Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

AU Biesbols

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: AU Biesbols
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2024, 05:13:15 PM »
Good guys pick up the win in an early start due to the monsoon.

Nice!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2024, 02:12:10 PM »
13-3 now after traveling to Troy yesterday and take an 8-2 win.

SEC play starts Friday with a 3 game set against Vandy in Nashville. The Dores are 15-3 and ranked #10 in the USA Today Top 25.  Auburn sits at #19.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2024, 02:15:36 PM by Snaggletiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2024, 02:16:38 PM »
13-3 now after traveling to the Rocket City to take on Troy yesterday in the home of the Trash Pandas and take an 8-2 win.

SEC play starts Friday with a 3 game set against Vandy in Nashville.

Fixed.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2024, 02:30:02 PM »
Fixed.

Ah, my bad.  I just saw it wasn't at Planezmens Park and figured it was in Troy.  Odd for two teams about an hour away from each other to travel up there for a game. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2024, 03:18:34 PM »
Welp, the season went south in a hurry.  After 6 games against #9 Vandy and #1 Arkansas, the Tigers sit at 1-5. 15-8 overall.

After a mid-week game against Jacksonville State, it's right back in the grinder against #4 Texas A&M out in College Station. Yeesh!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2024, 03:38:17 PM »
We got them right where we want them.

Nobody comes into our house and takes 3-3 every series!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2024, 05:14:28 PM »
I hated getting swept by Vandy. Taking one of the 3 against Arkansas was meeting expectations. Expecting much of the same against A&M. We will gain confidence & competence as the season wears on and will be in the conversation by years end as one of the better teams in the SEC. It’s the Butch Thompson trend, and I’m okay with it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2024, 05:19:22 PM »
How is the Bass team doing this year?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2024, 05:24:51 PM »

Not sure. I'm a baritone.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2024, 08:13:19 AM »
Much better since they got that Bass-O-Matic 1973
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2024, 12:14:32 PM »
16-8 after putting a 10 run rule stoppage on Jacksonville State last night.  On to College Station.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2024, 03:28:43 PM »
Oh goodie, Tennessee comes in this weekend ranked #4. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2024, 07:40:48 PM »
bigger concern is why aren't we the feared team and ranked #4  ...shit needs to start changing.  we're getting eaten alive in league play. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Damn Six

• Pale Rider
« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2024, 07:46:57 PM »
bigger concern is why aren't we the feared team and ranked #4  ...shit needs to start changing.  we're getting eaten alive in league play.

I agree. The SEC is a monster but we should not be in last place.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
“If you're waitin' for a woman to make up her mind, you may have a long wait.” Preacher

« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2024, 09:37:11 PM »

Agreed. When bats are alive, pitching is subpar. When pitching is adequate, bats go cold. I still have faith we’ll find the right formula & catch our stride.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2024, 09:41:16 AM »
Agreed. When bats are alive, pitching is subpar. When pitching is adequate, bats go cold. I still have faith we’ll find the right formula & catch our stride.

It's like my golf game.  The last two times I played? First time out, my driver was on, consistently straight and long (don't say it).  My irons were really strong. But I could not putt at all. I three-putted 12 of 18 greens.  That's 36 freaking strokes. 

The next time? Zero three putts, I was knocking them in from everywhere. One putt on eight or nine holes.  But my drives? Shank left or an awful slice. Chunked irons. Skulled chips. 

It just never comes together.  I'm either on in two and three-putt or on in four and drain a 15-footer.   The score remains the same either way.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2024, 10:15:36 AM »
Oh goodie, Tennessee comes in this weekend ranked #4.
We did take one game. But that was an anomaly. We are in a bad place this year. I hope Butch has a plan moving forward next season. Because this season looks to be getting ugly.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2024, 10:20:21 AM »
We did take one game. But that was an anomaly. We are in a bad place this year. I hope Butch has a plan moving forward next season. Because this season looks to be getting ugly.

We have played, hands down, the toughest schedule in the nation.  Problem is, we're not really competitive.  A bunch of close games at A&M, but still allowed an ass load of runs. Our pitching is teh sux.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2024, 10:26:26 AM »
We have played, hands down, the toughest schedule in the nation.  Problem is, we're not really competitive.  A bunch of close games at A&M, but still allowed an ass load of runs. Our pitching is teh sux.
As I eluded to, we are about a season away IF we actually have a plan. I am not sure we have enough pitching on the way to make that move up to the next level.
If not, does that mean its on Butch? Or are we just a program that will remain at this level regardless of the coach? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2024, 10:30:58 AM »
We are in dire need of a full scholarship plan for the two diamond sports.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
CCTAU,
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.