Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Tuberville Out At Auburn...

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Re: Tuberville Out At Auburn...
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2008, 05:32:23 PM »
I feel like a kid who's parents are getting divorced.

Keep in mind, I'm a young buck. I don't really remember Dye, and barely remember Tot.

It will be very very strange having someone else in charge of this team. It will be like a stepdad wanting to go out in the yard to play catch. I'm not sure if I'll be able to trust him no matter how great he appears to be...

:sad:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2008, 05:33:00 PM »
Just announced on ESPN News.   Around the Horn is on ESPN, so nothing's going to show up there till Sportscenter later.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2008, 05:34:21 PM »
Ok - now i am pissed.  Jay Jacobs' ass should be on the line for this one.  He fucked up the baseball coach, fucked up basketball, fucked up swimming, and so yeah, I have a lot of confidence that he can find a great football coach...

If his choice for coach fails - then he should be the next one fired.  Asshole.

I am going to miss Coach Tubs very very much.  I feel so bad for the players - wonder what they must be thinking right now.

And recruiting... welcome to scrubsville, y'all...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2008, 05:35:07 PM »
Here's the thing, I too believe that this could turn out to be a mistake.  However I think Tubs has overplayed his cards over the last 4-5 years at the end of each season.  With all the doubt about his future every year and his numerous flirtations with other jobs to get extensions and raises, he has burned alot of support within the program and with the fans.  It seems as though every year during prime recruiting time he has given us and recruits reason to believe he would not come back.

When you treat everything like a business, you have to pay the consequences when the business fails.

One of the only good things that will come out of this is that we no longer have to wonder every year where he might go or when he will get fired.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2008, 05:39:02 PM »
I wonder if they negotiated a smaller buy out or if he raped them blind. JJ is not impressing me much.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2008, 05:40:10 PM »
Here's the thing, I too believe that this could turn out to be a mistake.  However I think Tubs has overplayed his cards over the last 4-5 years at the end of each season.  With all the doubt about his future every year and his numerous flirtations with other jobs to get extensions and raises, he has burned alot of support within the program and with the fans.  It seems as though every year during prime recruiting time he has given us and recruits reason to believe he would not come back.

When you treat everything like a business, you have to pay the consequences when the business fails.

One of the only good things that will come out of this is that we no longer have to wonder every year where he might go or when he will get fired.

Agreed.  I think there is more to this firing that we will every truly know.  

Sure, Tuberville's performance hasn't been stellar as of late, but he has had enough success to warrant another year.  What could have gotten him fired is the perennial rumors we've endured every year since 2004.  If those rumors were true, then ole Tubs shouldn't have any problem finding another job since every vacant position has drooled over him.  

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2008, 05:42:20 PM »
 If those rumors were true, then ole Tubs shouldn't have any problem finding another job since every vacant position has drooled over him.  

I'll bet Dabo Swinney just got a call from the AD:  "Hey, Dabs, we're having some second thoughts..."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2008, 05:45:00 PM »
I just hope whoever we get keeps it as clean as CTT did, the only hint of wrongdoing around the program while he was here was that stupid directed reading Sociology crap.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2008, 05:46:21 PM »
I bet he goes to MS St....and does a damn good job there...please lord not leach...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2008, 05:47:56 PM »
I just hope whoever we get keeps it as clean as CTT did,
Word.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2008, 06:24:05 PM »
Secret word is now that CTT resigned. Does he still get any money?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2008, 06:33:57 PM »
Great job Jacobs and the other PTBs. You just made a bad year worse by firing on of the most successful coaches at Auburn and gave the Turds more of an advantage in recruiting.

I ask you guys, when something you love starts becoming something you despise, when do you stop loving it?

We all love Auburn because of what it represents, but what if the people in charge are changing what it represents? What if they are ignoring the history, the AU Creed, and what it means to be an Auburn man or woman and turning it into they type of institution that resembles the one from the west side of the state? Do we continue to support Auburn anyway, hoping somebody will come along and turn it back towards the right direction, or do we blindly follow it until before we know it, we are supporting a school that is run just like UAT? Then our fan base, which has already partly become that way, turns into something that also resembles the Turds.

We need a grass roots movement that will push Riley to make some changes on that board of trustees. It needs to be done now before the school we love is turned into something ugly. This is not about a coach, it is about doing what is right for Auburn, and lately the decisions made by the PTBs have nothing to do with what is right for Auburn.

I actually agree with Kaos for a change (don't spit your drink out all over the keyboard), but Jay Jacobs is a complete idiot and needs to be fired also. He has shown a complete ineptitude as AD. He is Lowder's patsy and has done his bidding by getting rid of CTT. He has already ran good coaches out of town and made the awful Slater hire. How much longer do we allow this guy to hang around and destroy the athletic program. I have also figured out that Gouge must be a yes man also, because how could he allow all of this happen also?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2008, 06:35:19 PM »
Secret word is now that CTT resigned. Does he still get any money?
If true, then it would be a forced resignation, like Fulmer. As far as if he gets money, I don't know enough about his contract.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2008, 07:46:26 PM »
Well, we're on the coaching carousel...I'll keep it kinda short:  The wrong guy got sent packing today, although I do agree with the statement earlier that Tuberville may have played the "since I got shit on in '03, I've got y'all over a barrel" card a little too often.  That in and of itself, though, does not even remotely rise to the level of getting canned. 

I've seen enough toadyness/ineptitude from Jacobs to last me eleventy billion lifetimes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"If you're looking for sympathy, it's in the dictionary between shit and syphilis."

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2008, 01:04:09 PM »
No offense, but you guys are a bunch of pansies.  You all want great Auburn football, you all want championships...especially National championships, but when a move is made to do so you act like the drill press operator crying over Tubs.  Listen, I like Tubs, he did a lot for Auburn, but he seriously had given up and you could tell he wasn't trying anymore.  Fuck that...Auburn needs a coach that wants to win and demands excellence.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2008, 01:09:21 PM »
No offense, but you guys are a bunch of pansies.  You all want great Auburn football, you all want championships...especially National championships, but when a move is made to do so you act like the drill press operator crying over Tubs.  Listen, I like Tubs, he did a lot for Auburn, but he seriously had given up and you could tell he wasn't trying anymore.  Fuck that...Auburn needs a coach that wants to win and demands excellence.
And who is that? That is available now? That you would rather have than Tommy Tuberville? That's my concern.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2008, 01:21:25 PM »
How many times have we seen posts stating that Tubs will never take us to the promised land.  Well we are "finally" rid of him and now everyone seems to want him back, I'm confused.  Galen just posted a 3 page article listing all the reasons Tubs should be fired and now thinks there are no options out there for a better coach and that we just fucked the goat.  We will have no idea how good our new coach is until he gets here and starts playing some games. 

I would just like us to get our hands off the panic button. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2008, 01:24:18 PM »
And who is that? That is available now? That you would rather have than Tommy Tuberville? That's my concern.
Jay Jacobs said in his presser that money was not an option for the coaching search.  Let me repeat that, MONEY IS NOT AN OPTION.  If they can't go out and get a great coach with a blank check, then that is an rpic failure.  Money talks.

Mark, I totally agree with you.   Suck it up, Auburn existed pre-Tuberville and they will exist post-Tuberville.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2008, 04:01:46 PM »
How many times have we seen posts stating that Tubs will never take us to the promised land.  Well we are "finally" rid of him and now everyone seems to want him back, I'm confused.  Galen just posted a 3 page article listing all the reasons Tubs should be fired and now thinks there are no options out there for a better coach and that we just fucked the goat.  We will have no idea how good our new coach is until he gets here and starts playing some games. 

I would just like us to get our hands off the panic button. 

No, that's not what I said.  I believe there are coaches out there that can elevate Auburn.

But Mediocre Mike Leach, Smilin Bob Petrino, Wet Willy Muschamp, Bama Butch Davis and Steve Kragendork aren't the answer. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
« Reply #39 on: December 04, 2008, 04:04:31 PM »
No, that's not what I said.  I believe there are coaches out there that can elevate Auburn.

But Mediocre Mike Leach, Smilin Bob Petrino, Wet Willy Muschamp, Bama Butch Davis and Steve Kragendork aren't the answer. 

Who Is?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions