Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The Death of America

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: The Death of America
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2023, 09:50:35 AM »
I think you're maybe not listening to the youth.  The opposite of this is quite literally the source of much of their consternation.

^
Uninformed. 

There's a sense of entitlement like nothing I've ever seen before. 

They "deserve" jobs where they can work from home at least half the time, work fewer than 30 hours a week (because they need 'down time'), have unlimited PTO, and make at least $75,000 a year.  They can't be criticized because they're too fragile to take it. Things like accountability, performance-based or merit-based pay - or even showing up on time - are antiquated colonial constructs.

And that circles back to the death of the American small town where parents passed down their work ethic, morals, values, and beliefs to their children.  It speaks to the death of the nuclear family that was lost as the small towns died.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2023, 09:53:29 AM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2023, 10:23:59 AM »
^
Uninformed. 

There's a sense of entitlement like nothing I've ever seen before. 

They "deserve" jobs where they can work from home at least half the time, work fewer than 30 hours a week (because they need 'down time'), have unlimited PTO, and make at least $75,000 a year.  They can't be criticized because they're too fragile to take it. Things like accountability, performance-based or merit-based pay - or even showing up on time - are antiquated colonial constructs.

And that circles back to the death of the American small town where parents passed down their work ethic, morals, values, and beliefs to their children.  It speaks to the death of the nuclear family that was lost as the small towns died.
Tell him to try that in a small town, k. I would tell him but he refuses to interact and it usually just ends up making me cry.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2023, 11:54:14 AM »
I think you're maybe not listening to the youth.  The opposite of this is quite literally the source of much of their consternation.

expound further.

either you make no sense or misunderstood my point.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2023, 12:00:02 PM »
I take Metamucil every morning for my consternation.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2023, 12:10:17 PM »
expound further.

either you make no sense or misunderstood my point.

The inability to participate meaningful in the accumulation of personal wealth is grinding their asses.   They can't afford a home, wages aren't keeping pace with pricing...they're pissed at everyone pulling the ladder up behind them and offering nothing but bootstrap platitudes and bullshit nostalgia about how you could go to the movies for a nickel in their day.

They're very aware of the inability to grow money on a tree.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2023, 12:12:51 PM »
The inability to participate meaningful in the accumulation of personal wealth is grinding their asses.   They can't afford a home, wages aren't keeping pace with pricing...they're pissed at everyone pulling the ladder up behind them and offering nothing but bootstrap platitudes and bullshit nostalgia about how you could go to the movies for a nickel in their day.

Proof that you know zero youth. 

They're pissed that they aren't simply handed what they haven't earned and unwilling to take the lumps to learn it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2023, 01:45:30 PM »

We know different youth then.

For what it's worth? I have a huge amount of disdain for a large chunk of Boomers (64-78 age range) and their glorified, distorted memories of "yesteryear". Actually if you look at the biggest group who has caused the most damage in their positions of power thus far? Its them. Clinton, W, Hillary and the rest of that generations ilk that has been monkeying up monetary and domestic policy for decades.

Although millennials are catching them quickly. There is a generation and a half between those two that dislike them both and for good reason. 90+% of this board falls in that category.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2023, 01:48:44 PM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2023, 01:58:00 PM »

For what it's worth? I have a huge amount of disdain for a large chunk of Boomers (64-78 age range) and their glorified, distorted memories of "yesteryear". Actually if you look at the biggest group who has caused the most damage in their positions of power thus far? Its them. Clinton, W, Hillary and the rest of that generations ilk that has been monkeying up monetary and domestic policy for decades.

Although millennials are catching them quickly. There is a generation and a half between those two that dislike them both and for good reason. 90+% of this board falls in that category.
I don’t know exactly what the official names for: K, Snags, CTE or JMAR. It’s probably different generations but you can just lump them all together and call them antique. K is 80 something but he’s pretty horny.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2023, 02:01:20 PM »
Reading this thread fills me with a strong desire to taste the barrel of my 12 gauge single shot...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2023, 02:15:21 PM »
Reading this thread fills me with a strong desire to taste the barrel of my 12 gauge single shot...

Whoa there, young man.  It ain't ever that bad. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2023, 02:32:36 PM »
I agree that most of these guys are really bad posters but damn.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2023, 02:47:49 PM »

What Snags said. Too much to offer this world, the lot of ya.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2023, 02:58:20 PM »

Sautéed with garlic and butter, topped off with a dash of salt and pepper? Maybe encased in a fluffy biscuit?  Might be palatable.  But it’s gonna hurt when you shit that out.  Forewarned. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2023, 03:02:10 PM »
I think there are way too many broad brushes being used in this discussion.  And I hate all the labeling of “generations”…Boomers, Millennials, Gen-X, as if everybody that falls within a particular age group, thinks and acts a certain way. They don’t.  Everybody has different life experiences that shape how they approach everything from jobs, to relationships etc. I’ve got two kids who are polar opposites in the way they approach those things.  At my firm, we’ve had way too much turnover in the last few years.  As a result, we have interviewed quite a few applicants, both young and old. We’ve hired and fired quite a few as well.  We’ve seen extreme entitlement.  We’ve seen super aggressive employees.  We’ve seen F’n sorriness. That goes for all age groups.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2023, 03:21:05 PM by Snaggletiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
Members reacted friendly:
Snakebite,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2023, 03:30:24 PM »
I think there are way too many broad brushes being used in this discussion.  And I hate all the labeling of “generations”…Boomers, Millennials, Gen-X, as if everybody that falls within a particular age group, thinks and acts a certain way.

Most do dipstick. Try and keep up else you'll be labeled a boomer. Youve been warned old man.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2023, 04:20:38 PM »
Most do dipstick. Try and keep up else you'll be labeled a boomer. Youve been warned old man.

I'll X your whole generation out.

Bitch!

God, I love this social media thing.  It empowers me, and I feel like a man again. I can even talk to a mechanic without tearing up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2023, 08:40:10 PM »

why do you hate your parents?
the generation you disdain above you, right or wrong, helped elect Trump in '16 and will do so in '24.  carried the majority of the electorate for Trump in '20

you should be thanking them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
CCTAU,
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2023, 06:55:11 AM »
Every generation
Blames the one before
And all of their frustrations
Come beating on your door

Oh, crumpled bits of paper
Filled with imperfect thought
Stilted conversations
I'm afraid that's all we've got

So we open up a quarrel
Between the present and the past
We only sacrifice the future
It's the bitterness that lasts

- Written by two Gen Xers about how they didn't relate to their fathers (Boomers) and they wished they had.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2023, 07:00:47 AM by The Six »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

chinook

« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2023, 07:58:40 AM »
Every generation
Blames the one before
And all of their frustrations
Come beating on your door

Oh, crumpled bits of paper
Filled with imperfect thought
Stilted conversations
I'm afraid that's all we've got

So we open up a quarrel
Between the present and the past
We only sacrifice the future
It's the bitterness that lasts

:kimclap:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2023, 09:28:50 AM »
why do you hate your parents?
the generation you disdain above you, right or wrong, helped elect Trump in '16 and will do so in '24.  carried the majority of the electorate for Trump in '20

you should be thanking them.

every generation helped elect Trump. Every demographic. Every race, income bracket, education level and people from the other side that were more pro-union. That same generation also brought us the modern left, and hippies.

do not dislike them all - just a big bulk of them are absolutely insufferable. Ie - boomers in my neighborhood complain about speeders and dogs pooping in their yards....turns out, boomers are the ones speeding and letting dogs poop in yards. The same exact people. They are all retired and bored so I guess they sit around and come up with this shit. The same way they do revisionist stories of days past.... I dunno. It's just annoying.

I have a huge respect though for the one before them....the greatest generation.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2023, 09:30:28 AM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE