian friends or an anchorwoman fetish.

Donna may be looking for the next BIG story.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Razorhawk

« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2007, 11:07:12 AM »
I actually had no problems with him and the anchor woman.  Some of the most successful coaches have had a little puss on the side.  And some had a lot of puss on the side. (Barry Switzer comes to mind)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Guinnesshog

« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2007, 11:08:23 AM »
I actually had no problems with him and the anchor woman.  Some of the most successful coaches have had a little puss on the side.  And some had a lot of puss on the side. (Barry Switzer comes to mind)

You think Danny Ford did?  :puke:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions