Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Err'body Safe?

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Err'body Safe?
« on: June 15, 2023, 09:59:46 AM »
I guess I've become my dad.  Just looked at the radar, and it looks like another huge band of storms rolling through the State.  Went home at lunch yesterday, and there were 3 tornado warnings going on at the same time in neighboring counties.  Got home last night, after a power workout at the gym,(But you guys know that's a given) and all hell broke loose in a matter of minutes.  No tornado, but 80 plus m.p.h. winds.  A house right down from us apparently took a lightning strike, and next thing we know, 5 fire trucks, one amberlamps and 3 Sheriffs cars are flying past our house. 

Also, I heard two terms I'd never heard before, both used yesterday. Derecho and Gustnado.  Our local weather dude kept referring to areas on the radar as a Gustnado.  Can we please stop coming up with dumbass terms to describe everything?

Anyway, hope everybody stays safe.     
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
Re: Err'body Safe?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2023, 11:35:34 AM »
I guess I've become my dad.  Just looked at the radar, and it looks like another huge band of storms rolling through the State.  Went home at lunch yesterday, and there were 3 tornado warnings going on at the same time in neighboring counties.  Got home last night, after a power workout at the gym,(But you guys know that's a given) and all hell broke loose in a matter of minutes.  No tornado, but 80 plus m.p.h. winds.  A house right down from us apparently took a lightning strike, and next thing we know, 5 fire trucks, one amberlamps and 3 Sheriffs cars are flying past our house. 

Also, I heard two terms I'd never heard before, both used yesterday. Derecho and Gustnado.  Our local weather dude kept referring to areas on the radar as a Gustnado.  Can we please stop coming up with dumbass terms to describe everything?

Anyway, hope everybody stays safe.   

Lotsa rain and thunder bumpers here last night and today. Supposed to blow out of my region by mid-afternoonish.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2023, 03:52:33 PM »
really hit the middle and southern parts of both states badly.

Left Columbus this morning and it was bad, got to Atlanta 80 min or so later and the sun was out. Weird AF.

Folks I know that live around Metro Atlanta told me it never got bad there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2023, 04:25:01 PM »
It's rolling through here again right now.  Did I mention I'm not a fan of lightning?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."