Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Pride Month

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Pride Month
« Reply #60 on: June 06, 2023, 02:14:26 PM »
Do you know the purpose of the little tuck pouch?  It's not trans-focused. 

BTDubbs, conservative stalwart outlet USAToday (sarcasm intended) doesn't agree with you here....

Target is facing conservative backlash due to its LGBTQ pride month section and is pulling some pride merchandise from its stores in response. The "tuck-friendly" swimsuit, made for those who are transgender, is one such item that has sparked outrage online.

Though some of the swimsuits shown on the Target rack in the Instagram video appear quite small alongside the larger sizes, they aren't children's swimsuits.

While another conservative outlet, DailyMailUK provided this info on the maker of them...

Some Southern stores were forced to move merchandise - which were designed by Erik Carnell, a transgender man and self-proclaimed Satanist - to the back of stores.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #61 on: June 06, 2023, 02:44:48 PM »
Wes is wrong.

Water remains wet. 

The neverending story just keeps rolling on. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #62 on: June 06, 2023, 02:45:23 PM »
BTDubbs, conservative stalwart outlet USAToday (sarcasm intended) doesn't agree with you here....

While another conservative outlet, DailyMailUK provided this info on the maker of them...

Is it useful for that purpose?  I guess.  Did somebody update it for that purpose?  Fuck if I know.

I just know the design has been around at least as long as I've been around.

So I'm back to asking: what's the big fucking deal?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #63 on: June 06, 2023, 03:03:11 PM »
Is it useful for that purpose?  I guess.  Did somebody update it for that purpose?  Fuck if I know.

I just know the design has been around at least as long as I've been around.

So I'm back to asking: what's the big fucking deal?

I raised a houseful of girls. I've been married plenty.   

No, that's NOT a normal, natural, regular thing in swimwear, I don't care what you think you overheard while peeping through the crack in the changing room door and jerking off to bloated, sunburned Tennessee hillbillies trying to squeeze their mounds of cottage cheese into medium-sized swimsuits.

You know it's a big fucking deal.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #64 on: June 06, 2023, 03:18:14 PM »

No, that's NOT a normal, natural, regular thing in swimwear, I don't care what you think you overheard while peeping through the crack in the changing room door and jerking off to bloated, sunburned Tennessee hillbillies trying to squeeze their mounds of cottage cheese into medium-sized swimsuits.

It's obviously a big deal to a LOT of people. This isn't a fringe overreaction by people who: didn't shop there or own shares anyway. The middle of the country has spoken. Shareholders have spoken.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #65 on: June 06, 2023, 03:32:04 PM »

I just tossed off to the naughty hillbillie bitch with the cottage cheese.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

wesfau2

« Reply #66 on: June 06, 2023, 03:55:02 PM »
Shareholders have spoken.

These are the only people with a "grievance" if there was any financial hit to Target.  And they aren't passive, agent-less victims.  You don't like the way your corporation is being run, vote your shares.  I haven't been paying attention to this tempest in a teapot, so I don't know if any executive changes have been made.

Here are Target's shareholders.  These are the votes that count.  Everyone else can, in the opinion of the board, pound sand:

Capital Research & Management Co.   136,750,350   29.7%
The Vanguard Group, Inc.   40,327,479   8.76%
Capital Research & Management Co. (World Investors)   36,087,765   7.84%
SSgA Funds Management, Inc.   34,570,634   7.51%
BNP Paribas Securities Corp.   20,851,210   4.53%
BlackRock Fund Advisors   10,131,006   2.20%
Massachusetts Financial Services Co.   8,501,623   1.85%
Geode Capital Management LLC   8,300,283   1.80%
Pershing Square Capital Management LP   7,399,622   1.61%
Wells Fargo Clearing Services LLC   6,638,025   1.44%
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #67 on: June 06, 2023, 04:10:13 PM »
These are the only people with a "grievance" if there was any financial hit to Target.  And they aren't passive, agent-less victims.  You don't like the way your corporation is being run, vote your shares.  I haven't been paying attention to this tempest in a teapot, so I don't know if any executive changes have been made.

Here are Target's shareholders.  These are the votes that count.  Everyone else can, in the opinion of the board, pound sand:

Capital Research & Management Co.   136,750,350   29.7%
The Vanguard Group, Inc.   40,327,479   8.76%
Capital Research & Management Co. (World Investors)   36,087,765   7.84%
SSgA Funds Management, Inc.   34,570,634   7.51%
BNP Paribas Securities Corp.   20,851,210   4.53%
BlackRock Fund Advisors   10,131,006   2.20%
Massachusetts Financial Services Co.   8,501,623   1.85%
Geode Capital Management LLC   8,300,283   1.80%
Pershing Square Capital Management LP   7,399,622   1.61%
Wells Fargo Clearing Services LLC   6,638,025   1.44%

what you are failing to grasp are the 401k retirees with pitchforks outside the edward jones office demanding action. 
lawsuits forthcoming.

you were wrong about budlight...you'll be wrong about this one too. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #68 on: June 06, 2023, 04:27:13 PM »
what you are failing to grasp are the 401k retirees with pitchforks outside the edward jones office demanding action. 
lawsuits forthcoming.

you were wrong about budlight...you'll be wrong about this one too.

What lawsuits?  Seriously...point me to some.

And more importantly:  On what fucking basis?  The corporate execs have broad discretion under the "Business Judgment" Rule. 

This is all so fucking dumb.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #69 on: June 06, 2023, 04:29:30 PM »
I love this. It lets the deviants know that the county is NOT with them. They think because they are the loudest that others agree with them. They are finding that is not the case.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #70 on: June 06, 2023, 04:46:21 PM »
I believe the biggest issue here is the way transgenderism (Is that a word?) is being force-fed to the public.  Yes, it’s Pride Month, if that’s your thing.  Who cares?  Sometimes, I find it almost comical when somebody announces they’re, “coming out”, as if that’s necessary. But the transgender thing is something else altogether, and I believe Target lumping it in with the Pride merch may be at the root of the uproar. (I said root)

Trans has become a huge hot button controversy across the country.  You have biological males competing in girl’s and women’s sports, from swimming, to track, and even MMA fighting.  Riley Gaines has become an activist for women’s sports, and is speaking out across the country, after she lost to biological male, Lia Thomas, in swimming.  She knows he is a biological male, because he undressed in the girls locker room in front of all the female swimmers. And more and more stories come out about biological males sharing girl’s locker rooms and bathrooms, both in schools, and in public.

States are divided, with some banning biological males competing in women’s sports, while others are threatening to withhold Federal funding if schools in that State don’t allow it.  There have been countless lawsuits filed over the issue.  Then you take it a step further, with the issue of what age should a child be allowed to go through gender affirming surgeries.  You can’t buy cigarettes or alcohol at age 14, but you can make the decision to have your dick cut off?   

So many more examples of what’s going on, and people are very passionate about it.  Does dressing up like a woman, and calling yourself a woman affect me?  Nope.  You do you. But if you go in the same locker room as my daughter, and whip your junk out, and claim it’s okay because you “identify” a certain way, now we have a problem.  Ultimately, I think people see Target and Bud Light etc. as promoting something they are vehemently opposed to.  They may just be going over the top with trying to be all about diversity and inclusion.  But people are obviously not taking it that way.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #71 on: June 06, 2023, 04:50:52 PM »
I believe the biggest issue here is the way transgenderism (Is that a word?) is being force-fed to the public.  Yes, it’s Pride Month, if that’s your thing.  Who cares?  Sometimes, I find it almost comical when somebody announces they’re, “coming out”, as if that’s necessary. But the transgender thing is something else altogether, and I believe Target lumping it in with the Pride merch may be at the root of the uproar. (I said root)

Trans has become a huge hot button controversy across the country.  You have biological males competing in girl’s and women’s sports, from swimming, to track, and even MMA fighting.  Riley Gaines has become an activist for women’s sports, and is speaking out across the country, after she lost to biological male, Lia Thomas, in swimming.  She knows he is a biological male, because he undressed in the girls locker room in front of all the female swimmers. And more and more stories come out about biological males sharing girl’s locker rooms and bathrooms, both in schools, and in public.

States are divided, with some banning biological males competing in women’s sports, while others are threatening to withhold Federal funding if schools in that State don’t allow it.  There have been countless lawsuits filed over the issue.  Then you take it a step further, with the issue of what age should a child be allowed to go through gender affirming surgeries.  You can’t buy cigarettes or alcohol at age 14, but you can make the decision to have your dick cut off?   

So many more examples of what’s going on, and people are very passionate about it.  Does dressing up like a woman, and calling yourself a woman affect me?  Nope.  You do you. But if you go in the same locker room as my daughter, and whip your junk out, and claim it’s okay because you “identify” a certain way, now we have a problem.  Ultimately, I think people see Target and Bud Light etc. as promoting something they are vehemently opposed to.  They may just be going over the top with trying to be all about diversity and inclusion.  But people are obviously not taking it that way.

Starting a slow clap on this post, just like gonorrhea.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

wesfau2

« Reply #72 on: June 06, 2023, 04:56:14 PM »

Well that's certainly what they're selling to you guys.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #73 on: June 06, 2023, 05:01:44 PM »

I just know you’d try to do the Bud Light dude.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #74 on: June 06, 2023, 05:03:42 PM »
I just know you’d try to do the Bud Light dude.

It depends on how many drinks he bought me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #75 on: June 06, 2023, 05:09:05 PM »

Just an observation.  The trans dealio is seriously polarizing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #76 on: June 06, 2023, 05:11:51 PM »
Just an observation.  The trans dealio is seriously polarizing.

Just as it was when they aimed the same lame accusations at the gays.

And before that it was the black and brown folk.

It's a shitty playbook that they keep trotting out to cover for a lack of popular policy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #77 on: June 06, 2023, 05:49:48 PM »
Just as it was when they aimed the same lame accusations at the gays.

And before that it was the black and brown folk.

It's a shitty playbook that they keep trotting out to cover for a lack of popular policy.
Because letting a 10 year old decide to cut his dick off is just the same as blacks not being able to use the “whites only” water fountain?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #78 on: June 06, 2023, 06:10:29 PM »
Sometimes, I find it almost comical when somebody announces they’re, “coming out”, as if that’s necessary.

I rarely announced when I was "coming in."  That led to a surprise here and there.  Usually a good one.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #79 on: June 06, 2023, 06:12:01 PM »

See, that's a huge assumption right there. You can't just chalk it up to ole Prowler standby of "THATS WHAT FOXNEWS AND NEWSMAX IS TELLING YOU TO THINK!!"....I see the little alt right weirdos get off on their high horse all the time about nothing burgers. I don't deny those guys can be touched but this one is a little more mainstream and has some merit to many people. It may shock you to know that some people actually do critically think for themselves on issues like these.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE