Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Prediction Time

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Prediction Time
« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2023, 01:06:41 PM »
Cal was 4-8 last season with one of the losses being the only Colorado win. They averaged 24 ppg (96th) and gave up 27 ppg (79th).

They only averaged 96 ypg game on the ground.  Their rushing attack was pretty much one guy, Jaydn Ott, who had 874 yards for the season.  He returns.  The QB, Jack Plummer,  who threw for over 3,100 yards, is gone.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2023, 02:31:07 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2023, 03:02:43 PM »
I predict snags will still have no balls after game 12. And that wiregrass is still a flaming homo.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2023, 03:25:57 PM »
Cal was 4-8 last season with one of the losses being the only Colorado win. They averaged 24 ppg (96th) and gave up 27 ppg (79th).

They only averaged 96 ypg game on the ground.  Their rushing attack was pretty much one guy, Jaydn Ott, who had 874 yards for the season.  He returns.  The QB, Jack Plummer,  who threw for over 3,100 yards, is gone.

ESPN loves them some Cal.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2023, 03:39:20 PM »
ESPN loves them some Cal.

Went home at lunch and ESPN was replaying a 3 day look at transgender athletes and unfair the world dis to them. I imagine they do love them some Cal. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #45 on: August 24, 2023, 03:46:33 PM »
My man, Cal!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

War Damn Six

• Pale Rider
« Reply #46 on: August 24, 2023, 07:39:53 PM »
I think we make a bowl game and beat Saban (it’s never about the team, it’s about the coach).  Enuf said.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
“If you're waitin' for a woman to make up her mind, you may have a long wait.” Preacher

jmar

« Reply #47 on: August 25, 2023, 08:39:44 AM »
Shohei Ohtani will not pitch again this season and Cal will trade him to the Yankees in the off-season. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #48 on: August 26, 2023, 03:22:11 PM »
UMass - W (They ass.)
Cal (away) - W (Probably will be met with a protest or two.)
Samford - W (Future insurance professionals, doctor types, and lawyerings are a worthy sacrifice for Bro. Hue).
A&M (away) - L (I hate Jimbo and Petrino but they have talent. Eventually, it's gonna work. I think they are a sleeper West contender.)
UGA - L (May qualify as a hate crime.)
LSU (away) - L (That defense will feast on a broken body.)
OM - L (this one could go either way, honestly. Lane is gonna take advantage of catching us recovering.)
Miss St - W (Will Rogers is the best QB in the league. Not that clown at LSU. But they won't use him right.)
Vandy (away...their homecoming) - W (They should go FCS at this point.)
Arky (away) - L (Best RB in the league - not that clown in Oxford.)
NMSt - W (Hoover or Thompson would be a more competitive game.)
Bama - L (Will be close but those guys and their refs will find a way.)

6-6 with a win in the bowl game. 7-6. Good start. Recruiting keeps up and with the portal/NIL action, 2024 looks strong.

Fuck all that.

UMass - W (They still ass and AU is Jarquezz with a camera.)
Cal (away) - W (Maybe the ACC will rethink after Auburn smokes these punks.)
Samford - W (Future insurance professionals, doctor types, and lawyer types are a worthy sacrifice for Bro. Hue).
A&M (away) - W (It ain't gonna work. Already cracks. Hew gets his first pelt. Al.com will start publishing all manner of hit pieces.)
UGA - L (But it's gonna be uncomfortable for bowl cut and crew. Bobo still sucks, btw.)
LSU (away) - W (They moved their best D player to a position that limits what he can do. Kelly is an idiot. Fuck the Baton Rouge curse. Thanks, Bo Nix for ending that.)
OM - W (Hugh goes in dry just like the vermouthe.)
Miss St - W (Will Rogers is a problem but he ain't enough.)
Vandy (away...their homecoming) - W (Avenging a few recent boneheaded screw ups to these nerds.)
Arky (away) - W (Jefferson will have made a "business decision" at this point and the Hogs will get cooked.)
NMSt - W (Starters barely play into the second quarter/)
Bama - W (Their season will already be "over" by their standards after two earlier losses and Auburn will be hyped to the sky.)

11-1 rematch with the Dawgs when we shock the world and do the damn thing!

Then, it's on to the playoffs where we do what Bama couldn't and beat Texas. Michigan beats UGA.

We beat Michigan on a FG. Al Del Greco-style.

14-1. National Champs.

Straight. In. My. Veins!
« Last Edit: August 26, 2023, 03:23:57 PM by The Six »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #49 on: August 27, 2023, 08:49:48 AM »
Rack him!

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #50 on: August 27, 2023, 01:15:04 PM »
Fuck all that.

UMass - W (They still ass and AU is Jarquezz with a camera.)
Cal (away) - W (Maybe the ACC will rethink after Auburn smokes these punks.)
Samford - W (Future insurance professionals, doctor types, and lawyer types are a worthy sacrifice for Bro. Hue).
A&M (away) - W (It ain't gonna work. Already cracks. Hew gets his first pelt. Al.com will start publishing all manner of hit pieces.)
UGA - L (But it's gonna be uncomfortable for bowl cut and crew. Bobo still sucks, btw.)
LSU (away) - W (They moved their best D player to a position that limits what he can do. Kelly is an idiot. Fuck the Baton Rouge curse. Thanks, Bo Nix for ending that.)
OM - W (Hugh goes in dry just like the vermouthe.)
Miss St - W (Will Rogers is a problem but he ain't enough.)
Vandy (away...their homecoming) - W (Avenging a few recent boneheaded screw ups to these nerds.)
Arky (away) - W (Jefferson will have made a "business decision" at this point and the Hogs will get cooked.)
NMSt - W (Starters barely play into the second quarter/)
Bama - W (Their season will already be "over" by their standards after two earlier losses and Auburn will be hyped to the sky.)

11-1 rematch with the Dawgs when we shock the world and do the damn thing!

Then, it's on to the playoffs where we do what Bama couldn't and beat Texas. Michigan beats UGA.

We beat Michigan on a FG. Al Del Greco-style.

14-1. National Champs.

Straight. In. My. Veins!

I like your optimism son.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

wesfau2

« Reply #51 on: August 28, 2023, 03:14:58 PM »
Bumping this for game week:

Auburn - 63
UMass - 10

Yeah, the Minutemen are a new-look squad who put a nice pounding on mighty...NMSU.  So, let's hold the fretting and worry over our defense's ability to stop this bunch of schmoes.  It's in an Auburn fan's blood to sweat these games but I am not giving into that self-inflicted psychic trauma.  The new era begins with a fucking bang.

TDs for: Hunter (3), Thorne (4), Battie and James with (1).
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #52 on: August 28, 2023, 03:27:33 PM »
28 - 13
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #53 on: August 28, 2023, 03:28:53 PM »

Auburn - 63
UMass - 10

Yeah, the Minutemen are a new-look squad who put a nice pounding on mighty...NMSU.  So, let's hold the fretting and worry over our defense's ability to stop this bunch of schmoes.  It's in an Auburn fan's blood to sweat these games but I am not giving into that self-inflicted psychic trauma.  The new era begins with a fucking bang.

I'm gonna guess 38-17 Auburn.  I think with the new clock rules, it will affect how much we can run it up.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2023, 03:35:15 PM by Snakebite »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

wesfau2

« Reply #54 on: August 28, 2023, 04:20:30 PM »
I'm gonna guess 38-17 Auburn.  I think with the new clock rules, it will affect how much we can run it up.

Chunk.
Plays.

and I don't mean that we're bringing back the Truffle Shuffle.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #55 on: August 28, 2023, 04:43:10 PM »
Love the optimism. I am usually pretty good at denying evidence to the contrary and calling for a championship every year in the preseason. This year, I want them to exceed my expectations and to meet yours.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #56 on: August 28, 2023, 04:43:39 PM »
I'm going with 41-17, good guys.  I was thinking more like 63-21 before watching the games last week.  I think the clock rules keep games like this from being so high scoring.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #57 on: August 28, 2023, 04:45:04 PM »
I'm going with 41-17, good guys.  I was thinking more like 63-21 before watching the games last week.  I think the clock rules keep games like this from being so high scoring.

It’s like I thought it, said it, and you blazed in here and said it better.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Buzz Killington,
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #58 on: August 29, 2023, 09:36:31 AM »
It’s like I thought it, said it, and you blazed in here and said it better.
I am really good at stealing thunder
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #59 on: August 29, 2023, 12:54:44 PM »

Auburn - 63
UMass - 10

They gave up nearly 500 to that shit team, both on the ground and in the air. Who knows what happens if NMSU doesn't turn it over 3 times. This game should not be remotely close, and if Auburn doesn't score at will, something has gone very wrong. Quez should have 100 by halftime if the Umass D has the same performance they did last week.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE