Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

One Week to Spring Practice: Roster Check

jmar

Re: One Week to Spring Practice: Roster Check
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2024, 05:18:58 PM »

With Wes on this one although Hank isn't skiddish about standing in the pocket.
But I have to wonder if some of his success was due to just being uber prepared and sort of shocking everyone like that NM State dude did our defense.

I can see where White might be "the guy"  that last season was said of LSU's Nussmeier as Daniel's understudy.

Our own Patrick Nix was thrown in the fire and survived some rough outings as a recent example of taking your lumps.
I remember the bitching about his completion percentage.

Give me a mature Thorne who has to understand the value of developing chemistry with a new receiver group and with a more fortified offensive line to keep him from curling up in a ball.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Damn Six

• Pale Rider
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2024, 07:35:01 PM »
I'm just over here wondering who that person could even be.

It’s not you. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Buzz Killington,
No reactions
“If you're waitin' for a woman to make up her mind, you may have a long wait.” Preacher

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2024, 10:28:08 PM »
It’s not you.
He’s not exactly Sheckey Greene, you know. Oh, he thinks that he is.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

jmar

« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2024, 09:38:39 AM »
He’s not exactly Sheckey Greene, you know. Oh, he thinks that he is.
He's sort of a mix between Sheckey and the forgetable Jim Breuer which is hard to pull off in a small venue like the X.
I do think he makes gay people uncomfortable with his all too often gay references but maybe that's just one straight guy's opinion.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2024, 09:42:16 AM »
He's sort of a mix between Sheckey and the forgetable Jim Breuer which is hard to pull off in a small venue like the X.
I do think he makes gay people uncomfortable with his all too often gay references but maybe that's just one straight guy's opinion.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2024, 12:15:58 PM »
I’ll not stand aside and say nothing while you guys accuse Buzzy of not being the least funny on here. And just who did you get the straight guy opinion from, Mr. man?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2024, 05:46:01 PM »
Just a random reply that has no bearing on our roster.

In the way too early preseason polls, all obviously have Fuck Georgia #1.  I've seen Bama at #2, #4, and all the way down at #9.  The one that snuck up on me is Ole Miss.

ESPN #7

247 #6

USA Today #5
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2024, 05:54:03 PM »
Just a random reply that has no bearing on our roster.

In the way too early preseason polls, all obviously have Fuck Georgia #1.  I've seen Bama at #2, #4, and all the way down at #9.  The one that snuck up on me is Ole Miss.

ESPN #7

247 #6

USA Today #5

Love it.  They're sipping that Lane Juice (no canine).

That team is about to get lit up for four extra Ls.  They might beat bama, but they've been neglecting the rest of the scheduole.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2024, 09:20:04 AM »
The video on Cam Coleman going through drills is splooge-worthy.  He's one of those athletes that you'd walk on to the practice field and go, "Where's Cam Co....Oh, there he is."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2024, 12:46:41 PM »
 wondering if we can really put any stock into anything QB related. I think most of us are hoping for a new QB this season. I hate it for Thorne but it just is what it is. It’s not always the way that we want it to be.

CTEAU got the ever living fuck beaten out of him for 4 years, carried in the cones and blocking dummies to the field house, gathered up the nasty ass jocks and washed them, and do you think he got any NIL?

One time Coach Dye invited him over to his house on Saturday morning because he was having some players over. It turns out he wanted CTE to cut the grass and the players were coming over later that afternoon.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
Members reacted funny:
Snakebite,
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2024, 02:14:41 PM »
wondering if we can really put any stock into anything QB related. I think most of us are hoping for a new QB this season. I hate it for Thorne but it just is what it is. It’s not always the way that we want it to be.

CTEAU got the ever living fuck beaten out of him for 4 years, carried in the cones and blocking dummies to the field house, gathered up the nasty ass jocks and washed them, and do you think he got any NIL?

One time Coach Dye invited him over to his house on Saturday morning because he was having some players over. It turns out he wanted CTE to cut the grass and the players were coming over later that afternoon.

Your mama sure didn’t care much about your education. It shows.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2024, 02:55:49 PM »

If Thorne spent this off season working with some bona fide QB Guru, who specializes in removing one's head from one's ass, then we may be okay.  But since the season ended about 2 short months ago, I doubt that's the case. 

Errmagerd Gerrnerr has had limited action, but has done nothing in that time to impress.

HB24?  He had his one shining moment against Maryland's 10th string. 7 for 9 with 132 yards.

Walker White: Decent high school stats, but nothing eye popping for sure.  164-261 62%  2,660 yards 29/6. 

So what it comes down to, is we have a 4th year starter who has digressed every year of his career, who is not very accurate, and who stares down receivers to the tune of 10 interceptions last year.  Then, we have 3 QB's who have thrown a combined 27 passes in a college game.

In this day and age of portal free agency, I think U Free made a mistake by not nabbing one of the dozens who moved freely about the country. We shouldn't be going into year two with QB being maybe the biggest question mark, if not the weakest position on the field.

Maybe he sees that the light turned on for Thorne, or one of the others.  But, I don't have the feels right now. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2024, 03:10:11 PM »
Your mama sure didn’t care much about your education. It shows.
Don’t you be talkin’ bout my mama!

Yo mama wore a yellow raincoat out the other morning and 6 kids tried to jump on her for a ride to school.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2024, 03:37:30 PM »
If Thorne spent this off season working with some bona fide QB Guru, who specializes in removing one's head from one's ass, then we may be okay.  But since the season ended about 2 short months ago, I doubt that's the case. 

Errmagerd Gerrnerr has had limited action, but has done nothing in that time to impress.

HB24?  He had his one shining moment against Maryland's 10th string. 7 for 9 with 132 yards.

Walker White: Decent high school stats, but nothing eye popping for sure.  164-261 62%  2,660 yards 29/6. 

So what it comes down to, is we have a 4th year starter who has digressed every year of his career, who is not very accurate, and who stares down receivers to the tune of 10 interceptions last year.  Then, we have 3 QB's who have thrown a combined 27 passes in a college game.

In this day and age of portal free agency, I think U Free made a mistake by not nabbing one of the dozens who moved freely about the country. We shouldn't be going into year two with QB being maybe the biggest question mark, if not the weakest position on the field.

Maybe he sees that the light turned on for Thorne, or one of the others.  But, I don't have the feels right now.

Hank was a 70%+ passer in 7A HS ball. Beat Alabama’s best 7A team (Thompson) as a senior. He was the only competent looking QB in that bowl game, regardless of the defensive unit he was playing against. He saw the open man and didn’t get greedy. 7-9 for 132 yds I think.

Just have this terrible feeling that Hugh is going to keep trying to push Thorne, and we are going to pull our hair out with frustration because of it. At least with Hank, more patience would be extended at this point. Thorne is old enough to be Hank’s dad and still hasn’t figured the shit out.

I was a Thorne fan until I saw him play for Auburn.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2024, 03:54:38 PM »
Hank was a 70%+ passer in 7A HS ball. Beat Alabama’s best 7A team (Thompson) as a senior. He was the only competent looking QB in that bowl game, regardless of the defensive unit he was playing against. He saw the open man and didn’t get greedy. 7-9 for 132 yds I think.

Just have this terrible feeling that Hugh is going to keep trying to push Thorne, and we are going to pull our hair out with frustration because of it. At least with Hank, more patience would be extended at this point. Thorne is old enough to be Hank’s dad and still hasn’t figured the shit out.

Quite the feat by Hank, considering he played HS ball in Tennessee.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2024, 04:02:05 PM »
Quite the feat by Hank, considering he played HS ball in Tennessee.

They played each other on ESPNU, second game of the season. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2024, 04:17:49 PM »

My biggest concern is what I said above.  We’re going into the 2024 season with a guy who has gotten progressively worse each and every year, and 3 total unknowns. And honestly, looking good in mop up duty, in what’s akin to a Spring game at that that point, doesn’t do much for me.  Hell, I saw Neil Caudle go 19-21 in a Spring game and I thought he was the second coming of Roger Brett Staubach Brady Peyton Mahomes. He did hold for the MNC winning kick, though.

Understand, I’m not pulling against any of them.  Hank is 6’4”, had sick H.S. stats, looked good in mop up duty, and he’s a ginger.  Gotta’ pull for the guy.  I hope he steps up and blows everybody away, and the national media winds up asking where the hell this guy came from? But, he’s still a total unknown entity as far as playing at this level.  It just chafes my inner thighs that it seems everyone around us is going into the season with proven studs, and we have a Thorne, and a handful of hopefuls.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2024, 04:30:42 PM »
My biggest concern is what I said above.  We’re going into the 2024 season with a guy who has gotten progressively worse each and every year, and 3 total unknowns. And honestly, looking good in mop up duty, in what’s akin to a Spring game at that that point, doesn’t do much for me.  Hell, I saw Neil Caudle go 19-21 in a Spring game and I thought he was the second coming of Roger Brett Staubach Brady Peyton Mahomes. He did hold for the MNC winning kick, though.

Understand, I’m not pulling against any of them.  Hank is 6’4”, had sick H.S. stats, looked good in mop up duty, and he’s a ginger.  Gotta’ pull for the guy.  I hope he steps up and blows everybody away, and the national media winds up asking where the hell this guy came from? But, he’s still a total unknown entity as far as playing at this level.  It just chafes my inner thighs that it seems everyone around us is going into the season with proven studs, and we have a Thorne, and a handful of hopefuls.

I see what your saying, and in this transfer port hole world, there's really no reason for it.  This isn't the olden days in which we have to hope the next guy up is ready.  You can scour the market for a decent deal.  Just seems that Hugh is more focused on building a culture of loyalty and togetherness, being careful of his messaging to potential HS commitments at certain positions through his actions.  What's the point of committing to a school as a QB if they have a history of sourcing one annually for their "experience". 

I don't think Thorne has any draft stock, and his experience hasn't translated for shit. 

Just hoping/praying/crossing fingers that we let the best guy play.  Truly don't care who it is.  If that truly is Thorne, then I agree with you that we should have gone to the port hole. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2024, 05:28:37 PM »
I see what your saying, and in this transfer port hole world, there's really no reason for it.  This isn't the olden days in which we have to hope the next guy up is ready.  You can scour the market for a decent deal.  Just seems that Hugh is more focused on building a culture of loyalty and togetherness, being careful of his messaging to potential HS commitments at certain positions through his actions.  What's the point of committing to a school as a QB if they have a history of sourcing one annually for their "experience". 

I don't think Thorne has any draft stock, and his experience hasn't translated for shit. 

Just hoping/praying/crossing fingers that we let the best guy play.  Truly don't care who it is.  If that truly is Thorne, then I agree with you that we should have gone to the port hole.

I'm still going to stick to my theory that Freeze wasn't nearly involved in the minutiae as we would like to believe.  I think he let his offensive coaches make the decisions on personnel, scheming and play calling. It may have been Montgomery's call to play Thorne all along. I can see Freeze taking the reigns again this season.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2024, 07:46:38 PM »

You sure seem to like to talk about going to the port hole, a lot.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions