Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Did Auburn Dodge Two Nightmares?

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
Did Auburn Dodge Two Nightmares?
« on: June 08, 2023, 08:17:46 AM »
Back in Coach Search Season (TM), two prominent names were hot and heavy in the Auburn zeitgeist - Lane Kiffin (aka Portal King, aka Joey Freshwater) and Deion Sanders (aka Coach Prime, aka His Primeness).

Kiffin is all about one thing - Lane. Deion is the same way. They suck all the air out of the room, demand coverage a certain way, get surly with local beats, kowtow to national (re: BSPN) reporters, expect the rules to bend around their will and wish, and always seem to be chasing "something more" in terms of jobs.

Seeing the circuses that follow both of those people (contrived and otherwise), did Auburn dodge a couple of nightmares by going with HF over Kiffikins and PrimeOptimus? I think they did.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
oldautiger,
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Re: Did Auburn Dodge Two Nightmares?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2023, 08:34:40 AM »
Early returns would suggest so...but let's see if HuckleBuck can keep it scandal free during his tenure.  Not off to a great start on that front.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2023, 09:01:47 AM »
Early returns would suggest so...but let's see if HuckleBuck can keep it scandal free during his tenure.  Not off to a great start on that front.

He can't control actions that happened before he took over. I think them dudes were having themselves a little fun during the dark era of Harsin. I can't say I blame them but it was dumb nonetheless. Thing may end up being a nothing burger.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
WiregrassTiger,
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2023, 10:05:46 AM »
We dodged one with Kiffin because he's just not a good coach. As long as he's been in this game, all the over-the-top, idiotic things he did last year alone, points to the fact that he's never matured.

Prime?  Never did want. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2023, 10:51:37 AM »
We dodged one with Kiffin because he's just not a good coach. As long as he's been in this game, all the over-the-top, idiotic things he did last year alone, points to the fact that he's never matured.

Prime?  Never did want.

Fully admit I liked both....fully admit I was wrong. They are both terrible fits for several different reasons, but also one similar reason - unwarranted ego. Neither have done anything at a high level coaching to warrant the ego they both carry. Lane is literally talking crap since Nov riding a 5 game losing streak, one of those being to a dude that was on his death bed. Deion seems dysfunctional as hell, plays favorites and says some truly dumbass things.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2023, 11:26:56 AM »
I would have wanted Cadillac to be given a shot over both of them.  That is even considering that he is probably not ready professionally for that big a step.  He is all in for Auburn, and walks the walk on selfless service.

As previously stated, I am ecstatic with us getting his royal Hughness in the end.  It is even more apparent with what he has done in the short time he has been here.

I hope Auburn honors Cadillac all season in the pregame video.  It was his actions/leadership that sparked hope & positive momentum within the base.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2023, 12:00:17 PM »
Fully admit I liked both....fully admit I was wrong. They are both terrible fits for several different reasons, but also one similar reason - unwarranted ego. Neither have done anything at a high level coaching to warrant the ego they both carry. Lane is literally talking crap since Nov riding a 5 game losing streak, one of those being to a dude that was on his death bed. Deion seems dysfunctional as hell, plays favorites and says some truly dumbass things.

I was never fully on the Lane Train.  Y'all know I was hollerin' for the "Splash hire".  But when it seemed like he was the only one being talked about, I was okay with him.  So, when I was kind of resigned to the fact that he would most likely be the next Corch, I started paying close attention to what we'd be getting.  That's when the 5 game skid started, most of which were squarely on his shoulders for doing non-stop, stupid shit. And, when after the Egg Bowl, his own fans were chanting for him to please take the Auburn job....well.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2023, 01:19:31 PM »
I was holding out hope for Coach Boom but that ship has apparently sailed, took two torpedoes in the aft, and sank in Athens.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2023, 03:47:56 PM »
I would have wanted Cadillac to be given a shot over both of them.  That is even considering that he is probably not ready professionally for that big a step.  He is all in for Auburn, and walks the walk on selfless service.

As previously stated, I am ecstatic with us getting his royal Hughness in the end.  It is even more apparent with what he has done in the short time he has been here.

I hope Auburn honors Cadillac all season in the pregame video.  It was his actions/leadership that sparked hope & positive momentum within the base.
I wanted Cadillac or Lane. I never wanted Neon. Not even for free.

I’ve already come clean on being wrong about Hew. But I was primarily following in my idols footsteps (kaos) but I still believe the #1 class at old piss tells you everything one needs to know.

But, it’s legal now. And it helps even things out with Bama because they could do it on a different level and get away with it. Not that other schools didn’t do it but they took it to a higher level.

Now, I think Freeze seems sincere. He won me over with his personality, whether he’s full of b.s. or not. He may be but recruiting is going better than ever.

Proof is in the jello pudding pops.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2023, 04:07:13 PM »
I'll admit, I was in the camp that Lane or Neon would be better than Hugh G. Rection...but I can admit when I am wrong.  Like that time in Dothan with that lawyer who said he really cared.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2023, 04:39:30 PM »
I'll admit, I was in the camp that Lane or Neon would be better than Hugh G. Rection...but I can admit when I am wrong.  Like that time in Dothan with that lawyer who said he really cared.

I still laugh about that day.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2023, 04:47:34 PM »
I wanted Cadillac or Lane. I never wanted Neon. Not even for free.

I’ve already come clean on being wrong about Hew. But I was primarily following in my idols footsteps (kaos) but I still believe the #1 class at old piss tells you everything one needs to know.

But, it’s legal now. And it helps even things out with Bama because they could do it on a different level and get away with it. Not that other schools didn’t do it but they took it to a higher level.

Now, I think Freeze seems sincere. He won me over with his personality, whether he’s full of b.s. or not. He may be but recruiting is going better than ever.

Proof is in the jello pudding pops.

I am going to have to start liking more of your posts if you keep pushing out content like this. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2023, 04:59:49 PM »
I am going to have to start liking more of your posts if you keep pushing out content like this.

Don't encourage him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2023, 09:05:42 PM »
Please don’t be shy about liking my posts. I’m not.

There used to be a counter that tallied up the Likes. Kaos was the leader but I think I was probably in second.

I felt bad for Wes so I finally broke down and gave him 4. But honestly, I lied.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Snakebite,
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

GH2001

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2023, 11:07:56 PM »
Like that time in Dothan with that lawyer who said he really cared.

Go on….
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2023, 08:39:05 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.