Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Crapped Out

jmar

Crapped Out
« on: May 04, 2024, 07:34:02 AM »
So PG Duke Miles spurns his childhood favorite to become a Sooner and RJ Godfrey hops back over to FUGA and the only reasoning that can be diciphered from this is that both felt the shared PT would not warrant the move with a solid group of veterans returning.

Just a guess but Pegues would likely get over 2/3rds or .667 of the floor time and Godfrey would only serve as a third body at power forward, certainly no "moore" than he was at Clemson.

So this is it, we have our team.
Maybe the two kids and our thin numbers will surpass all expectations and deliver this championship title which has evaded us.
Oh yeah... May the 4th be with you and happy cinco de mayo!

« Last Edit: May 04, 2024, 07:38:09 AM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: Crapped Out
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2024, 07:52:37 AM »
So PG Duke Miles spurns his childhood favorite to become a Sooner and RJ Godfrey hops back over to FUGA and the only reasoning that can be diciphered from this is that both felt the shared PT would not warrant the move with a solid group of veterans returning.

Just a guess but Pegues would likely get over 2/3rds or .667 of the floor time and Godfrey would only serve as a third body at power forward, certainly no "moore" than he was at Clemson.

So this is it, we have our team.
Maybe the two kids and our thin numbers will surpass all expectations and deliver this championship title which has evaded us.
Oh yeah... May the 4th be with you and happy cinco de mayo!

We were all told that there would be no math.

Happy Cinco De Mayo, jmar!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

jmar

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2024, 09:34:14 AM »

We were all told that there would be no math.

Happy Cinco De Mayo, jmar!
Thank you Snake.
I was mostly wanting a real difference maker that could put the ball on the floor and mix it up inside with a soft bank shot or sweet little jump hook and it just didn't happen. And that's all a big kid needs if he can defend and wants to earn some money at another level, maybe travel around Europe a bit. I'm not disappointed it's just the missing piece we needed so badly.

Here's hoping Howard becomes the second coming of Dom Wilkins and tomahawks his way to stardom alongside Broome. Seems to be his calling card.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2024, 09:44:46 AM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2024, 08:28:22 AM »
Rodfrey - absolutely playing time, starter job. Plus his dad played at uga. I get that.

But…

Miles? More playing time plus OU absolutely overpaid for his NIL value. Bruce and OTV are not going to pay double a kids NIL value for a likely “backup guard”. No way no how. I wanted him but not for that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

jmar

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2024, 09:06:57 AM »
Yeah I'm not privy to the value assigned to these gypsies but here's another heavily recruited kid that CBP is courting at point guard. He's a teammate of Howard.

https://247sports.com/player/tyler-jackson-46136028/
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2024, 12:26:25 PM »
Yeah I'm not privy to the value assigned to these gypsies but here's another heavily recruited kid that CBP is courting at point guard. He's a teammate of Howard.

https://247sports.com/player/tyler-jackson-46136028/

6'2" and 153 lbs? Really? Do you know how hard it is to add bulk for a skinny fella at that age. We saw how a slight PG gets treated in the SEC last season. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

jmar

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2024, 01:12:57 PM »
6'2" and 153 lbs? Really? Do you know how hard it is to add bulk for a skinny fella at that age. We saw how a slight PG gets treated in the SEC last season.
I completely agree but 30ppg against air is worth a look.

Hey this is just what I pulled up. And for fear of jinxing a power forward in the portal with a visit this week I won't even mention his name.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2024, 07:16:38 AM »
Sorry to inform you but all of the available point guards that Auburn is currently showing interest in are barely 11 stones five soaking wet.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2024, 09:25:24 AM »
sent this to a few folks last night but Auburn is now talking to Dior Johnson.

Too much to type but nutshell version:

Former 5 star
#1 PG in country out of HS
Scores a lot - close to 30 a game last year
HUGE UPSIDE
No Doubt he is a talent and potential NBA Pick

BUT.....

LOT of red flags with this kid. Hes been around....a lot. Has behavior issues. Has anger issues. Has been arrested for beating the hell out of his GF. Has committed to and uncommitted to about 9-10 schools since HS. Can we take a chance? I'll trust Bruce to vet this 1 and done. If he can behave for 8-10 months and wants a ring? Hell yes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2024, 10:23:23 AM »
sent this to a few folks last night but Auburn is now talking to Dior Johnson.

Too much to type but nutshell version:

Former 5 star
#1 PG in country out of HS
Scores a lot - close to 30 a game last year
HUGE UPSIDE
No Doubt he is a talent and potential NBA Pick

BUT.....

LOT of red flags with this kid. Hes been around....a lot. Has behavior issues. Has anger issues. Has been arrested for beating the hell out of his GF. Has committed to and uncommitted to about 9-10 schools since HS. Can we take a chance? I'll trust Bruce to vet this 1 and done. If he can behave for 8-10 months and wants a ring? Hell yes.

He could be our Brandon Miller.  I like it!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

jmar

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2024, 11:18:41 AM »
When is this kid up for parole and will he have any eligibilimy left?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2024, 05:28:15 PM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2024, 07:18:03 AM »
Not sure why we are worrying about it. 

According to the radio and al.communist? Bammer done won the next seven or ten nashnul champeenships. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

jmar

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2024, 08:34:34 AM »

According to the radio and al.communist? Bammer done won the next seven or ten nashnul champeenships. 
Not so worried as I am intrigued about CBP's knack for attracting talent at Auburn. We only lack about two pieces to make this a formidAUble  ("Buzz" word) lineup of veteran hoopsters on the Plains.

True, as it is written by aol.com scribes etc..  the mahty Tahd is flexing its blueblood status over all that would dare challenge its magnificence.

Auburn fans can however at least draw comfort knowing that our little program will be present and accounted for when March rolls around.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2024, 09:00:01 AM »

Both will be top 10 preseason, so I can't wait for the media drivel come Oct/Nov.

If we pick up another couple of solid pieces, we could be top 5 preseason.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2024, 04:27:30 PM »
Both will be top 10 preseason, so I can't wait for the media drivel come Oct/Nov.

If we pick up another couple of solid pieces, we could be top 5 preseason.
It don't matter none, as long as that NaitOaks is in t-town.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #15 on: Today at 02:06:01 AM »

It’s Nake Oaks…
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

GH2001

« Reply #16 on: Today at 08:31:40 AM »

Really wish he had went to Louisville or UK. He was almost dumb not to. They aren’t gonna upgrade that airport hanger they play in anytime soon and basketball will never have full appreciation there. I hate the guy but he can coach and his schemes on the court are good. They play Zero d though. He may have been scary with Kentucky’s talent and resources. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

jmar

« Reply #17 on: Today at 09:38:54 AM »
Really wish he had went to Louisville or UK. He was almost dumb not to. They aren’t gonna upgrade that airport hanger they play in anytime soon and basketball will never have full appreciation there. I hate the guy but he can coach and his schemes on the court are good. They play Zero d though. He may have been scary with Kentucky’s talent and resources. 
Yeah he seems to get uber production from the longer post up kids. And this is with minimal floor time. Hell even Calipari was struggling with that at UK. And say what you want about Sears but the dude is a straight up baller at just over 6 feet.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions