Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Things that are ass - Nein

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Things that are ass - Nein
« on: October 29, 2023, 08:52:24 AM »
Heart's not in it.  Didn't watch a single second of any games.  Only saw maybe 15 minutes of the College Football Final show.  Watching horror movies instead.   Here are a few, though.

1. My neighbor.  5:45 Sunday morning. He's running some kind of loud power equipment in his yard. I think he's pissed because we had a Halloween movie night in my back yard Saturday. I turned off the speakers, and stopped it at 11:30 even though the third movie wasn't over. Moved it inside.  I don't know when he started running mowers and grinders, but it woke me up at 5:45. 

2. Chuck Schumer and the entire anti-American/anti-2nd Amendment crowd. Before the first body in the Maine shootings had been released to the family, these disgusting opportunists were pontificating about gun control. Morons. Cars don't kill people, drunk drivers behind the wheel do. But let's ban cars!  Knives don't kill people, savages behind the blade do. But let's ban knives! Using tragedies to advance their agenda is despicable.

3. North Carolina.

4. USC. That team is trash.

5. Dumbo Swinney.  He's chumping his way right out of favored son and Saban heir status.

6. Fly War Eagle. Whoever those guys are?  They're embarrassing. Floating the Swinney to AU as OC rumor? Floating the Bama QB transfers rumor? Stupid click baiters.

7. The Michigan video "scandal."  There's nothing there. Giant 'so what?'  Pretty obvious the NCAA, bitches that they are, didn't appreciate his or his team's response to the earlier sanctions so he's being targeted. I think they want him gone.

8. High school referees. I know it's al.communist, but this incomplete/complete decision on the final playof the game is lunacy. https://www.al.com/highschoolsports/2023/10/st-michael-downs-tr-miller-55-54-in-overtime-after-controversial-finish.html

9. South Carolina. They thought they were going to win the division. Blech.

10. Gus. Big raise and extension for a coach that's 0-5 in the conference and a week after almost upsetting Oklahoma, loses by double digits to West Virginia.

Also: My neighbor. Still running gas-powered equipment at 7:49 a.m. 

I won't be watching the NFL pre-game this morning so I won't be able to comment  on Hannah Storm's bag of dough knees.  I also resolved to stay off Hugh Freeze, but it's kind of frustrating/galling to hear "we're gonna try one quarterback so he won't feel afraid he's gonna be taken out" this far down the line. 

Must also add: The extended Jamie Lee Curtis dance scene in Prom Night (1980). It lasts what seems like half the movie and it's just.... terrible.  She's bad, but the afro-coiffed white dude who's her partner really doesn't do more than shrug his shoulders and make an ape face.   Sadly the dance sequences continue after Jamie waggles from the stage, and they include the absolute worst meatball - a bully caricature who looks 35 and borrowed directly from a Stephen King movie - wobbling around.  That's one of this movie's biggest faults. A cast that looks to be in its mid-30s playing 17.  Still, there are a lot of components you see here that were badly used and then reconstituted in other later films (like I Know What You Did Last Summer and Scream for instance). 
« Last Edit: October 29, 2023, 09:21:28 AM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Things that are ass - Nein
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2023, 09:21:38 AM »
- fly war Eagle is garbage. But there is a xfer rumor with legit legs - Riley Leonard from Duke who is from K’s neck of the woods in fairhope.

- Michigan stuff is a nothing burger. All the egregious shit some programs have done over the years and this is some sort of big deal? No. They do not like harbawwlll and meat chicken.

- freeze rolling with one qb and his statement. I don’t disagree and I think we all know exactly what he means with that. If you have a qb always wondering when and if he will be yanked, they get zero confidence and zero rhythm. We’ve all begged and pleaded for him to roll with one for weeks and it finally happened. Much better. Not great but better. Think this was a hugh decision not Montgomery - who I think is behind a lot of the buffoonery we had seen in most games. I don’t think he is here past iron bowl. Would shock me if he was.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2023, 09:24:40 AM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

War Damn Six

• Pale Rider
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2023, 09:45:51 AM »
Two things…

We’re getting Riley Leonard in time for the Alabama game?

Fuck you on the over generalized statement on high school officials, Kevin. Yes, that was a messed up play but for the most part, the only time high school officials get noticed is when they fuck up.  Do a year in any sport and get back with me.  The demonization of the group as a whole will eventually lead to no high school sports as my generation gets out of the game. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
“If you're waitin' for a woman to make up her mind, you may have a long wait.” Preacher

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2023, 10:24:42 AM »
Two things…

Fuck you on the over generalized statement on high school officials, Kevin. Yes, that was a messed up play but for the most part, the only time high school officials get noticed is when they fuck up.  Do a year in any sport and get back with me.  The demonization of the group as a whole will eventually lead to no high school sports as my generation gets out of the game.

No the rumor is spring for him. Apparently recruits are being told there is a big time qb on the way. Some have done the math and concluded it may be Riley. Who knows. Would be great but I’ll believe it when I see it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2023, 10:34:24 AM »
Two things…

Was a group demonized?  No. Those officials were.  And it was a terrible, game-changing call.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2023, 10:35:46 AM »
No the rumor is spring for him. Apparently recruits are being told there is a big time qb on the way. Some have done the math and concluded it may be Riley. Who knows. Would be great but I’ll believe it when I see it.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Damn Six

• Pale Rider
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2023, 10:37:14 AM »

Was a group demonized?  No. Those officials were.  And it was a terrible, game-changing call.

Apologies accepted.  Your statement was “High school referees”.  My bad for taking that as the entire group of AHSAA officials.  I am sure you can see my confusion. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
“If you're waitin' for a woman to make up her mind, you may have a long wait.” Preacher

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2023, 10:49:39 AM »
Apologies accepted.  Your statement was “High school referees”.  My bad for taking that as the entire group of AHSAA officials.  I am sure you can see my confusion.

Good and bad in everything. There are some really crappy high school officials.  The ones calling that game really screwed up.  You can't rule it incomplete, get together and change your minds without replay, and then end the game.

Also know having called balls and strikes for a while for games that there's no worse job.  Parents, fans... they suck. Everything you do is going to piss off half of them. Or sometimes all of them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2023, 11:03:12 AM »
I don’t know that his responses pass as an apology or suffice but whatever.

He has hurt a lot of feelings with these ass threads, all season long. I keep waiting for a picture of my ass.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

jmar

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2023, 11:12:45 AM »
Two things…

Still haven't seen Hannah's meaty knees nor do I care that there's no love for Harbaugh.

Never had a problem with officials... not in my short span of playing days nor as a lifelong casual fan have I personally witnessed any contest that has been ruined by excessively poor officiating.

I do get aggravated when a game begins and as many as four flags are thrown within the first half dozen plays. 

Crooked officials reside south of the border with a different brand of football.
It's  commonplace.

There were moments in the fourth quarter where situationally our offense looked to be playing not to lose which could have backfired although we were spared that frustration.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2023, 11:23:10 AM »
Still haven't seen Hannah's meaty knees nor do I care that there's no love for Harbaugh.

Never had a problem with officials... not in my short span of playing days nor as a lifelong casual fan have I personally witnessed any contest that has been ruined by excessively poor officiating.

I do get aggravated when a game begins and as many as four flags are thrown within the first half dozen plays. 

Crooked officials reside south of the border with a different brand of football.
It's  commonplace.

There were moments in the fourth quarter where situationally our offense looked to be playing not to lose which could have backfired although we were spared that frustration.

This was just one weird play.   Everything's a judgment when it comes to "having possession" but in real-time it looks pretty clear cut that the receiver never held on.  That was the call.  Then after they met, they overturned it.  THAT'S where I find fault.  Call was made by the official who was in position to make it. There's no replay.  What's the basis for overturning the ruling and ending the game? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Damn Six

• Pale Rider
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2023, 12:46:16 PM »
I don’t know that his responses pass as an apology or suffice but whatever.

It’s as close as it gets.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Damn Six

• Pale Rider
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2023, 12:47:52 PM »
This was just one weird play.   Everything's a judgment when it comes to "having possession" but in real-time it looks pretty clear cut that the receiver never held on.  That was the call.  Then after they met, they overturned it.  THAT'S where I find fault.  Call was made by the official who was in position to make it. There's no replay.  What's the basis for overturning the ruling and ending the game?

I have a feeling Montgomery will weigh in. Those guys won’t be working the playoffs, fo sho. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2023, 12:57:51 PM »
- fly war Eagle is garbage. But there is a xfer rumor with legit legs - Riley Leonard from Duke who is from K’s neck of the woods in fairhope.

1st round projection makes this highly unlikely. No interest from Haskins or Gus. A little from Pearl but Coach Cutcliffe knew.

As much as I would have loved to see it, I don’t think it makes sense at this point.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2023, 12:59:16 PM »
I have a feeling Montgomery will weigh in. Those guys won’t be working the playoffs, fo sho.

C'mon, dude.  Auburn's offensive coordinator wouldn't know a forward pass or a legitimate catch if it bit him on the sphinter and butt-whispered the answer to him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2023, 01:05:16 PM »

It's  commonplace.

A happy medium is hard to find in officiating. I agree especially about an over abundance of flags but if they are warranted, then the stripes have no choice.

It’s the ticky tack calls, which are a matter of opinion and obviously subjective, that get me.

If an o lineman makes the jersey separate away in an obvious way even for a second, hooks a guy or tackles, flag his ass.

Blocking a little low? Fuck that noise. Unless he’s going for knees on a double team.

It’s becoming pussified. It already is by old timer standards.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Damn Six

• Pale Rider
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2023, 01:58:50 PM »
C'mon, dude.  Auburn's offensive coordinator wouldn't know a forward pass or a legitimate catch if it bit him on the sphinter and butt-whispered the answer to him.

Yeah, but he is very familiar with poorly executed trick plays and incomplete passes. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2023, 02:27:44 PM »
Suddenly our receivers find open space when previously they seem to have been looking for a jogging partner. Very peculiar.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2023, 07:28:17 PM »
Suddenly our receivers find open space when previously they seem to have been looking for a jogging partner. Very peculiar.

Maybe they see the Colorado Buffs are about to go on a hiring spree and want to burnish that stock. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2023, 07:48:04 PM »
Maybe they see the Colorado Buffs are about to go on a hiring spree and want to burnish that stock.

You reckon we win out til Bama with a chance of 8-4? That first half offense was what I was expecting preseason. If Thorne & Co. streaks some performances like that together???  I’ll be so happy to be wrong about him. Winning again, no matter the competition, it feels good.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.