The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
Re: How Will The SEC Look?
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2023, 08:35:02 AM »
SEC, sans divisions, going with 8-game conference slate in '24
Alex Scarborough, ESPN Staff Writer
Jun 1, 2023, 05:59 PM ET

The SEC won't be moving to a nine-game conference schedule after all. But it will be going forward in 2024 without divisions.

Commissioner Greg Sankey told reporters Thursday that the league has approved a temporary eight-game conference schedule for the 2024 football season when it welcomes Texas and Oklahoma to the league.

Sankey said that the league will continue exploring scheduling options for 2025 and beyond.

Sankey had strongly hinted at his preference for a nine-game conference schedule leading up to the SEC's spring meetings in Destin, Florida, this week. The proposal would have featured three permanent opponents, which would preserve long-standing rivalries, as well as six rotating opponents.

Other than the obvious rivalries such as Alabama-Auburn, Georgia-Florida and Mississippi State-Ole Miss, sources told ESPN's Chris Low that a priority for the league would be preserving other long-standing rivalries such as Alabama-Tennessee, Auburn-Georgia and Texas-Texas A&M during the 2024 season.

There were a number of issues causing concern among stakeholders regarding the nine-game conference schedule. Among them: competitive balance and the desire for more revenue in return for the additional conference game.

Asked about the possibility of being compensated for an extra conference game, Sankey said he believes, "Money follows. It doesn't lead."

More here--->https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/37776202/sec-sans-divisions-going-8-game-conference-slate-24
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2023, 11:33:02 AM »
Does anyone outside of MS really care about the fucking Egg Bowl?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2023, 11:41:56 AM »
Does anyone outside of MS really care about the fucking Egg Bowl?

the answer is...NO. Hard NO.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2023, 11:48:11 AM »
I don't particularly care about the Egg Bowl, but I'll watch, because it's large, sweaty young men banging into each other. But, that's just my thing.

Srsly, I'll opt to check out some MACtion on a Wednesday night, with 1,200 people in the stands, just because it's football.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2023, 11:49:11 AM »
I don't particularly care about the Egg Bowl, but I'll watch, because it's large, sweaty young men banging into each other. But, that's just my thing.

Srsly, I'll opt to check out some MACtion on a Wednesday night, with 1,200 people in the stands, just because it's football.

Oh, for sure.  Just wondered if anyone was caught up in the drama, the pageantry, the intrigue of the...Egg Bowl.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2023, 11:52:58 AM »
Oh, for sure.  Just wondered if anyone was caught up in the drama, the pageantry, the intrigue of the...Egg Bowl.

Echo GH...HARD no!

Loved seeing Kiffin continue his string of stellar coaching decisions, and get egg on his face.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."