Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Kwez Doin' Work

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Kwez Doin' Work
« on: July 14, 2023, 10:08:09 AM »
al.com

Despite the unforgiving summer heat, Auburn running back Jarquez Hunter sometimes has to be reminded to drink water during his offseason workouts, says Brad Lester, who has trained Hunter this offseason.

Hunter just doesn’t want to stop.

“He’s that hard of a worker and that mentally tough, which says a lot about him because a lot of players can’t do that,” Lester said.

Lester is a fitting coach for Hunter, who enters his junior season this fall. A former Auburn running back himself from 2004-2008, Lester is helping Hunter prepare for a new role: becoming starting running back.

In a way, it felt like the torch had been passed to Hunter from former Auburn running back Tank Bigsby in last season’s Iron Bowl — the final game of the Tigers’ 2022 season.

Bigsby rushed for just 63 yards in the Iron Bowl that day. All the while, Hunter, a sophomore at the time, rushed for 134 yards against the Crimson Tide, eclipsing his average of 56 yards per game.

After playing behind Bigsby, who went on to be a third-round draft pick to the Jacksonville Jaguars in this year’s NFL Draft, Hunter knows the expectations of him are lofty. Then again, that’s what you sign up for as a running back at Auburn.

Nonetheless, tasked with filling the shoes Bigsby left for him, Hunter knew he could turn to Lester — the same man who mentored and trained Bigsby.

“He’s the next guy up at Auburn,” Lester said of Hunter.

Fortunately, Lester and Hunter established a relationship last offseason as Bigsby continued to train with Lester. So, when a family member of Hunter’s asked if Lester would work with Hunter, it was easy for Lester to say yes.

This offseason, Hunter has trained frequently with Lester — most weeks every Monday and Tuesday.

“I felt like he was so dominant as a downhill runner and a power runner last year, the biggest thing we’ve been working on these past few weeks is his open-field moves, pass protection… just things to add to his game,” Lester said. “He’s already probably one of the better running backs I’ve ever worked with.”

Considering Lester’s resume, for him to speak so highly of Hunter shouldn’t go unnoticed.

In addition to Bigsby, Lester has also worked with former Alabama and current Pittsburgh Steelers’ running back Najee Harris and former Tennessee and current New Orleans Saints’ running back Alvin Kamara.

This offseason, Lester is also working with Tennessee running backs Jaylen Wright, Jabari Small and Dylan Sampson, along with Georgia running backs Daijun Edwards and Kendall Milton.

What is it that sets Hunter apart from the others?

“Mental toughness and effort,” Lester said. “Those two things you cannot coach. And those are two things that both Hunter and Tank both have.”

Surely, with a coaching change in the middle of the season, Hunter was forced to tap into his mental toughness. Yet despite the roller-coaster-of-a-season in 2022, Hunter still posted strong numbers as Bigsby’s backup.

During his sophomore campaign last fall, Hunter rushed for 675 yards and seven touchdowns. He averaged 6.5 yards per carry.

Dangerous downhill and between the tackles, Hunter came into the offseason wanting to develop his lateral movement.

“He’ll tell you the same thing, his lateral movement has gotten a lot better. He’s gotten a lot more comfortable with making open-field moves,” Lester said. “Because he’s so much stronger and bigger than most of the players on the field, he doesn’t have to use that often, but he felt like that was part of his game that has really elevated over the last few weeks.”
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: Kwez Doin' Work
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2023, 10:32:51 AM »
Any word on whether we will actually get to see that work pay off?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2023, 10:48:38 AM »
Any word on whether we will actually get to see that work pay off?

I'm getting the drift he won't miss a game...seems to be paying his dues in other ways...no not OnlyFans...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2023, 11:13:56 AM »
I'm still trying to figure out what the big dealio is with that whole thing.  We've heard rumors and in-your-end-oooohhhs, but the only factual thing I've seen to this point, is he made a video of himself, and maybe one other, giving a hottie the hot salami.  If she knew about it, then whatever.  If he's not the one that put it out there, then it's even more of a nothing-burger.

I video myself having relations all the time. My hand doesn't care what I do with them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2023, 11:59:46 AM »
I'm still trying to figure out what the big dealio is with that whole thing.  We've heard rumors and in-your-end-oooohhhs, but the only factual thing I've seen to this point, is he made a video of himself, and maybe one other, giving a hottie the hot salami.  If she knew about it, then whatever.  If he's not the one that put it out there, then it's even more of a nothing-burger.

I video myself having relations all the time. My hand doesn't care what I do with them.

Everyone does it. No biggie. I'm thinking its more of a "we corrected him" kind of deal and then move on dealio.

Btw, Snags, I've seen one. A copy that is. When living in Eufaula some wierdo dropped a VHS off in my mailbox. Kids mistook it for Yo Gabba Gabba. I'm not sure what to say here...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2023, 12:01:19 PM »
Everyone does it. No biggie. I'm thinking its more of a "we corrected him" kind of deal and then move on dealio.

Btw, Snags, I've seen one. A copy that is. When living in Eufaula some wierdo dropped a VHS off in my mailbox. Kids mistook it for Yo Gabba Gabba. I'm not sure what to say here...
Is it true that's what he says as he um...gets there?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2023, 12:06:04 PM »
Is it true that's what he says as he um...gets there?

No sir.  Yabba Dabba Doo is the finisher.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
Members reacted funny:
Buzz Killington,
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2023, 02:02:57 PM »
I'm still trying to figure out what the big dealio is with that whole thing. 
He and Hugh raped a white girl and a walk on. And you don’t think he should miss any games?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2023, 02:03:52 PM »
He and Hugh raped a white girl and a walk on. And you don’t think he should miss any games?

Was the walk on hot?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2023, 04:28:11 PM »
Was the walk on hot?
Not so much. Some pudgy guy from Prattville who was there in the Dye era.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2023, 11:25:05 PM »
Not so much. Some pudgy guy from Prattville who was there in the Dye era.

Chip Powell was not pudgy!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2023, 11:18:56 AM »
Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee's Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack

https://twitter.com/Matt_Cohen_/status/1688930662827642880
friendly
funny
dislike
Members reacted friendly:
Snakebite,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2023, 11:32:15 AM »
Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee's Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack

https://twitter.com/Matt_Cohen_/status/1688930662827642880

But...but.....1/3 of our base said they "dun heardt he wuz gon".

As Snags said....NO ONE KNEW ANYTHING other than Qwez and those involved in the investigation. It was always going to have to play out.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2023, 11:37:34 AM »
But...but.....1/3 of our base said they "dun heardt he wuz gon".

As Snags said....NO ONE KNEW ANYTHING other than Qwez and those involved in the investigation. It was always going to have to play out.

Yup.

Also read that Wooten was at practice as well.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2023, 11:45:14 AM »
Yup.

Also read that Wooten was at practice as well.

Woot!!!

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions