Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

It's Hot!!!

Re: It's Hot!!!
« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2023, 03:48:08 PM »
Sure.  I can try to interject logic and reason, but I don't have to stick around for the resulting parade of idiocy.

I can only speak for myself, but I don't completely disagree with you.  It's a fact that the Earth is warming.  It's a fact that the ice caps are melting & permafrost is thawing.  It's also a fact that the melting of said ice and thawing of said permafrost are resulting in the release of greenhouse gases into the atmosphere (methane, carbon dioxide, etc.), as well as ancient diseases that transmit via air or water sources (anthrax, influenza A). It's also a fact that humans could be more cognizant of our daily habits and the negative impact it could have on our environment. 

I disagree that it is established that we are the sole purpose or have the absolute power to reverse it.  This is where I agree with 3rd Person K.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2023, 08:42:37 PM »
I can only speak for myself, but I don't completely disagree with you.  It's a fact that the Earth is warming.  It's a fact that the ice caps are melting & permafrost is thawing.  It's also a fact that the melting of said ice and thawing of said permafrost are resulting in the release of greenhouse gases into the atmosphere (methane, carbon dioxide, etc.), as well as ancient diseases that transmit via air or water sources (anthrax, influenza A). It's also a fact that humans could be more cognizant of our daily habits and the negative impact it could have on our environment. 

I disagree that it is established that we are the sole purpose or have the absolute power to reverse it.  This is where I agree with 3rd Person K.

The earth may be getting warmer. 

The point the climate howlers refuse to acknowledge is that it’s happened before and will happen again.  It’s natural. 

It’s getting warmer.  So what?  It’s gonna cool off one day. 

No need for all this hysteria. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2023, 11:30:45 AM »
Sure.  I can try to interject logic and reason, but I don't have to stick around for the resulting parade of idiocy.

What about mine or Snake's response was idiocy? Real question. Thought we were both being pretty reasonable.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

« Reply #43 on: August 11, 2023, 11:31:33 AM »

All due respect?  The biggest problem I have is with the idea (one you've embraced and espoused) that the "science is settled." 

Think you meant Wes, not yours truly.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #44 on: August 11, 2023, 11:40:02 AM »
What about mine or Snake's response was idiocy? Real question. Thought we were both being pretty reasonable.

I am guilty of bringing up a "whatabout-ism" in relation to how other things should be defined (the definition of a woman) since he was quick to call opposing opinions "fringe". 

It seemed malicious, probably.  I just genuinely wanted to see his response to see if any opinions deviated from what the party he subscribes to proclaims. I am sure he has some that go against the grain, as he seems like a very smart fella and it would be asinine to agree with every single issue.  Especially since the truth likes to hang out somewhere in the middle in a lot of cases.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #45 on: August 11, 2023, 12:22:14 PM »

Serious question. 

Why are you attempting rational discourse with a lunatic?  You should know by now, he's not interested in an exchange of ideas, only in snooting his own warped view as superior to yours. 

Memo:  It's not. 

Consistent theme here. Kaos is right, Wes is wrong.  Rinse, repeat, rinse, repeat.  There's a decade of history that proves it. That's enough of a sample to make sweeping determinations about the weather that require massive changes in behavior, right?  It's certainly enough time to establish Kaotic dominance. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #46 on: August 11, 2023, 01:10:35 PM »
Serious question. 

Why are you attempting rational discourse with a lunatic?  You should know by now, he's not interested in an exchange of ideas, only in snooting his own warped view as superior to yours. 

Memo:  It's not. 

Consistent theme here. Kaos is right, Wes is wrong.  Rinse, repeat, rinse, repeat.  There's a decade of history that proves it. That's enough of a sample to make sweeping determinations about the weather that require massive changes in behavior, right?  It's certainly enough time to establish Kaotic dominance.

Originally? Just trying to have rational discussion. I like it. Thought it may work. I know Wes, he isn't an idiot. 99% of the time I enjoy conversation with him.

Now? Im at the stage of purely proving your point I guess. Snake and I went the rational route. It fell flat. It got balked at. We were rational and got pooped on so now I'm onto asking what was so nutty about what we said...The whole thing is like one big self fulfilling prophecy. Its sad that's where we are.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #47 on: August 11, 2023, 01:17:40 PM »
Originally? Just trying to have rational discussion. I like it. Thought it may work. I know Wes, he isn't an idiot. 99% of the time I enjoy conversation with him.

Now? Im at the stage of purely proving your point I guess. Snake and I went the rational route. It fell flat. It got balked at. We were rational and got pooped on so now I'm onto asking what was so nutty about what we said...The whole thing is like one big self fulfilling prophecy. Its sad that's where we are.

Different paths to the same point. 

I go over the top hoping something other than "the science is settled, you are clearly inferior in intellect to me, due to the fact that I listen to NPR" type responses. 

What people like w have never understood is I hear all of it. I consider all of it.  I'm not ignoring what he says, I've just looked at enough information to understand he's being lied to. We all are. 

He'd be in a better place if he'd do the same rather than covering his ears and closing his eyes to anything that's counter to his media-fed beliefs.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #48 on: August 11, 2023, 02:59:33 PM »
The best way to settle this is to stop all the sissy ass talk and have a cage match. I’ve got chicken wire and 4x4 posts. That’s all we need.

K and GH vs Wes and (sorry snake) Snake. We can’t make it 3 on 1.

I will be glad to stand outside with a firehose if it gets out of hand. And some mace.

I have empathy for both sides, I guess mainly because I care so much for you as individuals. I don’t really care about the issue. Fuck Al Gore.

I think you should all wear rassling trousers. I assume K will wear Kiss makeup.

If Snake refuses to be on Wes’ team, let’s just make it Kaos vs Wes. They can do it for charity like Elon vs Zuckerberg.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

« Reply #49 on: August 11, 2023, 03:08:26 PM »
The best way to settle this is to stop all the sissy ass talk and have a cage match. I’ve got chicken wire and 4x4 posts. That’s all we need.

K and GH vs Wes and (sorry snake) Snake. We can’t make it 3 on 1.

I will be glad to stand outside with a firehose if it gets out of hand. And some mace.

I have empathy for both sides, I guess mainly because I care so much for you as individuals. I don’t really care about the issue. Fuck Al Gore.

I think you should all wear rassling trousers. I assume K will wear Kiss makeup.

If Snake refuses to be on Wes’ team, let’s just make it Kaos vs Wes. They can do it for charity like Elon vs Zuckerberg.

I'll fight in Wes's corner, no problem.  I must warn the opposition that I get a raging boner when I am punched in the face.  Please ignore it.  I will not use it as a weapon.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #50 on: August 11, 2023, 03:35:37 PM »
I'll fight in Wes's corner, no problem.  I must warn the opposition that I get a raging boner when I am punched in the face.  Please ignore it.  I will not use it as a weapon.
That’s kind of why I don’t fight much, anymore. I prefer to fight naked and it’s got to where it stimulates me. I don’t want to make people uncomfortable.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #51 on: August 11, 2023, 03:48:25 PM »
Speaking of cage matches, Mini Snags is stepping into the squared circle tomorrow night.  It will be the first time since January, when had double hernia surgery. He's stoked for it. 

My Saturday night card is full.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #52 on: August 11, 2023, 03:53:36 PM »
Speaking of cage matches, Mini Snags is stepping into the squared circle tomorrow night.  It will be the first time since January, when had double hernia surgery. He's stoked for it. 

My Saturday night card is full.
What is the Cajun assassin going by, now? Glad he’s able to get back into the ring.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #53 on: August 11, 2023, 03:54:20 PM »

Wasn't directed at you, necessarily.  I generally enjoy the give and take, but have grown weary of the "just asking questions" soft attacks on science.  The science here is settled and we're seeing the seas practically boiling while Sicily and Lahaina burn.  Polar ice is at historic lows and receding in an accelerating fashion.  Massive and unprecedented flooding is striking Spain and Norway.  This shit is real and while there have been cyclical periods of warming/cooling it has never happened at the speed at which we're pushing it.

I'm not interested in discussing the matter if the conversation isn't geared towards how we can mitigate and/or slow the rate at which we're destroying this planet.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #54 on: August 11, 2023, 04:13:15 PM »
Wasn't directed at you, necessarily.  I generally enjoy the give and take, but have grown weary of the "just asking questions" soft attacks on science.  The science here is settled and we're seeing the seas practically boiling while Sicily and Lahaina burn.  Polar ice is at historic lows and receding in an accelerating fashion.  Massive and unprecedented flooding is striking Spain and Norway.  This shit is real and while there have been cyclical periods of warming/cooling it has never happened at the speed at which we're pushing it.

I'm not interested in discussing the matter if the conversation isn't geared towards how we can mitigate and/or slow the rate at which we're destroying this planet.

You do realize absolutely none of that is true, right? 

And I'm being 100% serious.  None of that is accurate. There are mountains of data and observations that prove those things are false, but they're ignored because that's not where the fear/paranoia money lives.   

The "science" is anything BUT settled. 

A letter signed by over 50 leading members of the American Meteorological Society warned about the policies promoted by environmental pressure groups. “The policy initiatives derive from highly uncertain scientific theories. They are based on the unsupported assumption that catastrophic global warming follows from the burning of fossil fuel and requires immediate action. We do not agree.”2 Those who have signed the letter represent the overwhelming majority of climate change scientists in the United States, of whom there are about 60. McMichael and Haines quote the 1995 report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), which is widely believed to “prove” that climate change induced by humans has occurred.3 The original draft document did not say this. What happened was that the policymakers’ summary (which became the “take home message” for politicians) altered the conclusions of the scientists. This led Dr Frederick Seitz, former head of the United States National Academy of Sciences, to write, “In more than sixty years as a member of the American scientific community ... I have never witnessed a more disturbing corruption of the peer-review process than the events that led to this IPCC report.”

Solar power, wind power, kill all the cows because they fart, get cars/gas ovens/gas tools out of the hands of people, etc. All of that is just a fallacy. It's nonsense. 

Yeah, we should stop throwing metric tons of trash in the ocean. Yean, we should clean up our neighborhoods and not throw bags of garbage out the car windows.  Maybe, just maybe, we should stop the urban sprawl and quit paving over everything to make neighborhoods while others remain abandoned.  Fix up what we have, stop building new.  But the entire "green agenda" pushed on by these hysterical and untrue things you state as "fact?"  Well, that's just horseshit.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2023, 04:18:59 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
CCTAU,
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #55 on: August 11, 2023, 04:18:01 PM »
What is the Cajun assassin going by, now? Glad he’s able to get back into the ring.

Aiden Pierce.

For the past few years, a lot of the professionals (TV Rasslin') have either been going back to their real names, small variations of their real names, or just very common type names. Yes, there's still plenty of outrageous branding out there, but Mini decided to go with the trend and keep it simple.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #56 on: August 11, 2023, 04:19:42 PM »
Aiden Pierce.

For the past few years, a lot of the professionals (TV Rasslin') have either been going back to their real names, small variations of their real names, or just very common type names. Yes, there's still plenty of outrageous branding out there, but Mini decided to go with the trend and keep it simple.

He should have picked Curb Stomper and gone with that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #57 on: August 11, 2023, 04:54:29 PM »
Sounds like he’s on MASH.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #58 on: August 11, 2023, 04:58:46 PM »

What is a woman?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #59 on: August 11, 2023, 05:45:18 PM »
What is a woman?

Now on this one.... The science is damn sure settled.  Well done.  I wish I had thought to ask this.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2023, 05:47:08 PM by Snakebite »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions