Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Everybody Merge

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Everybody Merge
« on: June 07, 2023, 11:53:33 AM »
I don't play much/if any golf anymore.  Used to be a regular before I got into the lawyerin' business, but once I did, I was no longer around the group I played with.  Plus, I just didn't have the time anymore.  I still go to the range and hit from time to time, and think I'd like to get back in it, but the reality is, I have no friends.  But, I digress.

Call me strange, or call me Edna if you like.  The fact is, I've always loved watching golf. The Masters is one of my favorite weeks of sports watching.  Obviously, golf has been going through some big transitions in the past couple of years, with the Saudi backed, LIV Tour, signing a huge chunk of the top PGA talent, to ginormous contracts. When those players started leaving, there was a lot of animosity, and the PGA Commissioner openly said if you leave, you ain't coming back. Then, he started taking shots at the Saudi's and all but calling the players traitors. Lawsuits have been flying from both sides.

Then, out of the blue, it was announced yesterday that the tours are merging.  All indications are that the vast majority of the PGA players got the news the same way, and same time as the general public.  The Commissioner is being ripped as one of the biggest hypocrites in all of sports.  Suddenly, that Saudi money didn't look so bad anymore. 

Anyway, I know there's zero golf talk on here, but this is a huge dealio in the sports world.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Re: Everybody Merge
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2023, 12:13:26 PM »
Reaaaaallly bad look for the PGA.  Total flipflop for the payday.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2023, 12:18:03 PM »

No doubt.  And there were a lot of players who turned down large guaranteed money to stay with the PGA.  It was reported that McIlroy turned down $400 mil.  Pretty stupid on his part, but does go to show the type of $$$ these guys can throw around.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2023, 12:18:55 PM »
What atrocities?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2023, 12:33:35 PM »
What atrocities?

DeChambeau did a news hit this am (maybe last night) essentially saying: hey, I know we said we'd never forget, but it's been 20 years so maybe we can lighten up on my new overlord/benefactors.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2023, 03:06:15 PM »

Agree...Monahan has ZERO conviction. How about Rory and Tiger giving up huge pay days to stay and then this happening? Phil and DayShaBO are laughing all the way to the bank now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2023, 03:08:44 PM »
Agree...Monahan has ZERO conviction. How about Rory and Tiger giving up huge pay days to stay and then this happening? Phil and DayShaBO are laughing all the way to the bank now.

Exactly. And those fines they propose? Pfffffttttttt. That's the what those now-former LIV Golf guys and their agents say.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2023, 03:55:07 PM »
Exactly. And those fines they propose? Pfffffttttttt. That's the what those now-former LIV Golf guys and their agents say.

All that virtue signaling was a facade the whole damn time. If I'm a PGA guy that bought into, I am livid....and also a gullible chump.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE