Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Thank Gawd For 12

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Re: Thank Gawd For 12
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2023, 03:57:27 PM »
Well the Florida Attorney General is moving toward filing suit against the College Football Playoff Selection Committee.  At first, I think most will roll their eyes.  Grandstanding by an AG that will be up for re-election?  Does the AG have standing to bring it?  Would a Court even hear it, or toss it to the curb?  And why do we need lawsuits in our favorite sport?

However, I think I'd like to see what might come of it.  The AG is saying they want all communications, emails, texts etc.  In other words, transparency.  As has been said countless times in the last week and a half, it looks like, walks like, and quacks like the proverbial duck. A thousand inconsistencies in the way they arrived at the four. 

College football is a monster.  Billions and billions of $$$ flowing through it.  Ask ESPN which match up would make them more millions?

Michigan vs. Mike Norvel, FSU and a 2nd string QB, or...

Jim Harbaugh vs. Nick Saban

I'm not a conspiracy theorist.  But, if you don't think there's a distinct possibility that there was a little influence going on with that much money on the line....

Could be interesting.

What is the cause of action?  Promissory estoppel?  Detrimental Reliance?  Meeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhh.

What little I can glean on the CFP is that it's owned by BCS Properties, LLC,  and pretty much does whatever it wants.

So, unless there is  some right of action arising out of the Membership Agreement that the schools have to sign, I think FL can get fucked.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2023, 04:10:47 PM »
What is the cause of action?  Promissory estoppel?  Detrimental Reliance?  Meeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhh.

What little I can glean on the CFP is that it's owned by BCS Properties, LLC,  and pretty much does whatever it wants.

So, unless there is  some right of action arising out of the Membership Agreement that the schools have to sign, I think FL can get fucked.

Might could spin a collusion claim if there were some back room dealings to get the most lucrative match up for ESPN.  I'm not really looking for a cause of action, and can't see it going places.  I just know the committee's decision cost FSU untold millions, and further enhanced the hell out of our bigggest rival.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2023, 04:25:49 PM »
Might could spin a collusion claim if there were some back room dealings to get the most lucrative match up for ESPN.  I'm not really looking for a cause of action, and can't see it going places.  I just know the committee's decision cost FSU untold millions, and further enhanced the hell out of our bigggest rival.

You'd need to either couple it with a claim of fraud committed against FSU or an agreement for some illegal act.

I don't think this is anywhere close to that.

I think ESPN would be considered an intended third-party beneficiary of whatever agreement is controlling here, and their best interests would be validly addressed by the primary parties.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2023, 05:15:17 PM »
You'd need to either couple it with a claim of fraud committed against FSU or an agreement for some illegal act.

I don't think this is anywhere close to that.

I think ESPN would be considered an intended third-party beneficiary of whatever agreement is controlling here, and their best interests would be validly addressed by the primary parties.

I am so hot for you right now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

War Damn Six

• Pale Rider
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2023, 08:29:37 PM »
Well the Florida Attorney General is moving toward filing suit against the College Football Playoff Selection Committee.  At first, I think most will roll their eyes.  Grandstanding by an AG that will be up for re-election?  Does the AG have standing to bring it?  Would a Court even hear it, or toss it to the curb?  And why do we need lawsuits in our favorite sport?

However, I think I'd like to see what might come of it.  The AG is saying they want all communications, emails, texts etc.  In other words, transparency.  As has been said countless times in the last week and a half, it looks like, walks like, and quacks like the proverbial duck. A thousand inconsistencies in the way they arrived at the four. 

College football is a monster.  Billions and billions of $$$ flowing through it.  Ask ESPN which match up would make them more millions?

Michigan vs. Mike Norvel, FSU and a 2nd string QB, or...

Jim Harbaugh vs. Nick Saban

I'm not a conspiracy theorist.  But, if you don't think there's a distinct possibility that there was a little influence going on with that much money on the line....

Could be interesting.

I don’t hate it but I think government should be more concerned with other issues.   

Side note, has someone hired you to post here?  Are these billable hours?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
“If you're waitin' for a woman to make up her mind, you may have a long wait.” Preacher

War Damn Six

• Pale Rider
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2023, 08:47:53 PM »

Lawyer talk, lawyer talk.   

Speak American please.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
“If you're waitin' for a woman to make up her mind, you may have a long wait.” Preacher

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2023, 09:43:05 AM »
I don’t hate it but I think government should be more concerned with other issues.   

Side note, has someone hired you to post here?  Are these billable hours?

Alright, I got something to say

It's better to burn out, than fade away
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions