Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

I Did Not Know…

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: I Did Not Know…
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2023, 04:40:33 PM »
More I Did Not Know: Halloween Edition

The guy who made Trick 'r Treat, one of my favorite Halloween movies made Krampus, a new favorite Christmas movie. He also co-wrote Kong v. Godzilla - yet another movie I like. 

His resume isn't long, but that's solid.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2023, 05:07:22 PM »
More I Did Not Know: Halloween Edition

The guy who made Trick 'r Treat, one of my favorite Halloween movies made Krampus, a new favorite Christmas movie. He also co-wrote Kong v. Godzilla - yet another movie I like. 

His resume isn't long, but that's solid.

Pretty much like my Johnson.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2023, 07:15:20 AM »
Pretty much like my Johnson.

Could be the Landsharks
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2023, 05:28:06 PM »
Wildly obscure, I did not know...

Saw a clip from an oldie, but one of my favorites, Every Which Way But Loose. Clint kicking ass, still in his prime.  One of the funniest parts of that flick, besides Clyde the Rangeetang, was the biker gang, the Black Widows. I pulled up the cast to see who some of them were, and it turns out that the biker called Dallas, was Bill McKinney.  What else was Bill McKinney famous for?

Drum roll, please.

Making Ned Beatty squeal like a pig while he pulled them panties down and stirred those collards.

Now you know.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

War Damn Six

• Pale Rider
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2023, 05:31:39 PM »
Did you know that the old, fat, bearded detective on Rozzoli & Isles also played D-Day on Animal House? 

I was shocked when I found that out at 55 years of age.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
“If you're waitin' for a woman to make up her mind, you may have a long wait.” Preacher

« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2023, 06:24:24 PM »
Did you know that the old, fat, bearded detective on Rozzoli & Isles also played D-Day on Animal House? 

I guess his whereabouts are now no longer unknown.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2023, 08:34:25 AM »

Bruce McGill...great character actor, can and has played just about anything. Always a good time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2023, 08:51:49 AM »
Bruce McGill...great character actor, can and has played just about anything. Always a good time.

Not the best of the Bruce's, though.  Only one person has that title, baby!

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2023, 09:47:54 PM »

Best bartender ever…
Quantum Leap.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2023, 12:40:54 PM »
I Did Not Know....

Hal Smith, who played Otis, the Mayberry town drunk, was also the Voice of Winnie The Pooh, Ernie, the head Keebler Elf, voiced, Fred Flintstones, rich uncle Tex, voiced "Sludge" smurf and became the voice of Goofy, in the 1960's.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2023, 12:48:44 PM »
I Did Not Know....

Hal Smith, who played Otis, the Mayberry town drunk, was also the Voice of Winnie The Pooh

Have a twist for you here too....

Although he (Hal Smith) voiced Winnie in Pooh Corner, the main voice behind the Pooh glory years was a guy named Sterling Holloway.

Who is that you ask? He ALSO played a character on the Andy Griffith Show, although not as known as Otis Campbell. He played Bert Miller - the traveling salesman who peddled various goods out on the street and door to door, angering Dept Store Owner Ben Weaver. He was always annoyed by them ringing door bells, and the bursitis from carrying all his merch in a suitcase.

The minute you hear him talk, you 100% know.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2023, 03:41:25 PM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2023, 01:02:19 PM »
This is officially the whitest thread of all time and that's saying something for this joint.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2023, 01:09:06 PM »
Have a twist for you here too....

Although he voiced Winnie in Pooh Corner, the main voice behind the Pooh glory years was a guy named Sterling Holloway.

Who is that you ask? He ALSO played a character on the Andy Griffith Show, although not as known as Otis Campbell. He played Bert Miller - the traveling salesman who peddled various goods out on the street and door to door, angering Dept Store Owner Ben Weaver. He was always annoyed by them ringing door bells, and the bursitis from carrying all his merch in a suitcase.

The minute you hear him talk, you 100% know.

Pooh's voice (Holloway) was also the voice of Kaa the snake in the 1966 Jungle Book movie - still the platinum standard for animation. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2023, 05:47:14 PM »
Came across an odd, but somewhat interesting tidbit.  The voice of Shrek was originally done by Chris Farley.  They had over 80% of the lines done when Farley died.  Instead of getting a Farley impersonator to finish it, they got Mike Myers.  When they got Myers, they basically changed almost the entire script to fit Myers style, because he didn't want to try and do it they way Farley voiced the character.

BTW, I'll still watch the original Shrek when it comes on. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2023, 02:28:45 PM »
Anyone heard of Thurl Ravenscroft?  Well, besides having a name as cool as Benedict Cumberbatch, he was the voice of Tony the Tiger.  They'rrre Grrrreat!  Got that voice in your head?  What else did he do?

He was the voice behind...."You're a mean one, Mr. Grinch."

I did not know.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2023, 02:47:17 PM »
Anyone heard of Thurl Ravenscroft?  Well, besides having a name as cool as Benedict Cumberbatch, he was the voice of Tony the Tiger.  They'rrre Grrrreat!

Frosted Flakes were the tits back in the day.

It was "part of a complete breakfast". You're GD right it was.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2023, 03:06:48 PM »
What I did not know.

The guy who played the bad Captain America in the Captain Falcon (or whatever) on Disney; who played the frat boy football friend of Channing Tatum in 21 Jump Street; and who currently plays the younger version of Kurt Russell’s character in the Godzilla series on Apple TV is….

…Kurt Russell’s son with Goldie. 

ALSO did not know

The white haired, wrinkle-faced baritone voice of murders and mysteries on Dateline, Keith Morrison, is Matthew Perry’s stepdad. Married his mom in 81. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2023, 03:09:09 PM »
What I did not know.

The guy who played the bad Captain America in the Captain Falcon (or whatever) on Disney; who played the frat boy football friend of Channing Tatum in 21 Jump Street; and who currently plays the younger version of Kurt Russell’s character in the Godzilla series on Apple TV is….

…Kurt Russell’s son with Goldie. 

ALSO did not know

The white haired, wrinkle-faced baritone voice of murders and mysteries on Dateline, Keith Morrison, is Matthew Perry’s stepdad. Married his mom in 81.

What's funny is, you hear the narration for all that time, then they go to Morrison, and you go, "No way that voice is coming out of that weird looking dude."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Damn Six

• Pale Rider
« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2023, 04:59:21 PM »
What's funny is, you hear the narration for all that time, then they go to Morrison, and you go, "No way that voice is coming out of that weird looking dude."

Heather McDonald has a great stand up bit about him and Dateline.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
“If you're waitin' for a woman to make up her mind, you may have a long wait.” Preacher

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2023, 11:10:12 PM »
Huge shocker to me. 

Olan Soule, who played choir director (and occasional hotel clerk) John Masters on The Andy Griffith Show provided the voice for

BATMAN on the Superfriends cartoon. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tIcs8bgzPjU&pp=ygUaU3VwZXJmcmllbmRzIGVwaXNvZGVzIDE5NzM%3D

Now that I’ve heard it? It can’t be unheard. 

This changes everything about my childhood.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions