Oh, crumpled bits of paper
Filled with imperfect thought
Stilted conversations
I'm afraid that's all we've got

So we open up a quarrel
Between the present and the past
We only sacrifice the future
It's the bitterness that lasts

- Written by two Gen Xers about how they didn't relate to their fathers (Boomers) and they wished they had.

Mike Rutherford is 73 goddamned years old.  He's not Gen X, he's a goddamned boomer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
GH2001,
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: The Death of America
« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2023, 09:34:46 AM »
Every generation
Blames the one before
And all of their frustrations
Come beating on your door

Oh, crumpled bits of paper
Filled with imperfect thought
Stilted conversations
I'm afraid that's all we've got

So we open up a quarrel
Between the present and the past
We only sacrifice the future
It's the bitterness that lasts

- Written by two Gen Xers about how they didn't relate to their fathers (Boomers) and they wished they had.

Appreciate the sentiment but Mike Rutherford is not a Gen X'er, and his dad was a WW2 era Greatest Gen member. Mike has to be in his 70's now. The Boomer - Greatest Gen dynamic was a weird one. The hippies of the late 60's clashing with the WW2/Korean vets.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2023, 09:35:26 AM »
Mike Rutherford is 73 goddamned years old.  He's not Gen X, he's a goddamned boomer.

Damn, you beat me to it Weskie.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2023, 09:37:50 AM »
Boomers
Gen-X
Gen-Z
Millennials

Fucking stupid!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

chinook

« Reply #44 on: November 10, 2023, 10:33:09 AM »
every generation helped elect Trump. Every demographic. Every race, income bracket, education level and people from the other side that were more pro-union. That same generation also brought us the modern left, and hippies.

do not dislike them all - just a big bulk of them are absolutely insufferable. Ie - boomers in my neighborhood complain about speeders and dogs pooping in their yards....turns out, boomers are the ones speeding and letting dogs poop in yards. The same exact people. They are all retired and bored so I guess they sit around and come up with this shit. The same way they do revisionist stories of days past.... I dunno. It's just annoying.

I have a huge respect though for the one before them....the greatest generation.

and no not every demographic by age carried Trump in '16 or '20

if you have disdain for someone complaining about dog poop in the yard i feel sorry for you.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #45 on: November 10, 2023, 10:36:48 AM »
Boomers
Gen-X
Gen-Z
Millennials

Fucking stupid!

You need to find your center and realign your chi, sir.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2023, 10:56:13 AM »

He only wrote the music (if you believe the hype). B.A. Anderson wrote the lyrics. He's 67. Old Gen X but he's Gen X. All that depends on which list you look at. As usual, nice deflection. Who was what generation wasn't the point. The point was in the words.

Also, Mike Rutherford - no one would know who he was if Phil Collins didn't carry his bum ass for decades.

ISWIS
« Last Edit: November 10, 2023, 11:15:44 AM by The Six »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

GH2001

« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2023, 11:11:37 AM »
and no not every demographic by age carried Trump in '16 or '20

if you have disdain for someone complaining about dog poop in the yard i feel sorry for you.

They didn't carry Trump, but they contributed more than they normally would to a GOP Nominee, to Trump - Union, Dems, Blacks, Hispanics.

Shocker, annoying people annoy people. Call it venting but when you see and hear it all day every day, yeah it's aggravating. And unneeded. They are bored, sad people. Watching them on the Faces of Book is downright comical, especially when they leave ALL CAPS on, yelling at the clouds but anywho..... Kerryon....
« Last Edit: November 10, 2023, 11:19:08 AM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

« Reply #48 on: November 10, 2023, 11:17:41 AM »
He only wrote the music. B.A. Anderson wrote the lyrics. He's 67. Old Gen X but he's Gen X. All that depends on which list you look at. As usual, nice deflection. Who was what generation wasn't the point. The point was in the words.

Also, Mike Rutherford - no one would know who he was if Phil Collins didn't carry his bum ass for decades.

ISWIS

Born in 1956 is a boomer my dude...Gen X only spans 1965-80 by most accounts. I think it's noteworthy because of what I said above - with the past dynamic of Boomers and the Silent/Greatest Gen.  That was the relationship he and Rutherford had with their dads that prompted the song. I had a better relationship with my grandparents, than my parents had with them growing up. I saw that dynamic live and in person play out. Sad really, when they die. I see your point though.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

chinook

« Reply #49 on: November 10, 2023, 11:42:07 AM »
They didn't carry Trump, but they contributed more than they normally would to a GOP Nominee, to Trump - Union, Dems, Blacks, Hispanics.

Shocker, annoying people annoy people. Call it venting but when you see and hear it all day every day, yeah it's aggravating. And unneeded. They are bored, sad people. Watching them on the Faces of Book is downright comical, especially when they leave ALL CAPS on, yelling at the clouds but anywho..... Kerryon....

by age the baby boomer did carry Trump with out that vote you would had Hillary for 8 years.

so I get to hear a GenX complain about baby boomers.  got it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #50 on: November 10, 2023, 12:01:41 PM »
by age the baby boomer did carry Trump with out that vote you would had Hillary for 8 years.

so I get to hear a GenX complain about baby boomers.  got it.

my view of this particular use case is from an HOA lens for context....I am on the HOA board and a contact for things. When I get blown up constantly while in the middle of meetings and work, over the stupidest shit like that, and then pull camera footage only to find out they are gaslighting themselves in a circle, completely wasting my time....and its only these people? Yeah, I'll complain some.

At the end of the day, if this isn't happening, you wouldn't see me complain. Root cause analysis here. But not sure why it rustles you so much.... Like the other thread, this isn't a hill I will die on. I won't post any bad things about boomers, to spare this argument. Everyone has different perspectives in their daily. Ive never had an issue with you before and still have no issue with you personally. Agree to disagree here.

Again, Kerryon...back to the regulary scheduled death of America
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

chinook

« Reply #51 on: November 10, 2023, 12:37:52 PM »
my view of this particular use case is from an HOA lens for context....I am on the HOA board and a contact for things. When I get blown up constantly while in the middle of meetings and work, over the stupidest shit like that, and then pull camera footage only to find out they are gaslighting themselves in a circle, completely wasting my time....and its only these people? Yeah, I'll complain some.

At the end of the day, if this isn't happening, you wouldn't see me complain. Root cause analysis here. But not sure why it rustles you so much.... Like the other thread, this isn't a hill I will die on. I won't post any bad things about boomers, to spare this argument. Everyone has different perspectives in their daily. Ive never had an issue with you before and still have no issue with you personally. Agree to disagree here.

Again, Kerryon...back to the regulary scheduled death of America

oh ok. just make sure you get all the sand out of your vagina the next time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #52 on: November 10, 2023, 01:05:14 PM »
oh ok. just make sure you get all the sand out of your vagina the next time.

only if you reopen NHOP.

oh, and being the good Gen X'er I know you are, shouldn't you be visiting the Goonies coastline up there? I sure as hell would be. Wasn't it actually filmed in Astoria?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

chinook

« Reply #53 on: November 10, 2023, 03:55:22 PM »
only if you reopen NHOP.

oh, and being the good Gen X'er I know you are, shouldn't you be visiting the Goonies coastline up there? I sure as hell would be. Wasn't it actually filmed in Astoria?

for sure plenty of filming in Astoria (the house, the jail, among others) and filmed as far south as Cannon Beach. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
GH2001,
No reactions