Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Tuesday Ramblins....

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Tuesday Ramblins....
« on: September 19, 2023, 09:10:42 AM »
After listening to a few podcasts last night/this morning and perusing a few of the premium boards, thought I would throw a few things out there for fodder on this cool, crisp Tuesday AM:

- Real question here in re to Arkansas (somebody tag Hogwally) - At LSU, Aggie at home, At Ole Miss, At Bama, At Florida with Miss State thrown in that mix which they probably win. Is there any real concern the Hogs could be staring at 3-6 after 9 games? And if that happens, is Pittman in any real trouble? I do not know what the vibe in Fayetteville is but would like to think Man Boobs YESSIRRR has at least earned 2024 unless Ark just loses out.

- Lane Kiffin - this guy just loves stirring the pot. I like to watch it from afar but not sure I would have liked it long term in my own backyard. I still think he is aiming for the NFL job over the next few years, but poking the bear with Saban 2 days in a row with Saban having to respond is pretty funny. I have 0 idea what will happen in this game. I wouldn't touch it in Vegas with a 10 ft pole.

- Tailgating thus far in Auburn - the Mildest weather I can remember for our Sept games, and with us finally being able to call the taint a month late or so, I don't see anything crazy happening for the 9/30 game against the Dawgs. Few observations on tailgating thus far - Auburn is 100% cramping the public tailgating more and more as each season passes. Would love to pick on them for it but it seems to be the standard. We will all be under White Tents within 5 years OR parking downtown for 40 bucks and walking. But while it lasts, I'm gonna soak it up, because we will look back on those days fondly. There is an old saying about wishing you knew they were the glory days when you were in them - that seems fitting here.

- Auburn D - DID YOU KNOW?  AU is # 1 nationally in red zone defense, AU is # 4 nationally in 3rd down conversion defense, AND AU is 14th nationally in total defense, holding opponents to 264 ypg, one spot ahead of UGA at 15th. Our opponents were NOT the best but they did throw up crazy numbers against other teams before us. Samford is an Air Raid O, so there is that. Still, other than a few teams, who else has actually played anyone meaningful? You take the positives.

- Keionte Scott - that hurts. If nothing else more than catching a punt.

- RPO - who knew Thorne could run it? Color me surprised. If he can make good reads, it may be the ticket til more help arrives next year.

- Bama looks bad....really bad. NIL and Portal have allowed other teams to do exactly what Saban has done the last 10-12 years. Just proves he is also an average gameday coach who surrounded himself with stellar assistants and the best talent money could buy. I look back now and wonder how much Julio, Bryce, Tua, Ruggs, Waddle, Richardson and others covered up a lot of that. Even Sark, Kirby and Lane on the coaching side. Things that make you go Hmmmm.Which leads to....

- CFB Parity - Only Week 4 but I don't remember being at a point where I have zero idea who will win this thing.....Several good teams, no great ones. I think I kind of like it. I see USC, FSU, TX, UGA, ND, Mich, Oregon, maybe a few others that are good teams.

- Samford Game - tickets were insane for this game. I thought that was weird. Demand is high so I guess that's a good thing right now.

- Nick Chubb - last night....knees don't bend that way. I think these guys need to take a hard look at the idea of running backs mascarading as body builders/power lifters. There is absolutely a trend of guys being built that way and hardcore gym rats having the biggest issues with injuries. Chubb and Sequon come to mind immediately. New age Turf seems to also be contributing.

- MLB and October - no dominant team at this time. The Braves are in a tailspin. The Dodgers have also went through one. The Orioles aint built to win. I swear if the Phillies make another run at the WS, I'm quitting this crap.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2023, 09:54:11 AM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

jmar

Re: Tuesday Ramblins....
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2023, 09:42:24 AM »
Re our defense: Just taking it one moment at a time moreso than FUGA.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2023, 09:54:29 AM »
This was a good read, GH. I didn't know our D was performing so well to this point.  Existing talent and the addition of Ron Roberts may have been the perfect marriage for this season.  Hopefully they continue to exceed expectations.

If Thorne can put enough on tape this weekend to make other teams fear Auburn's passing game a little bit more, the running game should start flourishing.  From everything I am hearing about A&M's pass D, we might have a shot at doing just that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

GH2001

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2023, 09:56:33 AM »
Re our defense: Just taking it one moment at a time moreso than FUGA.

But purple horses and peanut butter don't get to ride out with vexed rule lists, that much I'll tell you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2023, 10:27:35 AM »
But purple horses and peanut butter don't get to ride out with vexed rule lists, that much I'll tell you.

I had one grunch, but the eggplant over there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2023, 10:34:59 AM »
Kiffin pokes the bear, but never backs it up.  He'll never have a better opportunity to take down Bama than he will this week.  If he doesn't, F him!

With regard to his comments, I unfortunately listened to the Bama On Line guy on the way to work this morning.  They have the Bama, Troy and Auburn analysts on the sports talk show every week. He actually said there may be something to Kiffy's comments, as Steele is in the booth, and T-Rob is on the sidelines.  He said it was mass confusion in getting the defensive play calls made in time during the Tejas game, and Lord Satan did allude to changing things up.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2023, 11:28:23 AM »
I had one grunch, but the eggplant over there.

To yours, I don't get half the time of near things but who is it my goodness, do you?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2023, 02:29:41 PM »
To yours, I don't get half the time of near things but who is it my goodness, do you?
gotta be the guy with the flaming loaves of Sigmund
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2023, 05:17:55 PM »
Additional ramblings.

Michigan gets James Hardball back at the helm.  No team has proven less than the Fighting Red Dawns.  So far, wins over East Carolina, UNLV and Bowling Green, while rolling up a whopping 30, 35 & 31 points respectively in those games.  This week...Rutners.  "I don't even know where Rutners is." (Auburn player quote from 1982)

Bama sits at #13 in the AP Poll. Nuff said.

Gusty Percy Harveys get back in at #25.  Coach Crew Cut lives to fight another day.

Speaking of the AP Poll:

PAC 12 - 8 teams
SEC - 6
Big 10 - 4
ACC - 4
Big 12 - 2
Independent - 1 (ND)

If you're looking to settle in for a long Saturday of college foosballz, there are some really skippy, and underrated match ups this weekend.

FSU @ Clemson
tOSU @ Notre Dame
Iowa @ Penn State (Just typing Iowa made me yawn)
Colorado @ Oregon
UCLA @ Utah
Ole Miss @ Bama
Oregon State @ Washington State

Of note, Clemson is the only team in those games, not in the top 25. Also, the Bo Nix/Shadeur Sanders match up should be pretty epic.  Sanders has quickly jumped into the Heisman conversation, and Nix is currently completing just under 78% of his throws, for 893 yards, 8 TD's and 0 INT's.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2023, 04:03:36 PM »
Ramble Ramble

Justin Ferguson is the weekly Auburn guest on our local sports talk show.  There have been a lot of reports that we've got a lot of injuries coming out of this past weekend.  He verified what we all knew, that Keionte Scott will be out an extended period of time, but the good news is, it appeared pretty much everyone else was back at practice by Tuesday.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2023, 04:20:49 PM »
Ramble Ramble

Justin Ferguson is the weekly Auburn guest on our local sports talk show.  There have been a lot of reports that we've got a lot of injuries coming out of this past weekend.  He verified what we all knew, that Keionte Scott will be out an extended period of time, but the good news is, it appeared pretty much everyone else was back at practice by Tuesday.

Tuesday ramblings on a Thursday?  Blasphemer!  Stone him!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2023, 04:48:16 PM »
Tuesday ramblings on a Thursday?  Blasphemer!  Stone him!

All I said was, this halibut is fit for Jehovah.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2023, 08:51:15 PM »
All I said was, this halibut is fit for Jehovah.

He said it again!! Did you hear him?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2023, 09:57:45 AM »
He said it again!! Did you hear him?

Are there any women here today?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2023, 10:10:35 AM »
Bitches please do not be nettling the Jmar as very is stressful year is this time during the season for football as decisions regarding playcall, formation and player personnel at forefront for jmar.

As older get he, time grow small for idle and what is trivial indeed conversation unneeded since concentration required fully toward ensure Auburn success.

Say not what jmar has said but what ye has said unto jmar unworthy to dispel.

Gardenias are what we shall celebrate.

Leave jmar alone people.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2023, 12:42:20 PM »

- Real question here in re to Arkansas (somebody tag Hogwally) - At LSU, Aggie at home, At Ole Miss, At Bama, At Florida with Miss State thrown in that mix which they probably win. Is there any real concern the Hogs could be staring at 3-6 after 9 games? And if that happens, is Pittman in any real trouble? I do not know what the vibe in Fayetteville is but would like to think Man Boobs YESSIRRR has at least earned 2024 unless Ark just loses out.

It's worse, aTm is not at home, it's in Jerryworld.  4 straight weeks on the road, against LSU, aTm, OM, & bama.  God hates us, that's what it is.  Or at least the SEC schedule maker people do.  I think every Ark fan on the internet is sure we're going 3-9 and then have to decide if we are going to hire Deion or hire Norvell away from FSU so Deion can go there.  All we have to do it pool all of our money together and throw it at them.  Because, everybody knows spending more money means more winning, just ask aTm.  At least there haven't been any rumors of Jon Gruden having lunch at Powerhouse Seafood yet.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Buzz Killington,
Members reacted dislike:
jmar,

jmar

« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2023, 12:34:11 AM »
It's time for the weekly installment of Tuesday Ramblings on a Sunday.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2023, 08:50:27 AM »
It's time for the weekly installment of Tuesday Ramblings on a Sunday.

Tuesday ramblings are meant to adhere to the full 48 hour rule jmar. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

jmar

« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2023, 11:31:10 AM »
Tuesday ramblings are meant to adhere to the full 48 hour rule jmar.
Always with the rules.
Who makes these rules and why do we need them with only 7 active members?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Damn Six

• Pale Rider
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2023, 02:52:19 PM »
Kiffin pokes the bear, but never backs it up.  He'll never have a better opportunity to take down Bama than he will this week.  If he doesn't, F him!

As much as I am less sure that Freeze was the answer, I think we can all see that Kiffin certainly wasn’t.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
“If you're waitin' for a woman to make up her mind, you may have a long wait.” Preacher