Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Guitar purchase advice for my son

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
Re: Guitar purchase advice for my son
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2008, 07:17:40 PM »
So Glenn, if my son ever comes up to me and says he wants me to buy him WoW, I need to immediately get my son a prostitute to nip that in the bud right?
No, shake his hand when he does. It can also mean he wants to see some titties. When a guy gets flashed by a chick, he's said to have been "WOW'ed".

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2008, 02:40:20 PM »
Finally made a decision on a guitar and got one today. I decided to save my Best Buy certificates, as I accumulate more of them, for my next major electronics purchase.

I stopped by our local Railroad Bazaar today and luckily the guy working there was an older, more experienced player who also gives lessons. Having somebody there to help me pick something out was much better then trying to do that on my on. He made a couple of suggestions for a beginning young player like my son, and I went with this model:
http://www.jasmineguitars.com/S35.html

It was normally priced at $199, but they just lowered it to $119 because of a newer model they were going to start carrying. The sales guy said he actually bought one of these for his 8 year old grandson a few months ago. I am going to make my son use some of his Christmas money to buy a case. That way if he invests some of his own money into it, he will be more motivated to invest the proper amount of time into it also.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 02:41:44 PM by Ranger12 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2008, 03:02:51 PM »
It's a fun game. I play and have played for over 2 years, I just don't spend hours and hours and hours doing so. The really bad thing in that game is you can never really be great unless you spend a lot of time doing it. The guys that are the biggest bad asses in that game, probably have no life and live in their parents basement. I pllay because I like video games and haven't been able to buy a PS3 yet...BECAUSE MY EX-WIFE KEEPS TAKING ALL MY MONEY...

oops...did I say that out loud...

World of Warcraft....AND Dave Matthews. 

That closet must have gotten incredbly stuffy for you to bust out of it like you have today.  You're just all out there. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

chinook

« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2008, 03:20:24 PM »
World of Warcraft....AND Dave Matthews. 

That closet must have gotten incredbly stuffy for you to bust out of it like you have today.  You're just all out there. 

he recently got divorced.  starting to make sense.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2008, 03:34:15 PM »
he recently got divorced.  starting to make sense.

That explains it all. 

Should we have him a bachelor party?  I know I had a lot more fun at my second one!  (you know the one I had the night the divorce was final)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."