Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Life's Little Quirks

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Life's Little Quirks
« Reply #20 on: Today at 09:48:26 AM »
Sweet tea or unsweet? 

I heard someone say this the other day, and I thought, damn, I do this every time.  You get on a 2-lane road.  Speed limit is 45.  You're stuck behind somebody going 37....then 32....then 39....then 35.  You've gone a couple of miles and look in the rear view to see 12 cars closely lined up behind.

Do you slightly move over to let the cars behind you see that it's not you, but the car in front of you that's the dumbass holding everybody up?  I'll even do the frustrated hand gesture, so they're fully aware that I share their pain.

What's worse is it happening on a 4 lane interstate. Happens to me monthly on 85 between Lagrange and ATL. Two knuckleheads side by side going 57-58 in a 70. One speeds up a bit, then the other, then they do the same slowing back down. Almost like a coordinated effort to invoke road rage.

Then left lane person FINALLY gets over to the right in front of other right lane person, you start to go around them and then at that point, they decide to speed up to about 70-75 (in the right lane now), after sitting in the LEFT lane for 20 mins going 58.

These people are a special kind of stupid and oblivious. and I typically wish very cruel things upon them when they arrive to their destination....which may be a while at their rate of speed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

« Reply #21 on: Today at 09:51:15 AM »
Related to the idiots going slow on highways.....

When you see a cop, do you - SLAM the brakes (like a moron) or let off the gas slightly (if needed)? I do the latter. Although I use Waze and usually get pretty accurate heads up on cops.

Here is my rub with the brake slammers....they are almost ALWAYS going 70-72 anyway.....you are going the speed limit on most major interstates. There is ZERO need to slam your brakes to get down to 54 in a 70. That cop is more than likely looking for people excessively speeding (85 and over).

You think the cop is gonna come give you some good citizen award or some shit for doing that?? It's actually a danger to do it in heavy traffic.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #22 on: Today at 10:20:30 AM »
When you finally get around said slow person, do you crane your neck in an effort to see what kind of sub-human creature is in control of that vehicle, causing you so much pain and anguish?  Invariably, it's an 80 year old lady, with a death grip on that wheel with the 10 and 2.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #23 on: Today at 10:26:41 AM »
When you finally get around said slow person, do you crane your neck in an effort to see what kind of sub-human creature is in control of that vehicle, causing you so much pain and anguish?  Invariably, it's an 80 year old lady, with a death grip on that wheel with the 10 and 2.
Or a 20-something with their face buried in their phone
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #24 on: Today at 10:57:52 AM »

When you see a cop, do you - SLAM the brakes (like a moron) or let off the gas slightly (if needed)? I do the latter. Although I use Waze and usually get pretty accurate heads up on cops.

Here is my rub with the brake slammers....they are almost ALWAYS going 70-72 anyway.....you are going the speed limit on most major interstates. There is ZERO need to slam your brakes to get down to 54 in a 70. That cop is more than likely looking for people excessively speeding (85 and over).

You think the cop is gonna come give you some good citizen award or some shit for doing that?? It's actually a danger to do it in heavy traffic.
I have a special feature on my WAZE to alert me where Token has set up his radar. I have made numerous trips way out of my way in order to hurl a: “Fuck you, Cornbread!” and a double bird.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #25 on: Today at 11:44:26 AM »
Archie Bunker and Michael "Meathead" Stivik, got into a heated argument over:

Sock-Shoe-Sock-Shoe, or:

Sock-Sock-Shoe-Shoe?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #26 on: Today at 12:05:33 PM »

All of this infuriates me.   But worse? 

Two lane is going to narrow to one in a construction zone.  Signs begin warning of the merge two miles out.  Everybody gets over in an orderly fashion, but here comes dipwad flying up in the lane that's about to be closed and then trying to force his way into the line. 

Over the years I've blocked both lanes when I merge in.  I straddle the middle line and am almost willing to sacrifice my truck to prevent them from getting past me. 

Under no circumstances is somebody in the merging lane trying to get over at the point of merge going to get in front of me.  I will literally touch the bumper of the car in front of me so there is no sliver of daylight whatsoever.   You can get behind me, but you are NOT getting in here. No way, no how.

I despise anyone ahead of me who allows these morons into the lane.   

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

« Reply #27 on: Today at 12:13:54 PM »
All of this infuriates me.   But worse? 

Two lane is going to narrow to one in a construction zone.  Signs begin warning of the merge two miles out.  Everybody gets over in an orderly fashion, but here comes dipwad flying up in the lane that's about to be closed and then trying to force his way into the line. 

Over the years I've blocked both lanes when I merge in.  I straddle the middle line and am almost willing to sacrifice my truck to prevent them from getting past me. 

Under no circumstances is somebody in the merging lane trying to get over at the point of merge going to get in front of me.  I will literally touch the bumper of the car in front of me so there is no sliver of daylight whatsoever.   You can get behind me, but you are NOT getting in here. No way, no how.

I despise anyone ahead of me who allows these morons into the lane.

Yes...those people too. Every damn time. Fly around everyone like they are VIP status not having to wait in line or merge like the rest of us.

Probably the same dipshits that park right in the front at the Home Depot garden center or out front at Wal MART, like it's no big deal......... "yeahhh, I don't wanna park in the lot today. Think I'll just pull up front. In a fire lane. And just park and shop there."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE