Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

First NIL Casualty

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Re: First NIL Casualty
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2024, 05:47:34 AM »

it would be nice to see some posters go away like the chops and prowlers of the world ...looking at you.
How many pull ups do you think you can do off of my erect penis?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2024, 10:16:35 AM »
I bumpitty bump this to make an observation and axe a question.

The Legendary GOAT, and greatest human being of all time, Nick Saban, was on Crapitol Hill yesterday, in some round table discussion with Ted Cruz and players and officials from around college sports.  The discussion was mainly over NIL and how to possibly get a handle on it.

Recently, Saban openly admitted that the final straw in making his decision to retire, was when just after the season, the majority of players he talked to only wanted to know about playing time next season, and how much they were going to be paid. Why is nobody talking about this?

NIL simply means a player can earn money on their own by securing sponsorships, doing commercials, signing autographs, selling their own merch, or just plain negotiating to receive a certain amount from these collectives.  The reality is, the collectives are nothing more than the concept of the "bag man" becoming legal.  It goes against the spirit of why NIL was created, but since nobody made a rule against it, we're gonna' do it until somebody stops us.

Having said that, there are rules against any of that being run or directed through the athletic departments.  The collectives are not supposed to be under the control of coaches, administrators etc. In fact, go back to the start of this very thread, which points out that FSU gets nailed for an assistant coach simply driving a player to meet with someone about collective money. Did the rules change?  Did I miss something? If not....

then why were players going to Nick Saban to find out what kind of cash they were going to be making? What the hell does the head coach have to do with your NIL money?  Nothing, right?  I'm not trying to act naive here. I understand how it works.  But, jimminy crickets, the man is openly admitting they're breaking every rule in the book, and nobody gives a frick.  And FSU gets popped for an Uber lift.   

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
WiregrassTiger,
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2024, 11:01:00 AM »
He's pissy because everyone can now do openly what he's been doing clandestinely.  Fuck him and his righteous indignation.  You get paid $10MM a year?  It's your fucking job to figure out how to manage the roster and payroll now. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
WiregrassTiger,
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2024, 11:22:05 AM »
He's pissy because everyone can now do openly what he's been doing clandestinely.  Fuck him and his righteous indignation.  You get paid $10MM a year?  It's your fucking job to figure out how to manage the roster and payroll now.

Yep, and I think he was at least smart enough to know his reputation was about to be somewhat tarnished when 2 losses a year, became 3 and 4 losses as the norm.

But the bolded above is my issue.  You CAN'T be involved in payroll.  The NCAA doesn't have many enforceable rules anymore, but it's pretty damn clear that coaches aren't allowed to be involved in directing collective money.  He just told the whole world that he was.  And instead of anyone giving two shits that he admitted to cheatin' his ass off, he gets invited to D.C. to be one of the leading experts on the subject.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."