Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Pre-Dick-Shuns Week A

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Pre-Dick-Shuns Week A
« on: August 29, 2023, 12:08:10 PM »
Florida @ Utah:  Gusty Gayta underachieved big time, under Coach Crew Cut, despite having what many considered the best athlete in the country at the QB position.  Now, they’ll have former Weskansan QB, Graham Mertz, under center, the polar opposite of AR-15.  If Utah had its full complement of players available, I’d double down on Da Two Utes.  The two what, Mr. Gambini?  Utes, the two Utes.  But, Cam Rising is really questionable, and they may be down to their 3rd string signal caller. If Rising plays, I’m taking the Utes at home.  I think he will.

Utah:  24

Percy Harvey: 20

Colorado @ TCU:  Only on here because of the hype surrounding Neon and the Buffs.  As everyone knows, Corch Prime gutted the roster and re-stocked with port hole players.  I couldn’t name one player on that squad outside of his son.  You know, Baby Prime.  From what I’ve read , TCU lost a shit ton of guys from last year’s failed attempt to stay on the field with FUGA.  I still have to think they’ve got more overall talent than the large, horned mammals.

TCU: 35

Port Holers:  21

LSU @ FSU:  Not really “at” FSU, because it’s supposedly a neutral site.  If they prove me wrong, I’ll admit it.  But right now, I’m not backing off my view that LSU is the most overrated team in the country.  I went through my reasoning a couple of times in other threads, so no reason to bore with the 411. I think FSU is a team on the rise and takes the Bengal Tigers down.  Jayden Daniels and Jordan Travis are both really good QB’s who can take over a  game by themselves.  But, I just see the Noles as a more well-rounded program right now.

Noles: 28

LSU:  24

Middle Tennessee State @ Alabama: Almost 40 point spread.  MSU covers.

UMass @ Auburn:  I see most people saying, just run it, run it, and run it some more.  And that may be the simplest, and safest way to get the U Free era off to a good start.  I see a lot of people getting touches.  I think they try and establish a couple of go-to receivers, along with mixing in a good bit of Rayvaldo Mayweather at TE.  I’m actually far more interested in how we attack defensively.  I think our O will be fine this year, but I need to see that we have a defense that will at least keep us in most of our games this year.  Either way, I think they’ll be puttin’ work in, and not trying to cruise.

Auburn:  48

UMass 10

Feel free to talk amongst yourselves.     
« Last Edit: August 29, 2023, 12:10:08 PM by Snaggletiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Re: Pre-Dick-Shuns Week A
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2023, 12:27:14 PM »
I'm with ya across the board.

I saw that NMSU put 470 yds of total offense on the tinyguys last week.  Let's double it up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2023, 01:12:50 PM »
Where I differ.

Flip the scores for LSU vs FSU. Will be a great game to watch, I think.

UF’s QB is supposedly a bag of mashed up ass holes in performance, but they are a team with more top to bottom talent. I can sell myself on the uglier orange and blue eeking this one out.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2023, 02:35:47 PM »
Agree with Snags.

Offer the following for fellow sickos.

Stanford at Hawaii
The proprietors of such genius technology as Theranos have to travel halfway around the world to play a team full of piss and vinegar that pushed a SEC team around. (Yes, it was just Vandy, but still.)  Breaking in a new coach against a group of dudes who play with a plan and on their home turf is hard no matter who ya are. Last I saw of Stanford, they looked like luke-warm garbage and that's being generous. Get ready to taste the rainbow, trees!

Rainbow Warriors  34
Stanford  27

Tennessee vs. Virginia (in Nashville)
If you think UMass and New Mexico State have bad defenses, get a load of the bree-cheese-eating, ascot-wearing Cavaliers. Joe MiltonBradley might throw for 300 yards in a half on these dudes. The puke Orange of Rocky Slop will be high on their own hog once this one is done. In fact, as per their fraternity traditions, the pledges will probably impregnate a few hogs over the weekend.

10rC  55
Virginia  6

UTSA @ Houston
Dana Holgo has told everybody that would listen this offseason his team sucks. That's gonna look even more true once they get done by the Road Runners led by 6th year QB Frank Harris (or Thomas or Smith). Tommy Boy will run and throw all over the Cougs leading the Fun Belt to a big win over the Big 12(+2) opponent.

MeepMeep Motherfuckers 30
HoustonHasProblems 23
« Last Edit: August 30, 2023, 05:26:16 PM by The Six »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Snaggletiger,
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2023, 03:43:09 PM »
Line on Auburn has went from -39.5 to -35 this week......umASS got some action.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2023, 04:25:46 PM »
I have no idea how good, or bad we'll be this year.  Almost 1/2 of the roster turned over. New head man with a nice track record of winning wherever he's been.  As I've said, on paper we appear to be better, if not just deeper, in every position room. 

However, I need to see some ass kicked.  UMass is bad.  Real bad.  So, I want to see the dominance we should have over a program like that.  I've still got a bad taste in my mouth from the near debacle against Ga. State, and the pathetic slogging around we did against SJSU last season. At several points during the last two seasons, I've had to stop and admit, "We're just not very good." 

So, I'm needing U and the boys to help my feels.  I need a little of that, "Hey, we might be back" swagger. I want to hear people talking about us in the light of, you do NOT want to be playing Auburn right now.
friendly
funny
dislike
Members reacted friendly:
Snakebite,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2023, 04:28:41 PM »

So, I'm needing U and the boys to help my feels.  I need a little of that, "Hey, we might be back" swagger. I want to hear people talking about us in the light of, you do NOT want to be playing Auburn right now.

I hear ya.  But you're not going to be satisfied after this game.  All success will be downplayed due to quality of opponent and all struggle will be amplified due to quality of opponent.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2023, 05:09:58 PM »
I have no idea how good, or bad we'll be this year.  Almost 1/2 of the roster turned over. New head man with a nice track record of winning wherever he's been.  As I've said, on paper we appear to be better, if not just deeper, in every position room. 

However, I need to see some ass kicked.  UMass is bad.  Real bad.  So, I want to see the dominance we should have over a program like that.  I've still got a bad taste in my mouth from the near debacle against Ga. State, and the pathetic slogging around we did against SJSU last season. At several points during the last two seasons, I've had to stop and admit, "We're just not very good." 

If it makes you feel better - just a personal observation: no less than 7 or 8 programs in the sec (including major ones) have professed in some form or fashion - "Auburn is going to be an major issue for teams with Freeze, like them/him or not".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2023, 05:26:15 PM »
If it makes you feel better - just a personal observation: no less than 7 or 8 programs in the sec (including major ones) have professed in some form or fashion - "Auburn is going to be an major issue for teams with Freeze, like them/him or not".

Definite uptick in the feels.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2023, 09:10:41 PM »
Definite uptick in the feels.
Utah plays with a swagger creating opportunities even though they measure right around the top thirty overall on defense.
Not so much about holding teams to under 4 yards per carry and under 8 yards per pass attempt as it is stuffing the other team when it counts, creating turnovers and making even the best QB's look pedestrian.
Awbren needs to be the place other teams dread, not some vacay destination they visit to pad their fucking stats because that gentlemen is what we became.
Time to put all this hard work into play, suit up and put the fear of God Almighty into our opponents.
I'm ready to smite some folks.
Who's with me?

« Last Edit: August 29, 2023, 09:45:37 PM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2023, 08:56:43 AM »
Monogamy Sucks  21
Cheesegator  17

It's PRIIIIIIME TIME  28
Hypnotoad  24

Urinebombers  34
We miss Bobby  31

Hugh Loads  41
Minute Rice  14
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2023, 09:13:08 AM »
Utah plays with a swagger creating opportunities even though they measure right around the top thirty overall on defense.
Not so much about holding teams to under 4 yards per carry and under 8 yards per pass attempt as it is stuffing the other team when it counts, creating turnovers and making even the best QB's look pedestrian.
Awbren needs to be the place other teams dread, not some vacay destination they visit to pad their fucking stats because that gentlemen is what we became.
Time to put all this hard work into play, suit up and put the fear of God Almighty into our opponents.
Who's with me?

This kind of stuff just fires me up.  I am with you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2023, 10:43:19 AM »
Who's with me?
I love a good smiting!  Let's goooooooooooooo!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

wesfau2

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2023, 10:47:15 AM »
Who's with me?

Going biblical, eh?

Aight...but let me make a run through Sodom and Gommorah before you start raining down hellfire.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2023, 11:12:39 AM »
Wes' thread is so much better than this one. I am going to post this reply just to help get snags a 2nd page of replies. Thank me later Snags.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2023, 12:07:50 PM »
Wes' thread is so much better than this one. I am going to post this reply just to help get snags a 2nd page of replies. Thank me later Snags.

I think it's been pretty clear how much you've been sucking up to Wes'.  Oooo...Wes, I think we're in agreement.   Oooo...Wes, great minds think alike.  Oooo...Wes, your thread is so much better than Snags' thread.

Everyone sees it, and I'm getting sick of it.  I know people are posting things behind my back in secret forums.  How do you think that makes me feel?  Huh?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2023, 01:02:06 PM »
Bump for the older gentleman as a late bday present.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2023, 01:47:37 PM »
Bump for the older gentleman as a late bday present.

How old though? VERY OLD.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

War Damn Six

• Pale Rider
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2023, 08:16:48 PM »
Love ya, Steve-O.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
“If you're waitin' for a woman to make up her mind, you may have a long wait.” Preacher

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2023, 10:32:32 AM »
How old though? VERY OLD.
I never thought 75 was all that old.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions