No reactions
No reactions

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
Re: Food Stamp Recipients At All Time High
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2008, 09:50:54 AM »
30 friggin Million

Can we at least put him on the food stamp?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2008, 09:51:56 AM »
30 friggin Million

10% of the estimated population.  Why am I not surprised?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

GarMan

• Alpha Male, Cigar Connoisseur and Smart Ass
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2008, 09:52:38 AM »
That's because it's an over-funded social program, and they keep raising the bar.  Did you catch any of the radio ads this year?  I believe that there were a couple of TV commercials as well.  They have a surplus of funds and had to resort to advertising to give their money away.  Now, I believe that you can earn as much as $30k in some states and still be entitled to something.  It's sort of like SCHIP.  The Dems tried to extend coverage to families with annual incomes of up to $83k.  Now that we have Rerun in office, I'm sure we'll see a new and improved SCHIP for families with take-homes in the $100k range.  You just wait.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.  - Winston Churchill

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar.  - Mark Twain

Nothing says "Obey Me" like a bloody head on a fence post!  - Stewie Griffin

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."  - Ayn Rand

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2008, 09:54:23 AM »
That's because it's an over-funded social program, and they keep raising the bar.  Did you catch any of the radio ads this year?  I believe that there were a couple of TV commercials as well.  They have a surplus of funds and had to resort to advertising to give their money away.  Now, I believe that you can earn as much as $30k in some states and still be entitled to something.  It's sort of like SCHIP.  The Dems tried to extend coverage to families with annual incomes of up to $83k.  Now that we have Rerun in office, I'm sure we'll see a new and improved SCHIP for families with take-homes in the $100k range.  You just wait.  

I want my 5 lbs of cheese.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2008, 08:51:07 PM »
How many of this 30 million are professional mooches? My guess is the figure would be staggering, but not surprising to say the least.

The local news in Birmingham did a bit day before yesterday about a group of volunteers cooking and feeding a Thanksgiving meal for the needy. In order to avoid drawing the ire of some people, I'll not get into the ethnic difference between the eaters and servers. Suffice it to say the demographic was split evenly between the two, clearly divided by the serving line. The camera panned across the room at those shoveling in the grub and not one person, not one, looked older than 35 and they looked anything but needy. The reporter spent the minute to minute and a half of segment time bemoaning the fact that the economy was the cause of this increase of people being forced to eat at charity kitchens. When she said this, I said "bullshit" loud enough that my neighbors could hear. From my experience, the crowd looked no different than in holidays past where free food was being handed out. These people were the career unemployed.

It's this kind of shit that has jaded me to the point where I scream, "fuck charity." I know that probably makes me a bad person in the eyes of some, but this kind of shit is way different than feeding the homeless or the elderly. There was nothing at all about these people that led me to believe they were the victims of "the global economic crisis." The only thing they are the victim of is their own laziness and unwillingness to get off their dead asses and do something to earn a paycheck. Fuck, I'm so pissed off I can hardly type. I'm tired of busting my ass to succeed, only to see people who play the system and not lift a finger to help themselves reap as big a reward. if not bigger, than the one I bust my hump for. I hope every one of these leeches contracted a severe case of the undercooked poultry shits and a stomach ache that rendered them even more useless than they normally are for a few days. Fuck them and fuck the people that feed them.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 08:54:57 PM by Pell City Tiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2008, 11:14:40 PM »
How many of this 30 million are professional mooches? My guess is the figure would be staggering, but not surprising to say the least.

The local news in Birmingham did a bit day before yesterday about a group of volunteers cooking and feeding a Thanksgiving meal for the needy. In order to avoid drawing the ire of some people, I'll not get into the ethnic difference between the eaters and servers. Suffice it to say the demographic was split evenly between the two, clearly divided by the serving line. The camera panned across the room at those shoveling in the grub and not one person, not one, looked older than 35 and they looked anything but needy. The reporter spent the minute to minute and a half of segment time bemoaning the fact that the economy was the cause of this increase of people being forced to eat at charity kitchens. When she said this, I said "bullshit" loud enough that my neighbors could hear. From my experience, the crowd looked no different than in holidays past where free food was being handed out. These people were the career unemployed.

It's this kind of shit that has jaded me to the point where I scream, "fuck charity." I know that probably makes me a bad person in the eyes of some, but this kind of shit is way different than feeding the homeless or the elderly. There was nothing at all about these people that led me to believe they were the victims of "the global economic crisis." The only thing they are the victim of is their own laziness and unwillingness to get off their dead asses and do something to earn a paycheck. Fuck, I'm so pissed off I can hardly type. I'm tired of busting my ass to succeed, only to see people who play the system and not lift a finger to help themselves reap as big a reward. if not bigger, than the one I bust my hump for. I hope every one of these leeches contracted a severe case of the undercooked poultry shits and a stomach ache that rendered them even more useless than they normally are for a few days. Fuck them and fuck the people that feed them.

Preach on, brother.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2008, 10:58:14 AM »
I want my 5 lbs of cheese.

Don't bust up on the cheese bitch. When I was at AU, my granny got that stuff and used to share. That was some of the best chess I ever had. A cheese sammich from a block of that was pure heaven. Leave the cheese alone.

I'm not even sure they give that out any more.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2008, 11:00:56 AM »
I hope every one of these leeches contracted a severe case of the undercooked poultry shits and a stomach ache that rendered them even more useless than they normally are for a few days. Fuck them and fuck the people that feed them.

There would be a lawsuit that they were served bad food and that they deserved chicken that was cooked properly...and the really really bad thing about it is...they would have a case...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2008, 08:13:06 AM »
Don't bust up on the cheese bitch. When I was at AU, my granny got that stuff and used to share. That was some of the best chess I ever had. A cheese sammich from a block of that was pure heaven. Leave the cheese alone.

I'm not even sure they give that out any more.

I can one up ya.  My father used to make me stand in the line to get it while he would drive around downtown Montgomery.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2008, 10:58:29 AM »
I can one up ya.  My father used to make me stand in the line to get it while he would drive around downtown Montgomery.   

How did yo manage that? Wasn't there some kinda proof you had to show? Or did you just stand there like a dirty little orphan and they gave it to you?

I need to know how to dress my kids when I try this.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.