Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Carousel Season is Upon Us!

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: Carousel Season is Upon Us!
« Reply #220 on: January 09, 2024, 07:53:41 AM »
I realize I'm the only one standing over here looking at the alarm bells, and I'm okay with that. 

But a good coach doesn't dump both coordinators in his first season.  That reeks of poor judgment (bad hires) and is not something that should generate any confidence.  If you're stepping into a high profile job, one that comes with high expectations, scrutiny, and demands -- one that pays millions -- you don't start by making two piss poor hires at your most important positions.

Yeah, we wanted them gone because the product on the field was inconsistent and at times putrid.  But that falls on a beaver who, for some reason, seems immune from accountability.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

jmar

« Reply #221 on: January 09, 2024, 08:53:33 AM »
I realize I'm the only one standing over here looking at the alarm bells, and I'm okay with that. 

But a good coach doesn't dump both coordinators in his first season.  That reeks of poor judgment (bad hires) and is not something that should generate any confidence.  If you're stepping into a high profile job, one that comes with high expectations, scrutiny, and demands -- one that pays millions -- you don't start by making two piss poor hires at your most important positions.

Yeah, we wanted them gone because the product on the field was inconsistent and at times putrid.  But that falls on a beaver who, for some reason, seems immune from accountability.   
Saw where Freeze said he didn't think he did a good job and I agree with you. There might be some internal squabbles but he has to manage that to build some continuity.

The defense was good for the most part. Created as many turnovers as we have seen in a while.
Offense was mostly absent in response.

I'm critical because there's a pecking order in the SEC West and there's so little room for excuses.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #222 on: January 09, 2024, 09:34:58 AM »

kaos, you're not wrong [probably]. embarrassing, it took 2 minutes in the bowl game to firm my mid season doubts about Hugh. doubts, is he the future of Auburn football?  can we be competitive year after year with our long standing rivals and new comers? i don't necessarily need or want  a championship. show me good quality football in game plans and athletes.  i saw ass this season but, but we almost be Bama.  you know what we didn't.  the muff punt was not just the player ...it's about coaching.  4 and 31 ...shit should have never happened.  but we didn't have Hugh's players ...how many times have we heard that, said that and look at us now?. 

my enthusiasm has been tamed tremendously.  outlook ...not sure but it's definitely different than september 2nd. 

« Last Edit: January 09, 2024, 11:22:20 AM by chinook »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #223 on: January 09, 2024, 09:59:11 AM »
Yes. We are doomed. There is nothing to live for....

PM was supposed to run the offense so CHF could recruit and manage the team. It was obvious that he could not do the job at the SEC level. He had to go.

Roberts did a fine job with the the coaching. However, it seams he is not a very easy person to get along with. And he has not reached the level that he can treat people like crap and get away with it. That is why McGriff left. And that is why K. Scott was leaving. So he wasn't a bad hire from an X and O perspective. But he turned out to be a bad fit culturally. It happens. You hope it doesn't happen your first year along with the other guy getting canned. But you have to make the tough choices. We will probably see a couple of more leave.
Is it ideal? Not at all. And make no mistake, the shithole AU had become, coaches were not lined up to get on board.
I'm not sure who will be the new DC, but there are some good coaches surrounding whomever it may be.

Very few coaches are surefire hires these days. We have a couple more seasons to see how this one will turn out. If CHF keeps getting the recruits, we should be OK. And if not, the next guy will at least be loaded.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #224 on: January 09, 2024, 10:48:07 AM »

PM was supposed to run the offense so CHF could recruit and manage the team. It was obvious that he could not do the job at the SEC level. He had to go.

Roberts did a fine job with the the coaching. However, it seams he is not a very easy person to get along with. And he has not reached the level that he can treat people like crap and get away with it. That is why McGriff left. And that is why K. Scott was leaving. So he wasn't a bad hire from an X and O perspective. But he turned out to be a bad fit culturally. It happens. You hope it doesn't happen your first year along with the other guy getting canned. But you have to make the tough choices. We will probably see a couple of more leave.
Is it ideal? Not at all. And make no mistake, the shithole AU had become, coaches were not lined up to get on board.
I'm not sure who will be the new DC, but there are some good coaches surrounding whomever it may be.

Very few coaches are surefire hires these days. We have a couple more seasons to see how this one will turn out. If CHF keeps getting the recruits, we should be OK. And if not, the next guy will at least be loaded.

If you make $60,000 as the HR Manager for the local Arby's franchise, you can hire a couple of people who don't work out. 

If you're making $6.5 million as the CEO of a Fortune 500 level company?  You can't screw up hiring the COO and CFO to the point you have to whack both in the first year.  Not a cultural fit, bad attitude?  You have to do due diligence and know that ahead of time.  Unable to do the job?  That guy has to be vetted. You can't be blindsided by that. 

I'm not pressing the button or ringing the bell, but....   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #225 on: January 09, 2024, 10:48:49 AM »

Goddamit.  I'm agreeing with all of this.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #226 on: January 09, 2024, 11:55:19 AM »
Letting Montgomery go was a no-brainer, and I think most would really question Free if he didn't pull the plug. It will be interesting to see if CHF takes over the offense, or gives the new OC the reigns.

Roberts, I have no clue.  I thought he did a decent job with less than stellar overall talent. DB's were really good, but not much else. Defensively, Auburn was squarely in the middle of the pack, at 7th, allowing 22.6 points a game.  I'd have to go with, as some have suggested, there were some serious personality conflicts going on. I think the fact that Florida snapped him up (See what I did there?) points to the issue not being one of teh corchings.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #227 on: January 09, 2024, 12:26:45 PM »
Letting Montgomery go was a no-brainer, and I think most would really question Free if he didn't pull the plug. It will be interesting to see if CHF takes over the offense, or gives the new OC the reigns.

Roberts, I have no clue.  I thought he did a decent job with less than stellar overall talent. DB's were really good, but not much else. Defensively, Auburn was squarely in the middle of the pack, at 7th, allowing 22.6 points a game.  I'd have to go with, as some have suggested, there were some serious personality conflicts going on. I think the fact that Florida snapped him up (See what I did there?) points to the issue not being one of teh corchings.
I don’t think that one play was the deciding factor but I almost think it was. It certainly was a factor. If 4th and 31 wasn’t completed and we had sent an extra guy to have SOME kind of QB pressure? ANY kind of pressure? Would he have kept his job?

I think it was that big of a play for Auburn. I actually think he may still be here, so, it actually may have come down to one play.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #228 on: January 09, 2024, 12:36:08 PM »
I don’t think that one play was the deciding factor but I almost think it was. It certainly was a factor. If 4th and 31 wasn’t completed and we had sent an extra guy to have SOME kind of QB pressure? ANY kind of pressure? Would he have kept his job?

I think it was that big of a play for Auburn. I actually think he may still be here, so, it actually may have come down to one play.

May have been the unforgiveable sin.  Looks like CHF kept them both on board through the Bowl season for continuity.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
WiregrassTiger,
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #229 on: January 09, 2024, 12:38:51 PM »

Mumblings of borderline verbal abuse towards players & coaches have circulated the interwebz. Apparently, there’s some validity to Aranda firing him from Baylor, and Aranda was on record saying that large egos were creating a toxic environment in the locker room. Upon Roberts hiring, we brushed those comments off as Auburn fans and pointed a finger at Aranda for passing the blame to save himself for another season.

I hate losing his defense. Was fun to watch most of the time (minus the 3rd/4th and long abominations). Hopefully we can keep some of those exotic pressures moving forward with whoever takes over.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
WiregrassTiger,
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #230 on: January 09, 2024, 02:00:35 PM »

Mumblings of borderline verbal abuse towards players & coaches have circulated the interwebz. Apparently, there’s some validity to Aranda firing him from Baylor, and Aranda was on record saying that large egos were creating a toxic environment in the locker room. Upon Roberts hiring, we brushed those comments off as Auburn fans and pointed a finger at Aranda for passing the blame to save himself for another season.

I hate losing his defense. Was fun to watch most of the time (minus the 3rd/4th and long abominations). Hopefully we can keep some of those exotic pressures moving forward with whoever takes over.

He cost us McGriff and almost K.Scott. However, Asante loved the guy.

Now it will be interesting to see who becomes the DC. An outside guy, or Kelly.

And CHF has already announced HE will be calling the plays next season.
friendly
funny
dislike
Members reacted friendly:
WiregrassTiger,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #231 on: January 09, 2024, 02:01:11 PM »
al.communist today:

Freeze to take over playcalling duties in the wake of Montgomery's departure

Oh, FFS. 

This shit again? 

I'm trying to stay out of it but this is just the same recycled horse manure we've already been fed. It didn't taste good then.  You cannot be a truly powerful program if your CEO cannot delegate and hire people to do the job.  Doing it yourself because you either don't trust or can't hire?  That's mom and pop shop level.   

friendly
funny
dislike
Members reacted friendly:
WiregrassTiger,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #232 on: January 09, 2024, 02:10:58 PM »
al.communist today:

Freeze to take over playcalling duties in the wake of Montgomery's departure

Oh, FFS. 

This shit again? 

I'm trying to stay out of it but this is just the same recycled horse manure we've already been fed. It didn't taste good then.  You cannot be a truly powerful program if your CEO cannot delegate and hire people to do the job.  Doing it yourself because you either don't trust or can't hire?  That's mom and pop shop level.

We get it, your taint is raw. You say you're done, but you can't help yourself.
Sit back and enjoy the ride. It will be the wildest you have ever had, or it will be the mini roller coaster for toddlers. However, the ride will happen, with or without you...or me. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #233 on: January 09, 2024, 02:29:19 PM »
Sit back and enjoy the ride. It will be the wildest you have ever had, or it will be the mini roller coaster for toddlers. However, the ride will happen, with or without you...or me.

K is paying attention and cares, much like a lawyer I know. We know if Hugh starts winning, he won’t admit to being wrong… but he will continue paying attention and caring. That’s a win in my book. 

Year 1 is not a fair barometer to judge what we have. He is saying the right things, is overly candid in what he says, and has backed up every claim he has made in regards to recruiting. He has a history of winning more than he loses wherever he has been, at every level of competition. I still have faith he will do that here. However, if I see the job handed to Thorne without a chance of competition, I think my head will explode. Dude is ass.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #234 on: January 09, 2024, 02:29:35 PM »
al.communist today:

Oh, FFS. 

This shit again? 

PTSD sucks but a legal excuse for some puff puff...puff puff pass...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #235 on: January 09, 2024, 02:43:04 PM »

Goddammit, man.  That's twice in one day.

I'm going to urgent care.

PTSD sucks but a legal excuse for some puff puff...puff puff pass...

Nevermind, simp comes through with the clutch suggestion.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Snakebite,
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #236 on: January 09, 2024, 02:47:23 PM »

Rushing two on 4th & 31 was all I needed to see! Its crazy how life works, Buzz has been rushing the ladies with a solid 2 and hes in pre-med.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
WiregrassTiger,
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #237 on: January 09, 2024, 03:11:36 PM »

K is paying attention and cares, much like a lawyer I know. We know if Hugh starts winning, he won’t admit to being wrong… but he will continue paying attention and caring. That’s a win in my book. 

Year 1 is not a fair barometer to judge what we have. He is saying the right things, is overly candid in what he says, and has backed up every claim he has made in regards to recruiting. He has a history of winning more than he loses wherever he has been, at every level of competition. I still have faith he will do that here. However, if I see the job handed to Thorne without a chance of competition, I think my head will explode. Dude is ass.

I have no issue saying I was wrong when it happens. When it rarely happens. 

I said I was wrong about Chizik before it turned out I was right to begin with. 

It’s important to note here that my complaints and alarms are not about the record.  Eight wins was about the max I expected.  Six is meh.  Any half way decent coach could have gotten that team to six if all they did was smoke weed in the office all day. 

My problems with the beaver are leadership and organizational. And that?  Yeah. You can absolutely 1000% judge that based on one year.  The mistakes he’s making, the lack of personal accountability (other than lip service), and the failures in leadership are characteristics, not blips. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #238 on: January 09, 2024, 03:21:09 PM »
The Buc'ee's in Auburn is the bomb.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #239 on: January 09, 2024, 03:24:35 PM »
Rushing two on 4th & 31 was all I needed to see! Its crazy how life works, Buzz has been rushing the ladies with a solid 2 and hes in pre-med.
60% of the time it works every time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.