Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

From The Horse's Mouth

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
From The Horse's Mouth
« on: December 04, 2008, 02:51:20 PM »
http://blog.al.com/goldmine/2008/12/tuberville_says_he_has_no_anom.html

Tuberville says he has no animosity toward Auburn; will stay on and work for university president
Posted by Charles Goldberg, Birmingham News December 04, 2008 9:19 AM
Categories: Football, Football

Tommy Tuberville said the morning he had no animosity toward Auburn and he'll stay on and work with university President Dr. Jay Gogue while he contemplates his future.

Tuberville, who resigned as Auburn's football coach Wednesday, said he's looking forward to having a family life again. He said he plans to return to coaching again, but will wait for the right opportunity.

Tuberville said his departure was ``totally a business decision, what's best for Auburn.''

His responses were classy all the way.

He said he would call recruits to hold recruiting together until a new coach is hired.

While he said he'll remain in Auburn and stay out of the way of the new coach.

``You're not going to hear from me much publicly.''

Tuberville also said:

On Auburn and a family life:

``I'm not in any hurry to do anything. I want to stay in Auburn. My kids love it here, so does my wife. We have a lot of friends. Eventually, I'll have to get a job, go back to work. I'll look at several different options. I'm not saying what it will be and what it's going to be. I'm going to turn back into a husband and father, which I haven't been much of the last 15 years. This is going to give me a chance to go to a lot of high school basketball games. Suzanne and I can travel a little bit, go out to dinner. Again, I'm not in a hurry to do anything.''

On staying in Auburn:

``I'm going to work a little bit with Dr. Gogue and see if there's anything he wants me to do. I'm an Auburn person and I believe in this school. They've done a lot more for me than I've done for them, so I'm going to try to give back as much as I can as long as I'm not really doing anything. But I'm not going to be in the way. You're not going to hear from me much publicly.''

On his future:

``This will be a good time for me to sit back and count my blessings for what we've had and look to the future and do as much as I can for the people here, and make a plan for the next 10-15 years.

``I fully intend to coach. I'm not going to jump into any situation. I want to do what's best for family, and for opportunites. I'll sit back and evaluate, probably through the holidays, to see the direction I need to go. Right now, I want to help the healing process, if there needs to be, with me leaving. I'm not saying people are disappointed I'm leaving, but anytime there's a change, there could be a division. We've had huge support. We're fortunate, very blessed, to have been here 10 years.''
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
Re: From The Horse's Mouth
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2008, 03:27:07 PM »
Like we would get anything less from Tubby.  Class act all the way.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2008, 03:35:01 PM »
I can only hope the next guy keeps that kind of class at Auburn...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X