Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

It's Hot!!!

Re: It's Hot!!!
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2023, 02:42:08 PM »
Shit.  I'm not even interested in engaging on such an obvious point.  Some folks have followed the dumb all the way off the cliff and are lost forever.  Pretty sad, really.

The truth is probably somewhere in between, which is majority of the time the case.  Humans of course have an impact on environmental factors.  The question is how much?  How much is just a natural, cyclical happening?  What is a horse shoe and what does a horse shoe do?  Are there any horse socks?  We need these questions answered.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2023, 02:44:03 PM »
The truth is probably somewhere in between, which is majority of the time the case.  Humans of course have an impact on environmental factors.  The question is how much?  How much is just a natural, cyclical happening?

Not sure why THIS ^^ is so hard to grasp.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2023, 03:22:14 PM »
The truth is probably somewhere in between, which is majority of the time the case.  Humans of course have an impact on environmental factors.  The question is how much?  How much is just a natural, cyclical happening?  What is a horse shoe and what does a horse shoe do?  Are there any horse socks?  We need these questions answered.

I'm in agreement with this too.  Especially the question of the existence of horse socks.

Whenever I go to the Googles on questions like this, I try to vet the source as best as I can.  I want to find as unbiased a source as possible, but I don't think you can even trust the Goggles anymore.  Well, for quite some time, anyway.  I posed the simple question of, "Who denies climate change exists?"  The following is an excerpt from an article written over 20 years ago, and published on a gubment website, National Institutes of Health.

Whether most scientists outside climatology believe that global warming is happening is less relevant than whether the climatologists do. A letter signed by over 50 leading members of the American Meteorological Society warned about the policies promoted by environmental pressure groups. “The policy initiatives derive from highly uncertain scientific theories. They are based on the unsupported assumption that catastrophic global warming follows from the burning of fossil fuel and requires immediate action. We do not agree.”2 Those who have signed the letter represent the overwhelming majority of climate change scientists in the United States, of whom there are about 60. McMichael and Haines quote the 1995 report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), which is widely believed to “prove” that climate change induced by humans has occurred.3 The original draft document did not say this. What happened was that the policymakers’ summary (which became the “take home message” for politicians) altered the conclusions of the scientists. This led Dr Frederick Seitz, former head of the United States National Academy of Sciences, to write, “In more than sixty years as a member of the American scientific community ... I have never witnessed a more disturbing corruption of the peer-review process than the events that led to this IPCC report.”4 

Every single site that Google pulled up from that point forward, had to do with calling "Climate Deniers" either wackos, Republicans, or Conservatives.  They all had the same talking points, which centered around, "The overwhelming majority of scientific evidence supporting man made climate change." Anyone who goes against the grain is a lunatic out on the fringe.

Again, I'm of the belief, as Snake stated, that the reality is somewhere in the middle.  Is the world going to end in 10 years, now 6, as the esteemed, Alejandro Occasionally Cortex, declared.  I don't believe it for one second.  But, people have decided not to bring babies into this world on her's and other's advice. Do we need to be mindful of what's going on with our environment, the land, the air and our oceans? Absolutely.  Don't be stupid. Take care of it.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2023, 04:08:06 PM »
A cataclysmic event is inevitable.

However, we should have a strong conviction to be good stewards of this beautiful world the good Lord lets us inhabit while we are here. Mowing down trees in natural habitats to develop new neighborhoods full of spec houses, oil spills, disruptions of food chains that we are directly responsible for screwing up.  Sometimes we are for sure the problem.

That’s my Wednesday sermon. Tune in next week for more.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2023, 04:19:30 PM by Snakebite »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2023, 05:01:47 PM »
overwhelming majority of scientific evidence supporting man made climate change." Anyone who goes against the grain is a lunatic out on the fringe.

That is the definition of fringe.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2023, 05:26:17 PM »

Is the definition of what a woman is as black and white as the one above, in your opinion?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2023, 05:33:09 PM »

Does that mean it's inevitably wrong though? I am all about some rational discussion on the topic but it almost always resorts to the exact line Snags posted above.......it goes all Red Rider to the "lunatic fringe" which is designed to cast a negative light on anyone who disagrees. The fringe is 100% a statistical thing that is quantifiable by numbers but that's not why they say that in "reports".

I think there is a ton of context to this stuff that gets left out too. Of course humans CAN have an impact on the environment. How much they impact it is what we don't really know. It pisses me off to no end when I see a shit load of chemicals/oil, styrofoam cups and plastic 6 pack rings floating up in a slough on the river with a trash can 20 feet away. But it's a reach to say F150's , steel mills and dump trucks are significantly contributing to record high temps when cataclysmic events have been happening since way before the Industrial Revolution.

To me it's inconclusive. I can't prove or disprove it. And I'm ok with that. I just try to lessen my footprint as best I can. I also know humans ultimately cannot self govern and be pragmatic stewards without rule of law - we've proven it time and time again. I can't make every fat white woman that's 53 NOT drive a Suburban she doesn't need. But if you really wanna look at pollution and possible global impact? Look no further than India and China.....they dwarf anything we do in that regard. And they largely get left alone in the matter.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

wesfau2

« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2023, 05:49:40 PM »
Shit.  I'm not even interested in engaging on such an obvious point. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2023, 06:12:26 PM »
At least we can all agree on our love for Auburn, titties, and beer or wine (for chinook). That’s a good foundation.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2023, 07:53:55 PM »
At least we can all agree on our love for Auburn, titties, and beer or wine (for chinook). That’s a good foundation.

And FUCK GEORGIA
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Snakebite,
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2023, 10:09:20 PM »
Shit.  I'm not even interested in engaging on such an obvious point.  Some folks have followed the dumb all the way off the cliff and are lost forever.  Pretty sad, really.

It’s not obvious.  It’s not true.  That’s the reality. 

That’s the problem with you. Stopped thinking for yourself a long time ago. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2023, 10:12:33 PM »

I’m gonna have to go ahead and disagree with you there.  Not a fan of beer whatsoever.  Lukewarm on wine too. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2023, 06:16:31 AM »
I’m gonna have to go ahead and disagree with you there.  Not a fan of beer whatsoever.  Lukewarm on wine too.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2023, 11:39:59 AM »
Shit.  I'm not even interested in engaging on such an obvious point. 

Not like you to tuck your tail and run after launching a grenade over the wall.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2023, 11:51:44 AM »
I'm reminded of an obscure scene from Family Guy, where Stewie is having a conversation with a donkey.  (Yes, that obscure) The donkey tells Stewie:

Kevin Bacon wasn't in Footloose

Stewie: Yes, he was

No, he wasn't

What are you talking about?  He was the main star

No, he wasn't

Yes, he was

No, he wasn't. No...No....No....NO!  NO!  NO!  NO!  NO! HEE HAAAWWWW  HEE HAAWWWWW  HE HAAWWWW
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2023, 12:03:56 PM »
Not like you to tuck your tail and run after launching a grenade over the wall.

I've lost the will/desire to relitigate obvious shit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2023, 12:54:28 PM »

Handed ass in a bag. Cannot prove baseless cult belief.  Pretends to be "above the fray with superior knowledge."

Wrong.

https://nypost.com/2023/08/09/climate-scientist-admits-the-overwhelming-consensus-is-manufactured/

Since you won't read that because you don't want to consider that you might be (absolutely are) wrong, here are some highlights.

“It’s a manufactured consensus,” climate scientist Judith Curry tells me.

She says scientists have an incentive to exaggerate risk to pursue “fame and fortune.”

She knows about that because she once spread alarm about climate change.

Kaos had not seen this article prior today. And yet it backs up everything he says.

Curry was the unusual researcher who looked at criticism of her work and actually concluded: “They had a point.”

Then the Climategate scandal taught her that other climate researchers weren’t so open-minded.

Neither are the alarmists (wes) who refuse to think critically and blindly accept the shit sandwich they've been served.

The UN created the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change.

“The IPCC wasn’t supposed to focus on any benefits of warming. The IPCC’s mandate was to look for dangerous human-caused climate change.”

“Then the national funding agencies directed all the funding . . . assuming there are dangerous impacts.”

The researchers quickly figured out that the way to get funded was to make alarmist claims about “man-made climate change.”

This is how “manufactured consensus” happens.

Kaos considers victory dance, decides it's too hot outside -- LIKE EVERY OTHER SUMMER FOR MILLIONS OF YEARS.  Instead he turns up the A/C, points at wes and all those other sheep like him and shakes his head sadly.

As with most things, Kaos will be proved to be right (yet again) in the long run.  Because the natural earth cycles move at a glacial pace (ha! climate change humor), Kaos doubts he will be alive to see these all these hucksters and charlatans fully proven wrong and their sheep-like minions left broke and baffled when temperatures naturally evolve back to lower levels.  Kaos pities wes even as he trounces him.  He had higher hopes, but the wool pulled over wes' eyes is thick.

« Last Edit: August 10, 2023, 12:56:54 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2023, 01:30:48 PM »

I get that, and I'm like that most days Wes, but you know the saying...."don't start no shit, won't be no shit". You had to know that was going to give you blowback.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2023, 01:56:04 PM »
I get that, and I'm like that most days Wes, but you know the saying...."don't start no shit, won't be no shit". You had to know that was going to give you blowback.

He's getting old.  Confused blowback with blowjob. 

All due respect?  The biggest problem I have is with the idea (one you've embraced and espoused) that the "science is settled." 

No. It absolutely is NOT. Science should always be open to revision, new understandings, new data, new theories and facts. 

If it were not so?  We'd still have doctors regularly prescribing leeches.  We'd still believe dinosaurs died out because their brains were too small. We'd still be spraying our gardens with DDT. We'd still accept that the earth was the center of the universe and the sun revolves around us. And that it's flat. We'd still believe the Covid vax is "safe and healthy." Or that it prevents anything.

Maybe you weren't alive in the 70s, but these same "experts" were shitting their pants over a coming ice age.  "Half a degree cooler!!"  There will be an ice sheath extending as far south as Tennessee with 10-15 years.  We were all going to freeze to death.

Does this sound familiar? 

"The evidence in support of these predictions [of global cooling] has now begun to accumulate so massively and overwhelmingly that meteorologists are hard-pressed to keep up with it."

It's from a "scientific expert" about 50 years ago. All the "experts" agreed.  The science was settled. These "experts" (morons) were devising plans to melt the icecaps or paint them black so they would absorb heat faster and save us from this global catastrophe.

They can say what they want NOW, but I was there and witnessed it first hand.  When THAT didn't happen, the goal posts shifted and Al Gore discovered a better way to get rich than inventing the internet or putting stickers on records.

They were wrong then. They're wrong now.

There are hundreds and hundreds of examples of widely accepted "science" being proven to be flat out wrong. 

If you're unwilling to accept that this could be the case?  To even consider that you are being lied to by people with something to gain?  That's a deep level of scary, hoss. It's a much bigger and more frightening threat than this horseshit climate change hoax. 

The science should never be settled. The day we sit back and think we know all, fail to research, follow up, or question established theories -- the day the sheep blatantly dismiss any opinion that doesn't jibe with their own?  Turn out the lights. The party's over, pal.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2023, 01:59:17 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2023, 03:07:41 PM »

Sure.  I can try to interject logic and reason, but I don't have to stick around for the resulting parade of idiocy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions