Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The Swoosh!

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: The Swoosh!
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2024, 09:05:15 AM »
In the Chinese sweatshops?

I would advise you guys to read the label on every brand of shoe next time you hit up Dick's or Academy......theyre all in China(or Vietnam or Mexico or Bangladesh) being made by cheap labor. And have been for a while. Most of the sweatshop propaganda from 20 years ago was involving India and Pakistan though, not China. But rest assured almost every major brand is using some sort of cheap or forced labor in Asia. It's hard to escape that. The only one that remotely makes any sliver of their shoe line in the USA is New Balance, and it isn't their athletic/performance lines.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2024, 09:58:21 AM »
UA shoes are trash.

That's my daughter's assessment of the UA basketball shoes, as well.  She hated, and refused to wear, Under Armour basketball shoes, even asking coaches on recruiting visits what kind of shoes they wear.   She tried UA shoes, and they would give her horrible shin splints.  For high school, her freshmen year, her school was an underarmour school, and the coach made her get a doctor's note to wear Nike shoes, but then make her cover up the Swoosh.

Personally, I don't like Nike shirts and sweatshirts, I think they shrink too much.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2024, 11:53:51 AM »
I would advise you guys to read the label on every brand of shoe next time you hit up Dick's or Academy......theyre all in China(or Vietnam or Mexico or Bangladesh) being made by cheap labor. And have been for a while. Most of the sweatshop propaganda from 20 years ago was involving India and Pakistan though, not China. But rest assured almost every major brand is using some sort of cheap or forced labor in Asia. It's hard to escape that. The only one that remotely makes any sliver of their shoe line in the USA is New Balance, and it isn't their athletic/performance lines.

Forced sweatshop labor coming soon to the USA!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2024, 11:55:45 AM »
That's my daughter's assessment of the UA basketball shoes, as well.  She hated, and refused to wear, Under Armour basketball shoes, even asking coaches on recruiting visits what kind of shoes they wear.   She tried UA shoes, and they would give her horrible shin splints.  For high school, her freshmen year, her school was an underarmour school, and the coach made her get a doctor's note to wear Nike shoes, but then make her cover up the Swoosh.

Personally, I don't like Nike shirts and sweatshirts, I think they shrink too much.

This.  They also don't hold color well.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2024, 02:10:05 PM »
This.  They also don't hold color well.

Why is it always about color with you people?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2024, 02:22:40 PM »
Why is it always about color with you people?

What do you mean, "you people"?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."